Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor

Post by Matt »

> manually set waypoints

nope
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

So I accidentally pressed Enter while editing this NEW UPDATE!, so I'll post here lest I forget.

Just..... lots of changes in the past 3 months. Bullets and bullet-related damage have been totally overhauled, resulting in a cascade of changes to everything.
  • Monsters now have an incapacitated state.
  • Armour makes a huge difference against shotguns, less so against everything else.
  • Medikits work differently. No more lying down for ten minutes while the Second Flesh works.
  • Skill levels are now just the basic ones plus a bunch of cvars for each of the custom behaviours.
  • Marines are severely nerfed in their reaction times.

EDIT: nevermind, give it another week or so
Last edited by Matt on Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Matt wrote:So I accidentally pressed Enter while editing this NEW UPDATE!, so I'll post here lest I forget.

Just..... lots of changes in the past 3 months. Bullets and bullet-related damage have been totally overhauled, resulting in a cascade of changes to everything.
  • Armour makes a huge difference against shotguns, less so against everything else.
  • Medikits work differently. No more lying down for ten minutes while the Second Flesh works.
  • Skill levels are now just the basic ones plus a bunch of cvars for each of the custom behaviours.
The update appears to have disappeared.
Jarewill

Post by Jarewill »

skdursh wrote:The update appears to have disappeared.
Some more changes happened, so I guess the update was postponed.
Back to the github master you shall go.
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

Jarewill wrote:
skdursh wrote:The update appears to have disappeared.
Some more changes happened, so I guess the update was postponed.
Back to the github master you shall go.
yep... someone discovered some crash-causing bugs, so the update got removed. Probably won't take too long to fix though.
theroguemonk
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by theroguemonk »

can we get please a pk3 file so we can mess about wiith this..
Jarewill

Post by Jarewill »

theroguemonk wrote:can we get please a pk3 file so we can mess about wiith this..
You can just open up the pk7 file like a zip file.
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

theroguemonk wrote:can we get please a pk3 file so we can mess about wiith this..
Step 1: go to the github page
Step 2: click the green button that says "clone or download"
Step 3: press "download ZIP"
Step 4: run the whole zip, as if it was a pk3
Klavito

Post by Klavito »

Hey guys, I just wanted to make a question.

I've been watching a few things about the mod, and it looks even better than the realistic stuff I was looking for. The problem is, because of my PC being not like a toaster, but like a piece of stone, the latest GZDoom version I can run without it crashing is the 3.3.0.

So I cant load none of the current versions of HD, and when I look for the 3.3.0 version of the mod in github, I dont see the .pk3 file.

Is there a solution for me, or should I forget about the idea of playing this mod at all? :/

I would thank any advice or information.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Drag the zip file onto gzdoom.exe
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

Klavito wrote:Hey guys, I just wanted to make a question.

I've been watching a few things about the mod, and it looks even better than the realistic stuff I was looking for. The problem is, because of my PC being not like a toaster, but like a piece of stone, the latest GZDoom version I can run without it crashing is the 3.3.0.

So I cant load none of the current versions of HD, and when I look for the 3.3.0 version of the mod in github, I dont see the .pk3 file.

Is there a solution for me, or should I forget about the idea of playing this mod at all? :/

I would thank any advice or information.
here's the last version for 3.3

Have you tried using LZDoom? Configuring it is a bit more complex than for regular GZDoom, but you might be able to play HD as it's based on 3.3.2. Personally, i use LZDoom too cause my computer is also a toaster.
TDRR
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro/Win 8.1
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TDRR »

HaveYouSeenThisMan wrote:Hey Matt I have a suggestion,
there's a mod out there that makes offline bots run on GZDoom (even offline death matches):
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=64527
I wonder if you knew about this and could you make it compatable for the mod?
It'll be better than the current allies who just wander around aimlessly (eg. Office Assault for example)
I genuinely doubt the TDBots can be made compatible with Hideous Destructor in any sensible way. I tried with Hideous Destructor 2014 and it's just flat-out impossible, everything breaks in strange ways, not to mention that there's just no way the TDBots could play HD decently, considering they are accustomed to having a relatively high (30+) amount of health and have no idea of the concept of bleeding.
Matt wrote:> manually set waypoints

nope
That's not the issue at all, the TDBots can navigate maps normally without waypoints (Else they would be a load of junk since no one makes waypoints for them), but HD has far too complex gameplay to make bots that can play it decently. You can try if you want, but to be honest, with this mod it seems more like wasted effort that should be put in improving other things.

One thing you could do is just take their basic waypointing (And the player's automatic placing of waypoints every half-second) and apply them to the HD allies, so they follow the player. It's probably a better idea to just make your own as it's really easy but if you want you can take the code without need of placing the MIT license in HD. (Note: this is a special exception)
Matt

Post by Matt »

TDRR: good to know, thanks! The pathfinding is really the biggest blocker for me when it comes to NPC behaviour - the really complicated weapon handling can be abstracted out, but if I can lift some ideas off the way you do it in your bots that could change a lot of things...
Matt

Post by Matt »

skdursh wrote:
Matt wrote:So I accidentally pressed Enter while editing this NEW UPDATE!, so I'll post here lest I forget.

The update appears to have disappeared.
It has now reappeared. And if it gets another very-quickly-game-breaking crash again that's going to be 4.2.4b.
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

Sweet, new stable!

Finally, I can put up the updates for my addons soon™. This update'll take a while to get used to.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”