Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Silentdarkness12

Re: Hideous Destructor [Release version 3.2.5.1]

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Eric_ wrote:Any armor is good for getting fire off of you. If there's no water around, it's the only reliable way to put yourself out. I always replace security armor once I find heavier stuff, but going naked is suicidal.
....Not from what I noticed? I've gotten lit on fire while wearing armor, and it took just as long to put it out with armor on as it does without. Many seconds of flailing madly.
Eric_

Post by Eric_ »

This is how it's done. Like I said, if there's no water, don't try the stop drop and roll thing. It's not reliable enough. Hit the armor strip button as soon as you're safe from direct fire. If the fire didn't come off with the armor, try again until it does. Don't pick the armor back up until the fire goes out or you'll go back to square one.
Silentdarkness12

o_o

O_o

O_O

O____________________O

I do believe I am going to have to shout-out you in a future vidya, if that works.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Man this mod has come a long way. It plays a lot more smoothly these days, I like the cat and mouse feel you get with some enemies when you're ducking behind cover and dodging while trying to get shots off. My only real gripe is the weapon sounds, but the addon mod still works that makes them a bit beefier sounding rather than realistic. They sound more real by default, but I was never really a fan of ARMA styled real sounds.
DavidWolfe

Post by DavidWolfe »

Eric_ wrote:if there's no water...
In none of my playthroughs have liquids ever had any effects on being on fire.
Eric_ wrote:Don't try the stop drop and roll thing.
Crouch, hold shift, wag your mouse left and right like a mad man.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor [Release version 3.2.5.2]

Post by Matt »

Liquids have always made a huge difference to putting out fires for me.

DW, Eric is a longtime player and knows how the "fire dance" works. He's just recommending the strip instead as being more efficient. (I think it's a little too efficient but it does make sense)

Anyway, seeing I've got a few major overhauls lined up but not started, while I've just fixed a bunch of game-breaking crap, here's a NEW UPDATE!

Changes:
  • Fixes:
    • Hunter semiauto should be far more frequently failing to chamber due to randomly faulty ammo. Note that you can still no longer jam the Hunter by mashing the fire button - it didn't really make sense that it should.
    • Spider mastermind was not being replaced.
    • Missing some A_NoBlocking calls.
    • Player no longer stunned by falling if otherwise immune to damage.
    • Kill, telefrag, etc. now override god mode.
    • ZDoom/Hexen/Strife-style falling damage is now completely ignored, instead of stacking with HD falling damage. (because that was a lot of damage.)
    • Repaired broken backpack menu.
    • Restored player +telestomp in postbeginplay.
    * New features:
    • Proper DoomEdNum definitions in MAPINFO. Note that some values have changed, in particular the enemy marines.
    • "Smart" muzzle collision added. Now if your weapon is totally blocked, you just lower it, instead of the old erection-caught-in-zipper effect. Have fun!
    • Guns can now be braced against walls using the weapon collision.
  • Scriptified:
    • NullWeapon. Attempting to drop it now drops whatever weapon it was you were lowering.
  • Spiritual armour is now extremely effective at saving your life.
  • Cyberdemon shield ball and BFG now associated with teleportation magic as they should be.
  • Rocket hitbox smaller.
  • Added a CheckMove to the resize randomizer to see if it might prevent things from getting stuck in the geometry later.
  • Boss brain hack death no longer instant.
DavidWolfe

Post by DavidWolfe »

-Ghost- wrote:Man this mod has come a long way. It plays a lot more smoothly these days, I like the cat and mouse feel you get with some enemies when you're ducking behind cover and dodging while trying to get shots off. My only real gripe is the weapon sounds, but the addon mod still works that makes them a bit beefier sounding rather than realistic. They sound more real by default, but I was never really a fan of ARMA styled real sounds.
Have some probably copyrighted totally ripped sounds and shit.
Matt wrote: [*]"Smart" muzzle collision added. Now if your weapon is totally blocked, you just lower it, instead of the old erection-caught-in-zipper effect. Have fun!

Hurray! No more spinning barfy times!
Serathis

Post by Serathis »

Oh god do I have to restart my Starter Pack run? Guess its time to use that custom loadout.
Silentdarkness12

1. GZDoom Builder, to my knowledge, is incapable of picking up on your MAPINFO because the file structure for Hideous Destructor is a folder inside a PK3, and not just a plain PK3.

2. YOU DIDN'T CATEGORIZE OR TITLE THE THINGS. Boooo hiss REEEEEE.
DavidWolfe

Post by DavidWolfe »

Does the enemy have some sort of suppression effect? I noticed if I shoot near or on enemies they'll miss more frequently. If this is true, that is absolutely amazing and should probably be added to the feature list.
Silentdarkness12

Also you didn't ID a fair number of items. Debris items and dud rocquettes, more notably. Feeling rather disappoint.

Also also, after fixing up your thing a bit, more errors crawled out of the woodworks.
Spoiler:
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Bullet puffs occasionally cause monsters to run away from them. (Grenades always will, as long as the monster sees it drop to the ground)

The current doomednum list is already unmanageably long for me at this point. Is there any limit to how high these numbers can go? I'm always afraid of running into a cap or a commonly-used range, but if I can add a longer arbitrary jumble of digits as a prefix that could help a lot.

I'd say the detection failure is a GZDB bug not HD. It seems like it's just not even reading the Decorate include references before checking doomdefs.
Silentdarkness12

Matt wrote:Bullet puffs occasionally cause monsters to run away from them. (Grenades always will, as long as the monster sees it drop to the ground)

The current doomednum list is already unmanageably long for me at this point. Is there any limit to how high these numbers can go? I'm always afraid of running into a cap or a commonly-used range, but if I can add a longer arbitrary jumble of digits as a prefix that could help a lot.

I'd say the detection failure is a GZDB bug not HD. It seems like it's just not even reading the Decorate include references before checking doomdefs.
Anything in the 6000 range is fair game, from what I see. There is a list of default DoomEdNums on the wiki, if that's what you're worried about. Highest Number is 32767.
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Hi there guys, major Hideous fan, as I enjoy watching survival videos on youtube and watching SilentDarkness and company go ham against the opposition. Just a quick Q/A for the homies who can't run GZDoom and use QZDoom to run this mod. Which version of HD would be best to run with QZDoom? The latest? I'll try and update my QZDoom to a version that implements zScript but so far I am unable to play. My integrated flaptop cant run the latest GZDoom though QZDoom works superbly well as a legacy continuation of ZDoom.
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by phantombeta »

RUNSABER wrote:My integrated flaptop cant run the latest GZDoom though QZDoom works superbly well as a legacy continuation of ZDoom.
GZDoom still has the software renderer, and has both the truecolor software renderer and the poly renderer. QZDoom is mostly for experimental features that aren't ready for GZDoom yet, so there's not much reason to use it instead of GZDoom other than for those experimental features.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”