Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Silentdarkness12

Re: Hideous Destructor [Release version 3.3.2.1]

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

What's weird about this is how it doesn't focus fire on it. It pans, fires one shot into the cacodemon, and ONLY ONE, then sweeps by. Then it comes back, fires only one shot into the cacodemon, sweeps by again.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

HERPs randomly target corpses. It might be that the caco corpse is taking up so much of its detection field that it always eventually pings a positive. If that's the case it should happen with mancubi as well, though.
Silentdarkness12

Perhaps, but it's far, far more likely to happen with cacos than mancs, due to cacos being far more quick, and ambush-prone.
BonusChild

Post by BonusChild »

So I'm gunna have to ask something, sometimes when barrels or grenade launcher grenades explode, or very frequently when a mancubus projectile hits something, I get locked in the console screen and I get an error that says something along the lines of "tried to do heat effect, tried to devide by 0". I've googled it but it seems like I'm the only one with this problem :S
Yes I'm using the version of gzdoom instructed to.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Are you using the 3.3.2.1 release or the latest git? I have a vague recollection of fixing a divide by zero error (and specifically so wrt heat) sometime this past couple weeks.
Fort of Hard Knox

Post by Fort of Hard Knox »

I have to say that the newest git feels like all of the changes recently have gotten onto a good track, with shotguns coming back in line to their old damage rounding out the 'everything is more lethal' goal.

The ZM feels wonderful and the new burst usability means that I'm much more willing to risk a jam to get the better effects. Shotguns feel great again. Rocket launcher firing computer updates make the weapon much more finicky and powerful at the same time, while the new TB feels amazing and still dangerous. All the fire changes mean that this new firepower is balanced by more fire powers on their end.

I'm happy, except that potions seem to not nearly heal enough anymore. Unless they have another use now.....
Matt

Post by Matt »

They just heal much, much more slowly now. And occasionally dump power out into other things which usually ends in a net benefit for the player. EDIT: yikes, gotta unnerf that a bit

There's still not much point in not drinking a potion immediately, which I may reconsider before the next release. No, it is definitely going to keep longer while it's in the bottle.
BonusChild

Post by BonusChild »

Matt wrote:Are you using the 3.3.2.1 release or the latest git? I have a vague recollection of fixing a divide by zero error (and specifically so wrt heat) sometime this past couple weeks.
Oh man I feel like such a dope head. I had the older version and didn't notice that it was updated. Thanks though!
Silentdarkness12

Stealth variants of monsters can't be chainsawed.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:Stealth variants of monsters can't be chainsawed.
Do you mean corpses? They're not replaced at all in HD so they're just "vanilla" stealth monsters with no shootable corpses. I'll think about making something less annoying to replace them with.
Silentdarkness12

The annoying way would be to give them the Ninja Pirate's invisibility. Perhaps it could be where they are only visible when standing still? Or maybe just replace all ZDoom Stealth Monsters with this shifty shadow demon? Or a ghost?

Also, i've been playing around with new HD a bit, and I have to say that i'm a bit confus as to what the difference is between One Man Army Encumbrance is, and regular encumbrance?
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Regular encumbrance makes you deal with the full weight of your equipment, so if you have three guns and full ammo and a bunch of gear you're not going to be able to sprint, and you'll get tired quicker.

One Man Army adjusts the weight calculation to only consider your general gear + the current gun you're holding + its ammo. This lets you carry multiple guns without penalty, which is needed a lot in Doom.

8-)
Matt

Post by Matt »

The main problem with One Man Army in my view right now is that since the Liberator uses so many different ammo types if you IDFA you won't be able to move until you take the additional step of ditching your backpack. Not sure how to deal with that so I'm leaving it as is for now.

I am definitely not going to make all the stealth monsters like the ninja pirate. I've got a very hastily written substitute ready for debugging and committing tonight that should actually be a lot easier to deal with than what one would expect from the HD equivalent of a stealth variant, but only after you survive the initial attack.
Silentdarkness12

Personally, i'd much rather that the fixed "One Man Army" mode be replaced in the name of maximum customization, and have individual sliders to scale up and down the encumbrance setting of various equipment, in a float based manner, of the categories of weapons, small ammos, explosives, batteries, medical supplies, artifacts(blursphere, summon talisman), and equipment(Rad Suit, Armors, HERP/DERP, IED Kits, so on and so forth).

At most, maybe individual sliders for each weapon.
Matt

Post by Matt »

oh fuck that. It would be an exponential increase in code to maintain.

It would also defeat the entire purpose of the encumbrance system.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”