Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Abba Zabba

Re: Hideous Destructor [Release version 3.3.2.1]

Post by Abba Zabba »

It's more than likely fine (this mod and it's unique quirky mechanics always throwing me for a loop, especially recently), but I was expecting a ton of wounds from balefire but it would up being not too bad IIRC. Maybe it was a putto, that balefire projectile isn't as bad as a baron or knight, right?

Wrapping up with a question: does standing still while crouched and braced help recover stamina quicker? I imagine it being akin to your character sitting down and recooping for a moment, as your view/aim even while in critical health values is nice and manageable. Just want to know if it is indeed a bit faster or if that's just a placebo effect I'm thinking.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor [Release version 3.3.2.1]

Post by Matt »

Doing stuff increases fatigue and raises blood pressure, so I think staying still would help, but bracing should make no difference.

Those monsters actually all use the same main projectile. I might increase damage of one kind or another.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor [Release version 3.3.2.2]

Post by Matt »

NEW UPDATE!

Changes:
Spoiler:
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Does this update make the shotguns a little stronger now, against imps? Got the master branch a half hour ago and mage imps would stubbornly survive a single Slayer shot at point blank range. I'm fine with cacos and such being more armored against it with their thick hide, even if they heal a bit too quickly, but the imp health thing was killing me.
Matt

Post by Matt »

I really have no idea why imps are so extremely magically resistant to buckshot... shotguns are doing like 200+ damage to zombies now and 70-90 to imps
TheNightATK300

Post by TheNightATK300 »

So, any tactics to defeat the Cyberdemon, only using a non-BFG weapon?
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

...Pray you have cover?
Bigger C

Post by Bigger C »

T-Buster tooltip says that altfire is rangefinder when what it does is toggle firemode.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Fixed.

And to answer ATK's question, said TB's scatter attack eats both shields and ammo like popcorn cotton candy.
TheNightATK300

Post by TheNightATK300 »

Scatter attack? As in their main attack or their secondary?
Serathis

Post by Serathis »

Would it be possible to add an indicator for friendly demons and zombies?
Matt

Post by Matt »

Nope, the awkwardness and ambiguity are part of the game! :V

(just like real life)
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

....I feel like there should be some sort of identifier, too. Idk. Yes, yes, I get the 'irl awkwardness and ambiguity' thing. But maybe at least some sort of subtle thing, like 1% different sprite. Such as color-swapped eyes, or something.
Tranthula

Post by Tranthula »

I'm diggin' the braced pivot movement, makes rounding corners in a ready position so easy. Encountered a crash with Friendly-Vile resing monsters (multiple times). And are ammo boxes filled with multiple traps? I've disarmed a few boxes at least 3 times with no payout.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Crash to desktop or VM (game ends but you're still in the GZDoom console) crash?

EDIT: And what monster corpses were nearby?

EDIT: And what exactly do you mean by "no payout"? Does the box not turn upside down, or does it turn rightside up again when you try using it again? Or does it simply trigger a trap even though it was marked as disarmed?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”