Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor [Release version 3.2.5.2]

Post by Matt »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:Anything in the 6000 range is fair game, from what I see. There is a list of default DoomEdNums on the wiki, if that's what you're worried about. Highest Number is 32767.
Thanks. Not too thrilled about the cap but it's higher than I feared it might be.

I'm also concerned about custom actors in the maps. All of HD's current doomednums are in the 23000s range for that reason.

RUNSABER: I would assume that the latest QZDoom should work with the latest HD, but I'll second phantombeta's comment - HD isn't made for QZDoom and doesn't use anything unique to it.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Matt, you can't expect to catch every corner case. If a mapper really needs to, he can just remap the custom actors he's using. Also, Hideous Destructor is large enough that custom actors should likely be built around it, not HD being fiddled to work around some other mod.

Also, honestly there's a LOT of room to work with. 15000-31999 are all open IDs. Just...please, PLEASE give categories and titleage, too. i'll try and pester the GZDB-B dev into fixing the glitch with resources not parsing.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

When you say categories and titles, do you just mean more comments or is there some kind of format for this for use with map editors?
Silentdarkness12

Matt wrote:When you say categories and titles, do you just mean more comments or is there some kind of format for this for use with map editors?
Yeah, comments. Most notably //$Category and //$Title. In the default block.
Matt

Post by Matt »

......default block?
DavidWolfe

Post by DavidWolfe »

Hey Matt, just had another 'brilliant idea'.

How about sometimes when the enemy drops a weapon after XDeath or exceptionally high damage normal death, the weapon and possibly ammunition can be volatile and/or desttroyed?
This to combat some of the lower tier enemies (e.g. chaingunners) to drop less ammo or cause a miniature fragmentation explosion?

I remember ammunition and reliable weaponry was far harder to come by in earlier versions, but now with a backpack storing whatever you want, simply mowing down some lower tier enemies and doing smart scavenging, I feel like a walking dreadnaught before the third map is over.

Perhaps this can be a grimdark only feature?
Silentdarkness12

Matt wrote:......default block?
I thought you knew how to ZScript. The ZScript class's

Code: Select all

default {

} 
?

THAT. The commented tags go in there.
DavidWolfe

Post by DavidWolfe »

VM Execution aborted: Tried to read from address zero.
called from BaleBall.StateFunction. 7 at HD-Master.zip:zscript/hellknight.txt, line 250
Called from Actor.ExplodeMissile [Native]
Called from HDFireball.Tick at HD-Master.zip:zscript/fireball.txt, line 182

So far the only VM crash I had.

Dodged out of the way of a hellknight as he was charging a second shot in an enclosed environment just big enough the fit the guy.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Checking for a corpse flag on an actor destroyed by the preceding DamageMobj. Will fix shortly.

SD: yyyyyyeah no forget it that's way too much work when I can't automate it. In two years people will be spending more time looking for false leads due to inconsistencies between the actor definitions and the mapinfo than we would if we just relied on mapinfo alone to begin with.
Silentdarkness12

Matt wrote:yyyyyyeah no forget it that's way too much work when I can't automate it. In two years people will be spending more time looking for false leads due to inconsistencies between the actor definitions and the mapinfo than we would if we just relied on mapinfo alone to begin with.
It really isn't that much work, in my eyes. Also why would there be inconsistencies between actor definitions and mapinfo?

Also you can't use mapinfo to give thing IDs categories and titles.

I would be more than happy to put them in myself.
Matt

Post by Matt »

I literally have no idea what you're talking about now.

I thought you were talking about comments in the code.

Can you post an example of what you're referring to?
Silentdarkness12

Matt wrote:I literally have no idea what you're talking about now.

I thought you were talking about comments in the code.

Can you post an example of what you're referring to?
You seem to be having some real catatonic brain flatulence.

Code: Select all

class Babuin:HDActor{

(bla bla bla code stuffs)

default{
//$Category "Monsters/HideousDestructor"
//$Title "Babuin"
		monster;
		+cannotpush +pushable
		health 90;radius 16;
		height 44;deathheight 10;
		scale 0.6;
		speed 14;
		mass 70;
		meleerange 40;
		maxtargetrange 128;
		painchance 90; pushfactor 0.2;
		maxstepheight 32;maxdropoffheight 32;
		seesound "demon/sight";painsound "demon/pain";
		deathsound "demon/death";activesound "demon/active";
		obituary "%o was mauled by a babuin.";
		damagefactor "Thermal",0.76;
		damagefactor "SmallArms0",0.9;
	}
everything else}
The MAPINFO Doom Ed Num remains unchanged. The tags in the default block exist purely to give categorization and naming for Doom Builder and it's derivatives.
Matt

Post by Matt »

As I mention roughly every time mapping is brought up in relation to HD, I do not map because in all these 25 years every mapping program has destroyed or coincided with the destruction of my computer after any extensive use. Even now when I make minor changes to the firing range in SLADE my fans have been making ominous noises...

No, I really did not know about editor keys until you finally showed me the example.

With an insulting comment like that I've half a mind just to omit them out of pure spite.
Silentdarkness12

Matt wrote:As I mention roughly every time mapping is brought up in relation to HD, I do not map because in all these 25 years every mapping program has destroyed or coincided with the destruction of my computer after any extensive use. Even now when I make minor changes to the firing range in SLADE my fans have been making ominous noises...

No, I really did not know about editor keys until you finally showed me the example.

With an insulting comment like that I've half a mind just to omit them out of pure spite.
Sorry. It just seemed like such a basic thing. I'm used to people....ugh, no. Stopping.

I will sincerely apologize for getting a bit too sassy. Sorry. My bad. I need to chill down. Honestly, I appreciate changes to the firing range. I appreciate everything. Just would please like some editor keys to make things go a bit smoother.
Matt

Post by Matt »

np, just venting when faced with yet another stark reminder of this two-decade-plus curse...

Will start adding once I get a better idea of what the categories should even be.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”