Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Keldian

Re: Hideous Destructor

Post by Keldian »

1.What is MDK?
2.Will there be a bulk limit?
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

1. MDK is short for "murder death kill" (at least in my experience). It's a console command/cheat in GZDoom which deals one million points of damage to the thing under your crosshairs. Previous to this point, Archviles were immune to it.

2. There already is a soft bulk limit beyond which you cannot sprint. I don't think there's an upper limit on bulk.

8-)
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I'd put a hard limit, but I figure it'd be too much of a mess when something happens outside of your immediate control to give you inventory beyond your limit and you suddenly can't pick things up anymore.

Then again, that's exactly what happens in Pokémon Go and it's not that awful...
Karl5100

Post by Karl5100 »

Is it possible to disable enemies reviving?
UnbornDecay25

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

Karl5100 wrote:Is it possible to disable enemies reviving?
They're reviving due to the toxic waste, either destroy the barrels or gib em when near nukage
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

Karl5100 wrote:Is it possible to disable enemies reviving?
Not natively, but my HD mutator pack Ugly as Sin adds a "frag spawn rate" module that can reduce or disable the floating green shards. Those shards are what revives enemies.
UnbornDecay25 wrote:They're reviving due to the toxic waste, either destroy the barrels or gib em when near nukage
ACKHYUALLY, destroying barrels releases more resurrecting frag shards, so don't do that, lol. Healer imps and other higher-level demons also release shards when they die, and extra shards spawn periodically on Grimdark / Spooky difficulty. Nukage has no effect on the resurrection shards.

The advice about gibbing is right though. Gibbed and crushed enemies are harder (sometimes impossible) to resurrect, so use that chainsaw to pulverize the corpses when you think it might be a problem.

8-)
Karl5100

Post by Karl5100 »

I found a bug with the ZM66 when firing in fully automatic, often times when letting go of LMB it would still continue to fire.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Karl5100 wrote:I found a bug with the ZM66 when firing in fully automatic, often times when letting go of LMB it would still continue to fire.
To get around prior overheating issues with the caseless 4.26mm round, the ZM66 chamber and barrel are lined with a patented heat-sink polymer that contracts when placed under extreme stress and heat, returning to its original form after having a chance to cool down. This reduces friction with subsequent bullets and allows for vastly increased tolerance thresholds that let the ZM66 continue firing where most rifles will have broken down. This temporary warping sacrifices some accuracy and power under sustained fire, but if you're in that spray-and-pray situation to begin with, chances are you won't even notice it. [a handwritten note reads: or the ensuing cookoff.]

I suspect you haven't read the manual?
Karl5100

Post by Karl5100 »

ZikShadow wrote:
Karl5100 wrote:I found a bug with the ZM66 when firing in fully automatic, often times when letting go of LMB it would still continue to fire.
To get around prior overheating issues with the caseless 4.26mm round, the ZM66 chamber and barrel are lined with a patented heat-sink polymer that contracts when placed under extreme stress and heat, returning to its original form after having a chance to cool down. This reduces friction with subsequent bullets and allows for vastly increased tolerance thresholds that let the ZM66 continue firing where most rifles will have broken down. This temporary warping sacrifices some accuracy and power under sustained fire, but if you're in that spray-and-pray situation to begin with, chances are you won't even notice it. [a handwritten note reads: or the ensuing cookoff.]

I suspect you haven't read the manual?
just skimmed it unfortunately ):

Although thank you for replying
Copenhagen_Bram

Post by Copenhagen_Bram »

On this matter, why do a majority of the loose 4.26mm rounds you try to load into a magazine explode?
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

Caseless rounds are basically a bullet wrapped in gunpowder, and forcing those rounds into a magazine (which wasn't designed to be reloaded) causes friction, and if there's too much friction the powder breaks and burns off.

You have to reload those mags slowly. If a round explodes, wait a few seconds before loading another one or you'll be more likely to break it, then more likely to break the next one, etc.

8-)
KuroZeroKai

Post by KuroZeroKai »

[imgur]Hi, im not sure if I missed the options somewhere or maybe something went wrong, is there a way to fix having the weapons inventory hud from popping up when ever I use the "use" button, it seems to be binded with what ever key I use for the "use" button say I switch to "Q" it would also pop up with Q and so forth.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

That's intentional, the [Use] key pulls double-duty for a lot of things, including at-a-glance inventory. If you'd like, you can set a longer delay in the HD Options menu (I believe it's called "Use Key HUD Delay").

8-)
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

(hope I'm not stepping on any toes here, but figured the thread would appreciate the update just as much as Discord :D )

Hideous Destructor v3.6.0.2 released!
Spoiler: changelog
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Just gotta make a note here about the gendered mugshots:

My understanding is that starting with the next GZDoom release, the following outputs of Player.GetGender() will be:
0 he
1 she
2 it they
3 n/a it

The latest HD release has partial support for this new paradigm, and I've (apparently arbitrarily) used the fem mugshot as the default for the nonbinary character, hence why that mugshot will appear if you choose cyborg under the latest GZD release (which is neuter in the latest GZD master).

Unless I'm told there's going to be a major delay in the next GZD release I'm going to leave it as it is - I'm going to be adding a mugshot customizing cvar anyway.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”