Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Somagu

Re: Hideous Destructor [Release version 3.2.4.1]

Post by Somagu »

Matt wrote:Sometimes a shot will randomly bypass all your armour and deal damage as though you had nothing on at all. (Ideally this would be locational but...... yyyyeah let's not even go there lol)
Oh, that wasn't a complaint about the armor being effective, I was just saying you DO get wounds, but I guess it all comes down to how you play and by what rules as to whether your medkits collect dust. Also the map set.
Tranthula

Post by Tranthula »

Kinda off topic questions right quick while I'm thinking about it. Are backpacks suppose to have a chance to drop a 'blood pool'? It popped out a little pool of blood, kinda strange and thought that may not be intentional? And also, I've had multiple occasions where a msg would pop up saying "Replace This HDGrenadeToss". It's not my grenade for sure. . .
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

No they are not. Both that and the message have been fixed.

EDIT: Does anyone else get this crash? If not I'll just chalk it up to my increasingly fucked up bullshit and ask for it to be closed.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

No but currently the Brontornis crashes when I fire it, consistently.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Whoops! Fixed.

Above crash has also been fixed but I'll keep my current target as 3.2.4 so the new static portal range will remain dummied out.

And I think I know why the sound doesn't work properly - it's not really something I can fix with this particular setup, but the best I'd be able to do is move the place of error somewhere a little less obvious, and I do enjoy being able to test distant sounds so easily!
Matt

Post by Matt »

So I was wondering if there was more video "in the wild" showing the new ZM66 sprites in play, and I started googling references to HD from the past month.

This let me see some of the feedback by people who'd only read the PC Gamer article, letting me get a glimpse of how HD must look like from that perspective.

Friggin' yikes. My brain had just filtered out the utter shittiness of that headline earlier.

If Luke had just said "hey I already wrote up a thing about HD, it's too late to change anything, can I just get like a 20-word quote from you" I would have been relatively OK with the article, but that was not what he asked. I don't really blame Luke for this, having heard some horror stories about editors and headline-writers over the years.

So for the record I'm going to post the full answers I had given:
Spoiler:

EDIT: So I saw this thread screenshotted on Tumblr and now I've added Night In The Woods to my personal to-get list. That is why I thought it worthwhile to write all the stuff in the above spoilered email.

EDIT: Hideous Destructor is Doom fanfic
Last edited by Matt on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Nice. Damn PC Gamer for not including half of this, lel. : P
Michael65

Post by Michael65 »

not sure if this has been requested before, but here's a random idea after falling to death in a mandatory pit (also inspired by the episode 2 ending text):
would it be possible in future iterations to have something like a rappelling rope function or item so that we could descend big drops when its required in some mapsets?
Matt

Post by Matt »

not sure if this has been requested before, but here's a random idea
::winces, sucks in air through teeth::
something like a rappelling rope function or item so that we could descend big drops
...I should do that! :O

(I think mumblemumble might've suggested it a couple times in '17 but I was preoccupied with the weapon scriptification then)

Just gotta figure out how to get that rope to look not-entirely-shitty given I can't control other people's particle limit settings...

EDIT: Trying to think through how I'd do this it occurs to me I'll run into the same problems with moving floors, etc. as I did with the grenade tripwires, and that I've learned a lot since then that could potentially help get rid of a lot of horrible kludges I made for that. I may have to work on that for a bit first.
EDIT: Turns out the code I'd need to set this up has very little to do with what I needed to hack my way through the tripwires. For that I am grateful.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

where do you get the release this is just he project content
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

I just had a look at your revisiting of Invis Spheres (after nearly being scared to death by the New Thing) and may I just say that you are an incredibly cruel individual.

Never change.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

i am so bad at GITHUB where do i fid the dang APK file or the gameplay zip file not project zip file
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

INSTALLED latest gzdoom but i get this Script error, "HideousDestructor-master.zip:zscript.txt" line 1:
Version mismatch. 3.2.5 expected but only 3.2.4 supported
Tranthula

Post by Tranthula »

shadstarn wrote:where do you get the release this is just he project content
If you mean by actually downloading the mod:

You go to https://github.com/MatthewTheGlutton/HideousDestructor and click on the button that says 'Clone or Download'.
Download the ZIP folder and drag the whole ZIP folder onto your GZDoom.exe
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

shadstarn wrote:INSTALLED latest gzdoom but i get this Script error, "HideousDestructor-master.zip:zscript.txt" line 1:
Version mismatch. 3.2.5 expected but only 3.2.4 supported
The "development" version of the mod, which what you had downloaded, requires GZDoom 3.2.5.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”