Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor [Release version 3.1.0.667]

Post by Matt »

Those values should definitely not cause any problems.

Which GZDoom version are you using?
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

3.2.3 stable right from the main website.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

That's what I'm using as well.

Gonna have to leave this alone for now since it's obviously working just fine for me and I neither know nor can think of any possible way to reproduce this. :/

EDIT:
HideousDestructor-3.1.0.667
Are you still getting this bug with the latest git commit? The pistol bug suggests you're using the latest commit, but I've seen worse mixups due to assuming...
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

I got the new build after you mentioned fixing a pistol related bug on the previous page.
Matt

Post by Matt »

I'm completely at a loss then. There should be no way that the scope view would be rendered but the crosshair not. The only way it would fail, just looking at the code, would be a hypothetical divide by zero error that never happens because the zoom is never that low.

Gotta file this under "Works For Me".
XASSASSINX

Post by XASSASSINX »

Hey Matt! I'm having a weird bug here, The chain guys are just... Frozen in place. They only do something when i hit them, shoot them or anything like that. Is this a bug that you're trying to fix or just me that's having this?
Matt

Post by Matt »

Latest release or latest git? I think I fixed that a while ago... (I tried summoning a chaingunner at the range and popped in and out of cover to see if he'd get stuck - he stood in place and aimed and fired as soon as I was visible, as intended)
XASSASSINX

Post by XASSASSINX »

Yeah just dowloaded lastest GZDOOM now it's working... Except that now i'm without music! (I had to delete a file to make GZDOOM open, and it does without music)
Matt

Post by Matt »

o_O what did you delete?
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

XASSASSINX wrote:(I had to delete a file to make GZDOOM open, and it does without music)
In GZDoom or hideous destructor?
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

I think he's talking about GZDoom.sf2 and libfluidsynth64.dll in the new stable GZDoom download, I can't actually get them out of the download folder. It throws up an unspecified error when you try.

I already had the bassmidi driver with an SC-55 imitating soundfont so it didn't really bother me since I had something better.
XASSASSINX

Post by XASSASSINX »

Yeah exactly. that weird file "libfluidsynth64.dll" was causing me some problem. so i deleted and that was the problem. This doens't happen in Zandorum by the way. i DO have sound but no music. I will try to see if a music mod works.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

If you don't have a working soundfount, then no music is going to work, I think.

There's a zip file on ModDB somewhere I found and used, that fixed up all the soundfonts so they work.

Ah, here we go. Try unzipping the contents of this into your GZDoom folder, see if things work better now.

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom/addons/ ... and-gzdoom

EDIT: Also, I really wouldn't suggest deleting libfluidsynth.dll or any dlls, really. That'll only break things more. If it really seems like is what makes it work, then going to the bug reports area would be a better idea, and asking around for help.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Is this all happening only when HD is loaded? o_O There should be nothing affecting music in HD at all so that would be very, very odd.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”