Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor

Post by Matt »

Looks like the overlapping A_Overlay calls were interfering with the select state.

Should be fixed now.
Fallingferret

Post by Fallingferret »

Matt wrote:Looks like the overlapping A_Overlay calls were interfering with the select state.

Should be fixed now.
yeah, this is perfectly fine now.

although, now that you've merged the cyborg mugshot. the hd options for pronoun only ever sets the gzdoom gender to "he"
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Is there a way to bring up weapon control help text manually? If not, I'd like to be able to do so.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

"weaptip" or "weaponhelp" in the console

I have no idea why that menu option doesn't work there. Removed since anyone can just go to the player menu proper.
AldenBlueten

Post by AldenBlueten »

Any reason why this is not working at all for me? I'm using the latest GZDoom version and I've been playing doom just fine... But when I attempt to use this it doesn't function at all. No classes. No console commands. No keybinds. Nothing. Just vanilla doom.
Fallingferret

Post by Fallingferret »

AldenBlueten wrote:Any reason why this is not working at all for me? I'm using the latest GZDoom version and I've been playing doom just fine... But when I attempt to use this it doesn't function at all. No classes. No console commands. No keybinds. Nothing. Just vanilla doom.
any more info you can give? both the current release and git load up fine for me
Matt

Post by Matt »

What are the exact steps you're using to try to load this mod?
Scottvrakis

Post by Scottvrakis »

How does one get this mod to play? The only files I can seem to download is the zipped source code, that's it. I can't seem to find anything else in the Github directory.
abbuw

Post by abbuw »

You run the zip file with GZDoom, works the same as any other pk3 or wad.
AldenBlueten

Post by AldenBlueten »

I'm running it with DoomLauncher. And that works great for everything else. But apparently when I try this it just says, "No. Fuck you. Have vanilla instead."
Scottvrakis

Post by Scottvrakis »

The whole folder? Holy shit, that's new to me. Thanks!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

AldenBlueten wrote:I'm running it with DoomLauncher. And that works great for everything else. But apparently when I try this it just says, "No. Fuck you. Have vanilla instead."
Gonna need a lot more info - can you post a console log?
Matt

Post by Matt »

In case it helps minimize the waiting and back-and-forth, this is from the readme at the bottom of the main HD Github page:
To use: Save the entire project zip (using the green "Clone or download" button on the top of the git project page) into your local folder and run it in GZDoom as you would any wad, pk3, etc. (including dragging the zip onto GZDoom.exe).
Once I get home it will read instead:
To use:
1. Click the big green "Clone or download" button.
2. Click "Download ZIP" and save the .ZIP file into a local folder.
3. Locate the resulting .ZIP file.
4. Drag that .ZIP file into GZDoom.exe or select it using the GZDoom command line or your favourite launcher.
Fallingferret

Post by Fallingferret »

AldenBlueten wrote:I'm running it with DoomLauncher. And that works great for everything else. But apparently when I try this it just says, "No. Fuck you. Have vanilla instead."
found it. DoomLauncher doesn't seem to actually handle importing zips properly. repacking the contained files into HideousDestructor.pk3 and then adding that to the loader got it to load in fine though.

extract the folder from the zip, and then use 7zip, or whatever to rearchive it as HideousDestructor.pk3 and then add that into the launcher like ever other mod and you're set. or just use zdl or doomexplorer if you're lazy. E:yeah, cause it can't handle Heart of Demon either, and that come as a normal zip too
Matt

Post by Matt »

Or just rename HideousDestructor.zip to HideousDestructor.pk3, they're literally the same format.

EDIT: Or is it that you can't have the contents inside a folder in the zip?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”