Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Mikro

Re: Hideous Destructor

Post by Mikro »

updated today, having an issue with medpacks not working at all, no staples, no second skin. makes things a little hairy to be honest. not sure if there's any more info i can give you that would be helpful
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

@Mikro: Matt hasn't touched anything related to medikits lately and they're working fine for me as of a few minutes ago. Are you sure you're not playing with HDScav?

---------------------

@Matt: Not sure if this is intentional, but it looks like your recent changes to the bullet code have done something to the damage calculation. Zombies now take between 3-6 center-mass 7mm rounds to die, even with critical hits. 9mm and 4mm are similarly affected, requiring on average 2-4x more rounds than previously. I've only managed to trigger the "headshot" code once so far in like 10 runs, even when aiming specifically for it.

Here's some debugging output from the first three zombies of map01:

Code: Select all

CRIT! ZombieStormtrooper took 31 SmallArms3 damage from Caligari's HDBullet776
CRIT! ZombieStormtrooper took 3 SmallArms3 damage from Caligari's HDBullet776
CRIT! ZombieStormtrooper took 16 SmallArms3 damage from Caligari's HDBullet776
ZombieStormtrooper took 24 SmallArms3 damage from Caligari's HDBullet776
// 4 rounds to kill

ZombieStormtrooper took 28 SmallArms3 damage from Caligari's HDBullet776
ZombieStormtrooper took 6 SmallArms3 damage from Caligari's HDBullet776
CRIT! ZombieStormtrooper took 31 SmallArms3 damage from Caligari's HDBullet776
ZombieStormtrooper took 9 SmallArms3 damage from Caligari's HDBullet776
// 4 rounds to kill

CRIT! ZombieStormtrooper took 21 SmallArms3 damage from Caligari's HDBullet776
CRIT! ZombieStormtrooper took 8 SmallArms3 damage from Caligari's HDBullet776
ZombieStormtrooper took 16 SmallArms3 damage from Caligari's HDBullet776
ZombieStormtrooper took 2 SmallArms3 damage from Caligari's HDBullet776
ZombieStormtrooper took 7 SmallArms3 damage from Caligari's HDBullet776
ZombieStormtrooper took 30 SmallArms3 damage from Caligari's HDBullet776
// 6 rounds to kill
EDIT: 9f00d53 seems to have fixed it ;)

8-)
Fallingferret

Post by Fallingferret »

ladders get pulled down when you both jump and crouch jump in the latest master. i don't know why, since a quick glance looks like you haven't touched them recently. not a real issue, but it's now inconsistent with the info message you get when mounting them
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Doesn't get pulled down with jump for me. The crouch-jump thing checks your height against your default height for crouching, so toggle-crouch and possibly lack of room might trigger a ladder removal.

On top of that bracketing bug, I've increased zombie hitpoints today for reasons.
Mikro

Post by Mikro »

yeah, ignore me, I'm an idiot. after re-reading the instructions for the 400th time, I remembered I've been trying to staple myself through kevlar. *facepalm*
Fallingferret

Post by Fallingferret »

well now it doesn't pull it down anymore for me either, so i guess i'm just crazy. sorry about that
Mikro

Post by Mikro »

made a video, love this mod dude.

https://youtu.be/MLqxg1cWiYQ

edit: apparently BBcode aint workin?
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

It's really weird watching HD with brutal weapons and sound effects. I didn't notice any glitches; did you mix-and-match that stuff yourself?

8-)
Mikro

Post by Mikro »

not really?

I've some Doom HDTP wads, different zombie noises (not sure where i got that, but i like it more than the default groans), a couple of HD wads i got in the main thread here and the "hellonearthstarterpack.wad" from I think it was v19 of brutal, I use ZDL as a mod manager and everything just kinda works.

fun fact, you can load HD into hexen and heretic with mixed results xD
Leon_Portier

Post by Leon_Portier »

Here is the HD manual PDF-ised with Latex I put together today. I added a hyperlinked list of contents which should make things easier to find and formats to be better on the eye.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8iaoxitp97aw0 ... d.pdf?dl=0
(Note: the hyperlinked list of contents does not work in the dropbox pdf viewer.)
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Nice!

(Angle brackets and the parenthetical (default values) next to the cvars might need some tweaking)
Leon_Portier

Post by Leon_Portier »

Matt wrote:Nice!

(Angle brackets and the parenthetical (default values) next to the cvars might need some tweaking)
Ah, I must have overlooked them. LaTeX needs a little nudging with theese, its fixed now though!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8iaoxitp97aw0 ... d.pdf?dl=0
Fallingferret

Post by Fallingferret »

https://imgur.com/a/JgcPMmq
latest master seems to have a bit of a, uh, drift to some of the weaponry at the start of every level outside of the first. seems to affect just the hunter, zm66, rocket launcher, and liberator. re-readying the weapon via tapping sprint or switching out and then back fixes it until you reload the autosave or transition to the next level
Matt

Post by Matt »

So to restate that, it gets stuck like that if you change levels while it's off centre?
Fallingferret

Post by Fallingferret »

no. it's every time you have one of the affected weapons readied when you end the level. even if you pause for a moment to let it recenter before hitting the switch.

it's like it's unlatched at the start of the next level. it just drifts left or right while sinking below the screen when you look around. you can't fire, switch fire modes, or reload until you manually re-ready the weapon.

e: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/299789277 / 3.5.0 stable, windows

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”