Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Abba Zabba

Re: Hideous Destructor [Release version 3.3.2.3.1]

Post by Abba Zabba »

Bugs:
Spoiler:
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Primary buildup tends to get lost when against an actor.

Diagnotic was an intentional addition in case anyone wanted to look at it after the message disappeared. Ugly, I know, I might revisit this.

I just tried killing a hellknight with the TB primary and igniting its corpse until the big yellow flames started showing up, then set i_timescale to 20 and waited. Clock said something under 5 minutes by the time the flames stopped.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

I mentioned the corpse burning because it seemed like it wasn't going out; a very mild burn that would seemingly go out for a second, then kick back in again with a small burst of little ball flames for a moment. Like it kept adding a mild burning state each time it went out. I think I still have the save. I'll see if it goes out later.

New pickup messages for diagnostic are much better.

Could crouch armor stripping set the armor just in front of you, in arm's reach? Or make the strip command function more like a throw like frags, so you could remove it while looking down to more or less place it. I find many times were there isn't a wall or obstacle to throw my armor against, and having the strip command throw armor out pretty far makes another potentially lethal task.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I'll try to find a generic solution to make all drops stop a little closer to the dropper - HD gets rid of both reasons why they land so far away in the first place. ::looks at code, nopes:: I'll do the armour for now!
Matt

Re: Hideous Destructor [Release version 3.3.2.4]

Post by Matt »

One more NEW UPDATE! to deal with the vileness and some really buggy bullets before I work on this new thing that's gonna break a lot of shit before it gets better.
  • Fixed:
    • Yet more checks when shooting a baron mid-failed-raise.
    • Actor bullet resistance calculation came up with unusably low numbers.
    • Playercorpse was missing corpse-gib state.
    • Old chaingunguy noblockdrop was no longer working.
    • Lowered chaingunguy firing point to match the sprite.
    • Stripping armour no longer sends it flying far away.
    • Added an additional owner check in the heat actor because some mods get weird about that.
  • Added:
    • Separate log message for the medikit diagnostic.
  • Changed:
    • Created a new A_WeaponMessage function to handle the various "fuze is lit!", "medikit auto-diagnostic", etc. messages. No more A_Print("") spam!
    • Hostile archvile no longer noclips.
    • Archviles no longer drop megaspheres, and are much more sensitive to attacks.
    • Bullet damage collector time window reduced. ZM66 salvo and Vulcanette high-rate no longer reliably take advantage of it.
dawnbreez

Post by dawnbreez »

What's this "Project: Mag" that I'm seeing in the github release notes? Are we getting even MORE mag management? :D
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Really liking the new look to the mag manager; looks cleaner and less cramped. Helps too that the menu has a bit of style to it like the med stapler menu or the bandage menu.

The brighter red color for the seal on the 4.26mm mags makes them easier to see in darker maps, kind of handy. One tidbit though, (you probably already know this, but just in case, I'd figure I'd mention it) the random spawners for map placed items are still the old ones (at least for 15-round 9mm mags, 30-round 9mm mags, and 4.26mm mags, can't say for 7mm stuff.)
Matt

Post by Matt »

AZ: Yeah, I'll replace the map spawns once I get the more fundamental stuff working - that (and I think some of the HUD is broken, and backpacks don't do anything with the new mags at all) is why I wanted to put up that new release first, since the next few days of commits will be unplayable until I get this stuff worked out.

DB: Individual mags will be tracked after this change is implemented. You will be able to carry empty mags and load them with spares, and if you don't have any mags at all and only spare rounds you will be able to load them directly into the pistol, SMG and Liberator chambers for single shots.

Telling UAC Volt to fuck itself will also require an additional button press.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

YES

I remember suggesting this feature a while back! That'll be pretty good for the tacticool stuff.
Ayylien

Post by Ayylien »

got a hankering to play this mod again, installed the newest version and loaded up DUMP 3 with it and found an issue: ammo placed on the map or taken off dead bodies seems to be counted in my expanded hud but not during normal gameplay, so i can't load any new ammunition. i'm not sure whether this is a problem with the map pack or the mod itself, but i found it rather odd

Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Are you using the master branch? Matt is currently revamping weapon magazines, and the map placed pickups are still the old versions. You should get the current stable branch for normal play, which at the moment is version 3.3.2.4.

Bug: used/seal-broken mags, when unloaded from the vulcanette, all seem to have an ammo value of 100 loose 4mm or so, and not the actual amount in the mag. ZM66 unloads used mags with correct amounts, though. Also just noticed the 'block' of loose 4mm. Kinda neat.
Ayylien

Post by Ayylien »

ah, that was the issue. didn't even realise i could choose between branches, thanks a bunch
Matt

Post by Matt »

AZ: The 100 thing is to mark them internally as dirty. Where are you seeing this ingame?
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

During normal play. All I did was unload some used 4mm mags I had inserted into a vulcanette; all came out as used mags (obviously) but with hard set values of 100 and not the actual amounts remaining within the magazines.
Matt

Re: Hideous Destructor [check git for latest version]

Post by Matt »

How could you see the number though? Where exactly was it being shown? I just can't replicate this at all...

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”