Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Hideous Destructor [now with new preview pic!]

Post by Caligari87 »

Random question: Is it possible to play on Grimdark difficulty with baby-level spawn filter? I feel like that would be a cool survival-horror type experience combined with DarkDoom, et al.

8-)
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

On the inverse, what about HOMELY ARMOR MODE, with baby spawns? I would love to try say, speed of doom, without getting absolutely shat on. Would exponentially widen the maps which are HD compatable.

Oh also, the optimizations you did are absolutely jawdropping.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I misremembered exactly what words went where in your post, so the reduced damage/no bleeding combo cvar is now called hd_babymode. (This stacks with Grimdark damage).

EDIT: a moment of silence for the passing of the single most edgelord name i'd ever given anything in this mod. ::r.i.p. and :cry: ::

EDIT2: Separated out low damage and no bleeding, but included a handy toggle to treat them both as one unit. CVars are hd_nobleed and hd_lowdamage, and hd_babymode is a command that turns them both on or both off.
Fort of Hard Knox

Post by Fort of Hard Knox »

That's awesome. Maybe now I can keep people around long enough to get good at the game.

I've wondered about a feature like this for quite some time: a way to possibly take a Grimdark player and slowly change them into the Doomguy over the course of a playthrough, using CVAR's or other mumbo jumbo
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Just a quick aside Vae, the old soundpack download (hd20150504snd.pk7) in your OP is still on the Shaw domain. Could you put that on a new host?

8-)
Matt

Post by Matt »

Oh yes, May 4 is coming up again isn't it.

EDIT: Is anyone else getting weird memory-related error messages and shit when they quit? I've made like 3 bug reports over the past couple months... last time it seemed to be related to a problem with the GCC compiler but I've managed to get it again with Clang.

EDIT: ...and then I try compiling debug, can't replicate the problem, then switch back to release and still can't replicate it o_O

EDIT: In totally unrelated news, reading the comments on this I feel like I should expand on the ZM66 setting fluff, but nothing I can possibly make up at this point could be an appropriately exaggerated absurdity.
lokiprinciple

Post by lokiprinciple »

Im running GZDoom 2.4.0 and when i try and run the mod, i keep getting this error.

Script error, "HideousDestructor-master.zip:zscript.txt" line 1:
Version mismatch. 2.5.0 expected but only 2.4.0 supported

Help?
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

My guess is that you either need to find a 2.5.0 GZDoom, or you need to go with an earlier build of HD.
Doominer441

Post by Doominer441 »

Can anyone give me a tip on how to pick up loose ammunition? I must've pressed the wrong key, cause my SMG just spat out a ton of ammunition, and now I can't pick it back up. I've tried crouching, I've tried switching to my fists, I've tried pretty much everything.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Spam use to pick up loose ammo. Don't hold, just rapid clicking. If you can't pick it up, it's because your inventory is full with loose ammo.
Doominer441

Post by Doominer441 »

Alright, I guess I was carrying all the ammo I could, because I already tried spamming the pick up key to no avail.
Fort of Hard Knox

Post by Fort of Hard Knox »

You either hit unload with a full ammo pool of 9mm, or you hit 'convert magazine' one too many times and achieved the same result. And if it's a bunch of individual rounds on the ground you can pick them all up by holding use. It's full magazines you have to interact with individually.
Doominer441

Post by Doominer441 »

If the rounds fall to close to a wall, will that make it harder to pick them up?
Matt

Post by Matt »

Right, forgot about the release. :oops:
Latest commit that still works, or at least loads, with 2.4.0 is here. (Theoretically you can still just change the zscript.txt to say 2.4 instead of 2.5 but no guarantee that'll still work in upcoming builds)

Re: rounds falling too close to wall: depends entirely on the circumstances. I'm thinking it might be a thing I could do, allowing both pickup methods for smaller objects.

I'll try to make the new pickup system a bit less finicky - it's erring in favour of not picking up where it used to err in favour of picking up before.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”