Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Jayrassic Park

Re: Hideous Destructor

Post by Jayrassic Park »

I’d be down for taking a page from MetaDoom and making the gender-neutral/NB face sprite someone with a balaclava or ballistic mask. ...or a robot.
Lucidnonsense

Post by Lucidnonsense »

Yeah something like that sounds like a good way to go about things, Balaclava for NB, Robot for object.
DeWolf

Post by DeWolf »

I noticed that there is a new "attempt to kick down door" action. What or I guess rather where is it useful?
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Very, very thin doors.

It's not very useful at all and may go the way of using the chainsaw as a blunt instrument.

EDIT: though it did only take me seven kicks in god mode to take down the red door in the range just now...
will183
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win-10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by will183 »

Matt wrote:Very, very thin doors.

It's not very useful at all and may go the way of using the chainsaw as a blunt instrument.

EDIT: though it did only take me seven kicks in god mode to take down the red door in the range just now...
huh i don't have that keybind action, how do i pull it off?

EDIT: also how am do i manually reload 7.62?

Another EDIT: alright ignore those questions i figured both of them out.
DeWolf

Post by DeWolf »

Matt wrote:Very, very thin doors.

I was also able to kick down the red door/gate? to the switch in the sewers level in base doom 2. Technically I knocked it down several times as it usually only knocked out a little bit in the bottom requiring further breaking.
Nottheman686

Post by Nottheman686 »

How do you play this? Do you need a compiler or something? I heard someone say you do but i dont know where to get one. :(
Also i keep getting the error Script error, or what ever you call it.

"hd.pk7:actors/dcrocket.txt" line 637:
Unexpected ';' in definition of 'HEATRocquette'
Last edited by Nottheman686 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

You just download the .zip and drag it onto GZDoom. Instructions on this webpage.

8-)
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I have half a mind to post to Feature Suggestions: "Formally deprecate, abolish and create startup warning exit for '.pk3' extension."

They're all just zip files.
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Good luck with that, that's the majority of ZDoom mods that would magically start spitting startup warnings for no good reason.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Matt wrote:I have half a mind to post to Feature Suggestions: "Formally deprecate, abolish and create startup warning exit for '.pk3' extension."

They're all just zip files.
Keeping them named "zip" just makes it so most people will double-click on them and open them as if they're things that need extracting, thanks to every single modern OS handling them as such. A different file extension helps to disambiguate between "this needs extracting" and "this needs to be opened as is."
DeWolf

Post by DeWolf »

What are the specifics for kicking down a door? Because I don't think thickness is the only factor as I kicked down something that was about chest high and much thicker that any standard door by accident.
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

The "door busting" calculation uses a fair bit of guesswork and randomization to determine the size of the sector you're trying to break. Sometimes it hits weird cases where a tiny little sliver of sector is indestructible, or a corner-piece of a huge sector is a critical weakpoint.

8-)
Matt

Post by Matt »

3.7.1.0 is out!

Major new features:
  • Leaning
  • Realtime DERP remote control with camera
  • Chainsaw can be applied effectively to map geometry
  • Loadout configurator can accept arrow keys, Home, End, and limited cut/copy/paste
Matt

Post by Matt »

3.7.2a (which would have been 3.7.2.0 in the old naming system) released!

Highlights:
  • Fixed desync on leaning.
  • More sophisticated *ERP interface.
  • Increased Freedoom compatibility.
  • Restatement of reduced tolerance for "politics shouldn't be in games" idiocy, which should have been obvious to anyone who has read the manual.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”