Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
sanyarkin

Re: Hideous Destructor [check git for latest version]

Post by sanyarkin »

By "obscured" I mean that it gets black part by part starting from covering right side to leaving only bottow left corner visible after which I quit the game
It affects all weapons with scope like the battle rifle
I do not have any other mods loaded
gzdoom 3.4.0
It happens after about 20-40 minutes after the game was started.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor [check git for latest version]

Post by Matt »

Can't replicate. :/

Which map?

Also what kind of video card are you using?
sanyarkin

Re: Hideous Destructor

Post by sanyarkin »

Obscured looks like this

Happened on MAP08 MAP06 MAP09 and MAP02 of DOOM2
My video card is GTX 590.
Last time happened after about 120 minutes of playing.
Basically I'm carefully and slowly going through the game and it is often after loading a save or taking fall damage. Sometimes it happens by switching to the gun other times it is after running/jumping.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I'm getting this every time I start Map08 on DUMP2.

No idea what's going on.

EDIT: Does not happen to me with GZDoom 3.3.2 with my working copy. Seems like something broke with GZDoom 3.4.
EDIT: In particular, Map08 loads a cameratexture in ACS at start, which seems to break whichever cameratexture is used for whatever weapon the player starts with when entering that map.

Trying to isolate Map08 I neglected to copy the ANIMDEFs, which broke the cameratexture on that map but prevented the scopecamera from getting glitched.

I don't see why there should be a conflict here, as the names of the two cameratextures are totally different (and that tiny corner piece that remains visible appears to work fine).

EDIT: One more point: this only happens to the camera texture, if any, that is used by the weapon that the player starts with. Starting with any of the rifles means all the rifles are affected by the TB and Brontornis are not, while starting with the Brontornis means it is affected but neither the rifles nor the TB are. I have yet to try this with the blursphere.

EDIT: here's the GZDoom bug report
Last edited by Matt on Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RightInfinity

Post by RightInfinity »

Just reposting this report here.

It appears that doomguy can attempt to vault into ceilings, making him stick to them.

Matt

Post by Matt »

That was a surprisingly difficult logic puzzle for me. Fixed.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

how is a bug like that not a feature
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

If anyone's been following the Discord server, I've been working on a little mutator mod to add a hunger mechanic to Hideous Destructor. Just released HD-Scavenger v0.1.0, thread here with download.

8-)
Serathis

Post by Serathis »

Why do you hate us so much?
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

It's actually a product of my deep, abiding self-loathing and need for punishment. I'm just generously providing it for everyone else since the work is done and why waste a good thing.

8-)
whateve

Post by whateve »

I have a particularly troublesome bug here: occasionally, when killing a former human, the game locks up. I've tried it with the latest release package (3.3.2.5) and the more recent HD package from github (June 24th), with a few different versions of gzdoom. Only once was I able to get some kind of error message;
https://imgur.com/a/whHDPhz
The crazy thing is: it's only sometimes - but it only happens immediately after killing former humans. I wish there was a way to get it to happen consistently ; I imagine you'll need more info or something to go on so suggestions are welcome.
Last edited by whateve on Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt

Post by Matt »

OS, and 32- or 64-bit?

The only way I could see that even possibly happening is if the weapon drop code was trying to work with garbage from an uninitialized pointer. I've set them all to start with null.
whateve

Post by whateve »

Windows 7 Profession, 64 bit - and both 32 bit and 64 bit builds for gzdoom. The image link is from a 64 bit build.

EDIT: I put a good solid 2 hours with the june 25th latest from github: absolutely 0 problems or crashes. If the problem wasn't possibly on my end, then I'd say you fixed it. In either case: thank you.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Sweet!

Hopefully I didn't reintroduce whatever it was with this NEW UDPATE.

(It works for GZDoom 3.4.1 and the latest GZDoom git, the only problem I'm aware of is the cameratexture bug.)
dawnbreez

Post by dawnbreez »

I figured out that tapping crouch gives you the speed boost from sliding but puts you back into a running state right away, so you don't lose speed at the end. Works best sideways, though I bet doing it forward gives you the perfect set up for an uppercut. Still trying to come up with a good weird-gamer-technique name for it. Slide dashing? Crouch weaving?

EDIT: This really does work well for uppercuts. Doing a forward leap is an easier way to add damage to punches, but it ups your heart rate a lot more than crouch-sliding, and the crouch-slide adds the downward tilt to set up for the uppercut. Working out the distance is interesting.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”