Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Tranthula

Re: Hideous Destructor [Release version 3.3.2.2]

Post by Tranthula »

Not really either, the whole engine freezes and windows asks to end GZ.

1st time for Vile rez, it was an imp. Other time was a couple of zombieman/shottys.
EDIT: Summoned a Friend-Vile to roam E1M5, didn't crash for a good bit but did after a bit.

Ammo box turns upside-down, but when I goto open it, it turns right-side up again and I'd have to disarm it again.

Another thing, SMG spawns with a 4.26 mag from what I've seen.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I think I've addressed all of them, or in the case of the archvile at least overhauled enough of it that it shouldn't be the same problems causing any further crash.
Tranthula

Post by Tranthula »

Got another.

The 'Power coming out of you' thing has usually crashed my game when it happens. A CTD. I don't really know how or what triggers the crash itself, it just seems random.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Latest git? Haven't seen that at all, ever.
dawnbreez

Post by dawnbreez »

Well, this is most unusual.
Spoiler:
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Had a soft crash with a rigged ammo box; it tried to spawn a yokai, but just before that, it killed me with a general instant explosion (those explosions are hit and miss, it's bizarre) and I heard the death scream right before the soft crash, kind of a good unintentional jump scare. What's the way to make the engine print out the console in a .txt? Does crashout do it?
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Had a soft crash with a rigged ammo box; it tried to spawn a yokai, but just before that, it killed me with a general instant explosion (those explosions are hit and miss, it's bizarre) and I heard the death scream right before the soft crash, kind of a good unintentional jump scare. What's the way to make the engine print out the console in a .txt? Does crashout do it?

Edit: I'm testing some more and unless these two yokai came from over the wall of this map (doubtful, they were bunched together) then the yokai disarm fail seems to work, not sure what happened. Of the 30 or so boxes I brute forced/shot open, the crash didn't happen. Was the yokai spawner landing inside of the player character? Doubt that the player death a tic or so before the crash happened made any difference, but I don't know.

Edit 2: what in the actual hell are these small light gray particles I see that spawn along the ground in a small tight grouping of 10 or so? I can't make sense of it, and I see it here or there in different scenarios. It's not related to regen blues, is it? Also:
Spoiler: I feel fine
Matt

Post by Matt »

I'm guessing the crash is related to one of those random times when something loses its target when it's not supposed to. I've added another check to the yokai's chase state.

The grey particles I think you're talking about are the trails from burning debris that sometimes just spawns with zero or less Z velocity.
Tranthula

Post by Tranthula »

Just tried latest, and didn't get anything crash related (soulsphere or otherwise).

Pesky ammo boxes seem to not turn upside down. Been trying to disarm a good 3 boxes about 50 times each and nothin'
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Matt wrote:The grey particles I think you're talking about are the trails from burning debris that sometimes just spawns with zero or less Z velocity.
Is that really the case, though? In the scenarios I've had it happen, they locations were pretty plain and unobvious, with no fire sources nearby (or near enough by to make sense.) Last scenario was the start of an oblige map that had a wandering lost soul on the other side of a door, with the particles spawning in my room, a far distance away from the lost soul; I'd say roughly 150 doom units.

Also, mentioning a potential oversight: disassembled IEDs drop the dudrocket actor instead of the dudrocketammo actor. However, unlike proper failed-to-arm dud rockets, the ones spawned from disassembling an IED have no target, whereas failed-to-arm ones have HDP_NK or some such as their target (weird player pawn thing which I'm guessing is for the sole purpose of player targetting). So I'm not sure if they need a target to go off, but even if they behave the same as dudrocketammo when they have no target, the pickup message makes it sound like the thing could potentially arm if left alone on the ground.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Is it normal for me to be able to kill myself with the staple gun? I've been playing around a bit, and I ran out of HP and died while trying to tend to myself with the staple gun. I always die during the staple shooting, and the standard Doomguy death scream plays. It's almost like I stapled myself so hard I died.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

It certainly can, which is why I pop a stim first on hits that put me at 1-19% mugshot to slow bleeding and boost hp regen. If I know my health range is really low, close to the death jitters, I try to bandage first as bleeding out the last few hitpoints is slower and more difficult than the rest. Sit still and recoop some, then staple the wounds closed.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

I need a fanart of doomguy stapling himself in the heart and dying now, lol.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Abba Zabba wrote:Also, mentioning a potential oversight: disassembled IEDs drop the dudrocket actor instead of the dudrocketammo actor. However, unlike proper failed-to-arm dud rockets, the ones spawned from disassembling an IED have no target, whereas failed-to-arm ones have HDP_NK or some such as their target (weird player pawn thing which I'm guessing is for the sole purpose of player targetting). So I'm not sure if they need a target to go off, but even if they behave the same as dudrocketammo when they have no target, the pickup message makes it sound like the thing could potentially arm if left alone on the ground.
That is an oversight. I could kinda imagine it being the thing potentially re-arming as part of the IED setup, but that seems unlikely. I'll fix it later tonight.

HDP_NK is the internal actor name for the Naturist playerclass. I have no idea what I was thinking when I thought it would be a good idea to use these abbreviations for all the playerclasses.

As for the particle thingies, I thought you were talking about the ones spawned by blowing up ammo boxes, but I guess not. Can you post a screenshot?
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Matt wrote:As for the particle thingies, I thought you were talking about the ones spawned by blowing up ammo boxes, but I guess not. Can you post a screenshot?
Will do, but I haven't seen it since.

Bug: current master seems to allow you to take a stupid amount of damage when you're on death's door; it's almost as if the mechanic of the last few points of health bleeding out slower or the spirit armor mechanic is being applied to overall health. When I'm at 1 HP, it takes several shotgun blasts (point blank) and several 3-round 4mm bursts to kill me. Genuinely feels like your last hitpoint is immune to all damage except bleeding out. Something left in with testing?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”