Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor [Release version 3.1.0.667]

Post by Matt »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:Congrats Matt! You got featured on PC Gamer!

In Hyper-Realistic Doom Mod, Hideous Destructor, You Have to Pick Up Your Shell Casings
Lol, I came on just now to ask if anyone had screenshots handy because Luke asked me for some!
Oh, and you can aim up and down. That alone should blow your mind.
erm...........

(also sadly he seems to have left out all my shoutouts to you guys and my artist and Valkyrie... and HD is being compared to RS:Siege and Counterstrike with nary a peep about Operation Flashpoint*, the original Ghost Recon or the Infiltration UT mod or Ground Branch... the others might've been before his time, and I never actually mentioned Flashpoint by name, but GB!? I think we both failed in neither of us mentioning Marine Doom though... still, the final piece kinda feels like a snippet made out of a slice)

*the clunkiness of which really inspired some of my hard limits about where HD would not go - if your reference is not that but rather CS, then "I take a lot of pride in trying to come up with ways to make Hideous Destructor as responsive to the player's input as possible without a multiplicity of buttons to memorize" would come off as utterly delusional.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Ah, so he sort of undersold/bungled it, then? Damn.
Fort of Hard Knox

Post by Fort of Hard Knox »

He mentioned ARMA right after, but your point still stands.

EDIT: and it's so nice to see someone else played Infiltration UT
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

So that's why my video ballooned from 42 to 4k+ views overnight. I was horribly confused for a while.

8-)
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:Ah, so he sort of undersold/bungled it, then? Damn.
Well, more that I feel all the new and interesting stuff I'd given him was left out and finally got in wasn't much more than what everyone knows about HD or could be inferred from playing it anyway.

What I am quoted for is faithful to what I actually said (inasmuch as the excerpts are verbatim), with one exception:
He tells me that he views Hideous Destructor like something of a "Doom fanfic."
My actual words were:
Hideous Destructor is Doom fanfic!
But a mostly harmless change. :V
Matt

Post by Matt »

Hoping to get a release out in the next week or two just to address the pistol and chaingunner bugs (which as far as I can tell are now fixed) and to implement the new automatic rifle configurations.

Please let me know if there are still problems with the Boss crosshair not showing up, etc.

EDIT: this is apparently the 6666th post in this thread
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

The new RL is like an explosive sniper rifle, but the sights on rocket mode are... not very good, really. I would rather have the simple cross back, if possible. It's much harder to make longer-range shots with it now because of the new obstructive sights.

Also, I'm really, really not a fan of the current HERP behavior. They become aware of you even before you can see them, which obviously makes sense considering it's a "full-body peek" around a corner, but it basically makes them impossible to actually accommodate for when they immediately begin tapping you the moment your fat edges poke around a corner. I also don't like that they visibly track you through walls even when you're out of sight. I got two-tapped (picture from my next life with Freeze active) by one from fairly long range, well out of the distance I'd have been able to hear it, and I died before I was even able to react, let alone get back to cover. I've mentioned this before, but I'd personally rather have more sluggish DHERPs if it meant getting arbitrarily slain by them less often.
Matt

Post by Matt »

HERP is bugged and literally wallhacking. Will try to address. (EDIT: Now it's no longer a wallhack but still an aimbot... but I suppose that's what it literally is ingame so uh)

Goggles seem to be bobbing as intended. (note that for me "jitter" is more like what the Thunder Buster does while zapping its beam - random and jagged.)

I'll think about how to deal with the RL sight. Personally I like the new sight for longer-range stuff, but I understand how shitty it is when you're not relying on the magnification to do anything. Might add at least a front sight post or something.
Alyansnik

Post by Alyansnik »

The BFG is not working ...
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Maybe you should provide more details. Just saying something isn't working doesn't really help that much.
Alyansnik

Post by Alyansnik »

Okay. Maybe that will help.

I tried to run last wersion of Hideous Destructor (the 3.1.0.667 version) on GZDoom 3.2.1 and 3.1.0 build.
On both it loaded perfectly fine (And bug worked on both too -_-).

On 3.2.1 when i pick it up it display that i picked up BFG but i don't have it in the inventory (So i go to the 3.1.0 build when bug is happening ... i know HD is not for 3.2.1). On 3.1.0 when i grab BFG (spawned it on the start, just for the test, using console command "summon BFG9000"), it show up the weapon and i can shoot it ... but it's a standard doom BFG, not an Hudeus Director version. So ... (I know that console command might not be a thing for testing) ... i go on the D2MAP08 and tried to take BFG on the map, and the same thing happend ... i take the BFG ... and that was the standard doom BFG.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Does it happen on the latest git of HD and GZDoom 3.2.3? Both "summon bfg9000" and pickup from map08 work fine for me.
Alyansnik

Post by Alyansnik »

I guess i understand what is wrong ... i played with stable release of HD, compatible with GZDoom 3.1.0 build.

So yeah ... i downloaded the real latest version and it worked fine.
Mikro

Post by Mikro »

howdy,
I just picked this up this morning and am having a small issue with the zoom on the standard rifle.

the zoomwindow is tiny, like barely visible inside the scope overlay
Spoiler:
screenie in spoiler

running on the latest 64 bit GZdoom thingy (3.3pre213 I think) as HD threw an error in 3.10. using DOOM2.wad and HD only.

thanks heaps for any help, and thanks to the author of the mod for a kickass experience :D
Matt

Post by Matt »

Does this happen on the latest HD git + GZDoom 3.2.3?

EDIT: I just tried my local version of HD (which ZM66 and HUD should be totally equivalent to the latest HD git) and the latest GZDoom git and I don't get that tiny zoom view.

EDIT: ...apparently the crosshair doesn't scale with some resolutions. -_-
But I still can't replicate that particular problem just by changing to an odd resolution - I can get everything to look like ass, but the scope rim and scope view would still be proportional to each other.

EDIT:
Somagu wrote:The new RL is like an explosive sniper rifle, but the sights on rocket mode are... not very good, really. I would rather have the simple cross back, if possible. It's much harder to make longer-range shots with it now because of the new obstructive sights.
I've added a dot. Hit zoom while in rocket mode or (longer term) set hd_rlzoom to false.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”