Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Hideous Destructor [Release version 3.1.0.667]

Post by phantombeta »

While looking at a powerup's code, I just realized something.
The problems you've had with desyncs might be related to player prediction. DoEffect (and probably also most, if not all the player-specific virtual functions defined in PlayerPawn) is run during player prediction.
You have to take that into account with

Code: Select all

if (Owner.player.cheats & CF_PREDICTING) // Return if running player prediction
            return;
Sorry if you already knew this and I posted it here for nothing. Just thought it'd be a good idea to post it here just in case you haven't figured that out yourself. (This is also why getting random numbers in DoEffect causes desyncs. If you check for player prediction it might fix things)
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

It was fixed a while ago and we should be free to use DoEffect again in the current 3.2.0 release.

Thanks for remembering though!
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

SMG spits out an empty 15 rounder when you reload with any bullets left rather than a stick with any bullets in it.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I figured there would be some side effects in the emergency spaghetti extraction with the pistol.

I've spent the past week distracted by work, personal shit and some half-baked ideas about the rocket launcher, but it seems the SMG scriptification just got new priority...

EDIT: And that was probably the simplest weapon scriptification to date.
Arco

Post by Arco »

Hi.

A few things from the latest build:

You can unload the pistol indefinitely to get unlimited ammo for the pistol and the SMG. This even happens when there's no ammo in the mag.
This version appears to crash frequently whenever a chaingunner is active and firing, I can't say which version introduced this change however.
I can't seem to kill a lost soul point blank, firing center mass at its sprite causes the shot to miss entirely. I found that its hitbox is lower than the sprite itself, so you have to shoot near its mouth to kill it.

Also, this isn't a bug, but I feel as though as the imp fireballs are too overpowered in recent versions. Getting hit will cause you to catch on fire 90% of the time, and its possible for it to be 'stacked', so if you get hit with a fireball two times and there's no water nearby, it can take possibly triple the amount of time to extinguish it, and trying to put out the fire gets me killed more often than not.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Yeah, it's always been like that.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Does the crash happen during a pause in firing, or in the middle of a burst, or immediately after a burst?

EDIT:
Re skulls: I always thought my aim just sucked! I'll take a look and see if the hitbox should be increased.

Re impballs: in vanilla they're just a little less powerful than taking all 3 bullets from a shotgunguy. Relative to that, the current situation seems fairly on par to me.
Arco

Post by Arco »

The crashes appear to happen in-between bursts. Doom 2 Map26 on Grimdark seems to have decent reproductivity for me.

VM execution aborted: tried to read from address zero.
Called from VulcanetteGuy.StateFunction.43 at
HideousDestructor-master.pk7:zscript/dragonguard.txt, line 134
Called from state VulcanetteGuy.43 in DragonGuard

Also, one more thing for now:

Unloading a fully loaded ZM-66 only gives you a partially loaded mag, whether its from the very occasional zombie or from map-spawn.
Matt

Post by Matt »

That was a surprisingly straightforward nullpointer soft crash! Good to know! (and should be fixed now)

ZM66 bug was just a matter of starting assumptions. Fixed.

Pistol unload was a surprisingly obvious oversight even for me, for the pistol. Fixed.

As for the skulls, though... they're height 26. The skull is scaled so that height 16 should be tolerable. It could be that floatbob is messing with the relative height of the sprite though, so I've commented that out now. (It looks better this way, frankly.)

All this, of course, keeping in mind that they do tend to get "stuck" under or around your barrel and thus completely protected from your shots. They seem to be easiest to shoot while they're backing up for another strike.
Arco

Post by Arco »

I have a few more here:

Whenever you are down on the last round for the pistol, you cannot cock it to remove the round in the chamber. It also cannot be reloaded for some reason.
Loose 9mm rounds don't seem to restack whenever you have out your pistol/SMG.
A ZM-66 without the grenade launcher can still take a round, but you can't use it, therefore wasting a GL round.
Also, I'm not exactly sure if this is intended or not, but the pistol no longer has a randomized amount of rounds in the mag.

Regarding the lost souls, I do recall a version where I was able to hit them whenever I have my crosshairs directly in the center, but I don't remember when this was changed. Floatbob possibly has something to do with this but I'm not really certain.

Edit: Also, SMGs can get crushed from the door.
Matt

Post by Matt »

That is odd - the forum page says Arco posted recently but the last post I can see is my own "That was a surprisingly straightforward..." (ironically enough).
Arco

Post by Arco »

I tried to edit my post but because I don't have enough posts, a moderator has to approve them, even though I've been here for a few years and I don't plan to spam anything anytime soon. Intuitive.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Arco wrote:I tried to edit my post but because I don't have enough posts, a moderator has to approve them, even though I've been here for a few years and I don't plan to spam anything anytime soon. Intuitive.
Because you have fewer than 10 posts, a number which was increased from 1 recently in an effort to stave off some more unpleasant types. I may go reduce this number to something a bit more sane, because it clearly annoys actual users, and it annoys me to have to constantly approve new posts from users who really aren't doing anything wrong.
Matt

Post by Matt »

I see the post now.

The pistol and ZM66 bugs have been fixed.
Also, I'm not exactly sure if this is intended or not, but the pistol no longer has a randomized amount of rounds in the mag.
I... just stopped caring, tbh. None of the monsters use the pistol so it's never the case that you'll be picking up the partially-spent weapon they were using. I might revisit this later.
Arco

Post by Arco »

There seems to be an infinite ammo glitch with the pistol, taking it out while you have loose 9mm ammo will just automatically give you a new loaded 9mm magazine, regardless of how many loose rounds you have.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”