Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor [Release version 3.1.0.667]

Post by Matt »

ae4dad6 is what I'm using now with which I am failing to replicate these crashes. :/

Odd that a couple weeks ago I was constantly getting crashes that you guys could never get...
Eric_

Post by Eric_ »

The contractor starts with green armor equipped, but it becomes black armor once removed. Somehow he has both equipped at once, going by what printinv says?
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

The Slomo Bullet Time developer is going to add some new features to that mod, including making it properly compatible, and adding in slowmo triggers on death, getting hit, and on going below a certain health threshold.

I know some people here feel like it's a faux pas, but imagine being to use it with HD, and have a slow mo effect when you're close to death, and stuff like that. Last Chance, etc etc. (and no i'm not asking for it to be integrated)
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

I have no idea why it was desyncing on the stable last night, but now it's not. Knox and I just played through a solid 8 map level set with no hitches, desyncs or crashes.

We'll check the mapset we were playing later, although I have no idea how that could have anything to do with it.

Using GZD 3.1.0a and what is currently the newest commit there seems to be no issues. At least, not in Ultimate Doom, if Doom 2 is somehow causing a problem. No desyncs or crashes on grenades close or far hitting the person that threw them, no desyncs or crashes on a huge damn mess of barrels exploding all at once either. Everything seems fine, even though nothing changed from last night. Completely bizarre.

That said, after a while, we become unable to pick up any hand grenades. (carry weight enabled in case it ends up mattering)

Also, I actually ran out of sutures(!!!!). The "ammo bar" stops at about half way, however, and the other half doesn't actually seem to indicate anything.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Contractor armour and medikit status bar should be addressed now.

I've had inexplicable memory glitches that only occurred on D1 but not D2 when I was doing tripwires. I have no recollection how I dealt with them. I'll keep plugging away at the frag explosion code in hopes of incidentally cleaning up whatever might be causing the problem.

No idea at all what the issue might be with picking up grenades.

EDIT: Might the new devbuild resolve anything along these lines? Commit 9f742f8 seems to involve correcting a method of freeing up memory.
Fort of Hard Knox

Post by Fort of Hard Knox »

Did I miss something about bracing weapons having a new mechanism?
Matt

Post by Matt »

Until one of the more recent updates, if your turn input was above a certain threshold your turn sensitivity would no longer be reduced even if you were braced otherwise. I've gotten rid of that now so you don't risk skipping all over the place while trying to track a faster target.
Fort of Hard Knox

But its still the same 'wait for second, gun braces'?
Matt

Post by Matt »

You have to be holding use now for the reduced sensitivity. (All other bracing stuff is still automatic)

I don't remember when I added it, but basically I was sick of suddenly finding myself unable to react quickly because of it like my foot had fallen asleep IRL or something, so I had to add something to make the reduced sensitivity require some other voluntary action.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

Knox, I told you like three times that you have to hold use to brace since he did it, man.
Fort of Hard Knox

Then it's not working properly in single-player for me either. Unless I only brace the weapon as long as Im holding down use. so there wasn't a feedback I was used to, and this is really neat how you can choose when and for how long to brace now. This is a good mechanic but I miss the click sound it made, unless I'm missing that too

Also the grenade bug applies in single player as well. If the player has no hand grenades, picking up new grenades will not add them to your inventory
Last edited by Fort of Hard Knox on Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Unless I only brace the weapon as long as Im holding down use.
I think the only bracing thing that doesn't require use key right now is stopping the Vulcanette's downward drift. I'll try the Brontornis recoil again when I get home though.

Which grenades are you picking up? Are they appearing in packs of 6 where another ammo or weapon item would be in vanilla?
Fort of Hard Knox

Individual grenades. My luck hasn't given me a 6-pack in a hot minute.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Turns out all grenade pickups were affected - in fact, there should be a lot of other things that were affected as well. It should be fixed now.

Also confirmed that other benefits of bracing, namely mitigation of recoil, do not require the use key.

EDIT: shit wtf how did I break recoil completely brb fixed though I still don't understand how it broke when I was doing it the other way
Matt

Post by Matt »

So this weekend I finally replaced the most convoluted bit of code in the custom explosion. Fragmentation damage is now calculated in a totally different way. Let me know if this is causing anything really weird. (Kinda weird, and really weird without the italics, seem to be par for the course from everything I've read - if anything the old explosion might've been too predictable)

This might address the crashing. Probably not.

Question: Which is the best way to handle zoom and drop compensation (and airburst):

1. as it is now: hold button, fire and altfire increase and decrease
2. hold button(s), pitch or yaw to adjust (but only one of them)
3. hold button, forward/backward/strafe keys adjust?

2 and 3 would mean this function hijacks your movement and turning, but 1 leaves you accidentally shooting while adjusting this stuff.

Note that I might not be able to implement 2 until after all weapons have been scriptified - which currently means I can only test it on the Vulcanette for now (and hopefully the ZM66 within the next few weeks).

EDIT: After messing around with the current setup for a bit I think I should stop trying to fix what ain't broken.

In other news, I've been playing this on near loop for the past couple days, which I link mostly just for the fact that the band name does Judas Priest lyrics / literary reference gestalt much better and unforcedly than this mod does:

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”