[WIP] Doom: Eternal Slayer (v07 UPDATE) 12/24/2021!!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
edypagaza
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

[WIP] Doom: Eternal Slayer (v07 UPDATE) 12/24/2021!!

Post by edypagaza »

OLDER VERSION gameplay:
Spoiler:

V.07 UPDATE:
Spoiler:
This is the new gameplay never seen in the classic Doom. Completly 3D player model with cool animations to hack n' slash the monsters in many ways, adding an exclusive experience for doom players that will taste the best of the gameplays in the doom modding community.

This is the early version of the mod, this mod will contain 3 melee weapons and the the original weapons from Doom II, but in the new styled way.
So, practicaly this is the base of the mod. Also, will contain an exclusive boss fight with the marauder and icon of sin. But will take some time to release it.

Attack: Normal Attacks
Alt Attack: Heavy Attacks
Mouse Wheel: Lock on
Shift: Dashes
Spacebar: Jump

Crucible:
An artifact from Argent D'Nur which wields mysterious control over the Argent energy reserves of Hell, capable of shutting down—and apparently reactivating—the source of that energy known as the Well.

Movelist:
Crucible Combo 1: A1+A1+A1+A1+A2
Crucible Combo 2: A2+A2+A2
Crucible Combo 3: A1+A2+A2+A2
Crucible Combo 4: A1+A1+A2+A2
Aerial Rave: A1+A1+A1
Helm breaker: Jump+A2
Stinger: Dash Forward+A1
Lateral Slash: Dash (Forward|Left|Right)+(A1|A2)
High Time: Dash+(A1|A2)
[NEW] Spinning slash (ground): Hold (1 second and release) A1
[NEW] Spinning slash (midair): Hold (1 second and release) A1
Spoiler:

UAC EMG [NEW]:
It is a small directed energy weapon based on plasma gel - called energy-matter-gel. Four megawatts of Argent energy are compressed into a kinetic slug.

Super Shotgun [NEW]:

Appears to be of Earthly design, the meat hook is composed of metals not native to Earth, suggesting it may have been made on another world.
Spoiler:

The powerups are the same like Doom II, so no big changes in this...for the moment.

Thanks to Nash for his motion blur effect and his wonderful plugin of md3 exporter of Blender
Rachael for gamma clean.
Cherno for simsun effect.
FinnGamer for helping out with 3d models.
Zanieon some tips of using 3d models.

CHANGELOG:
Spoiler:

You can follow my Facebook page here:
https://www.facebook.com/edy.pagaza.gaming
Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/edypagaza

Mod Database:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-eternal ... nal-slayer
Last edited by edypagaza on Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:52 am, edited 14 times in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Doom: Eternal Slayer

Post by Captain J »

Doom in Third Person... It's been a while, really! We definitely lack this kind of mod, so it's gonna be really worth it. The blood effect and the gameplay is just marvelous. I'm sold!
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Looks very much like DmC or MGR, nice. Feels weird for the Slayer to be making those sounds when attacking though.
PatCatz2004

Post by PatCatz2004 »

WHERE IS DOOM SHINOBI!

( Sorry for that. I just got too Hyped so yea )
edypagaza

Post by edypagaza »

Jeimuzu73 wrote:Looks very much like DmC or MGR, nice. Feels weird for the Slayer to be making those sounds when attacking though.
There is already an option to deactivate it lol
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

This is significantly more dynamic than the Crucible in DooM Eternal that was, honestly, dissapointing.
TheNightATK300

Post by TheNightATK300 »

Ahh, kind of like DOOMERO's Resident Evil mods, except now the Slayer is in a 3D model! That's a really neat mod to say the least.
HorrorMovieRei
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

AKA Devil May Cry, literally, because there's a space gladiator with a laser sword charging at him :shock:
Granted, the mouse1+mouse2 combo scheme and the camera placement feels more like MGR, which I also adore so no complaints here!
BerserkerNoir
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BerserkerNoir »

Awesome!
That Down Slash seems to be based on Dante´s right?
Pretty cool Stuff, and the 3D model looks pretty smooth.
edypagaza

Re: Doom: Eternal Slayer[OUT NOW]

Post by edypagaza »

here is the first released version to the public:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nmf4jnqg ... a.zip/file
Malfunction

Post by Malfunction »

This is really fun so far. Good thing GZDoom has controller support lmao. Couple of things I would suggest (if they're not already planned):

> I noticed that there are no difficulty settings with this mod. While the "default setting" of sorts is fair enough, not too easy and not too hard, it still would be nice to have different difficulties, even if they only change enemy and item placements.
> For those that have bad memory (me), having either a menu page or a in-game bind to show the combo list at any time would be useful.
> Some form of blocking ability, or even an ability for deflecting projectiles could be handy, considering DOOM's bestiary.
> The HUD doesn't show health or armor being higher than 100%. If it is higher than 100%, then the health and armor bars just stay full and don't show how much health and armor you have.
> The Blursphere could be replaced with something more useful, especially since melee combat seems to be the main focus. Maybe something that severely reduces how much damage you take without giving complete invincibility?
> The ability to dash in the air would be helpful, even if it doesn't have any new attacks with it.

That's all I got for nitpicks and suggestions. I'm excited to see where this mod will go.
edypagaza

Post by edypagaza »

Malfunction wrote:This is really fun so far. Good thing GZDoom has controller support lmao. Couple of things I would suggest (if they're not already planned):

> I noticed that there are no difficulty settings with this mod. While the "default setting" of sorts is fair enough, not too easy and not too hard, it still would be nice to have different difficulties, even if they only change enemy and item placements.
Malfunction wrote:> For those that have bad memory (me), having either a menu page or a in-game bind to show the combo list at any time would be useful.
Thats a great idea, adding a submenu with this.
Malfunction wrote:> Some form of blocking ability, or even an ability for deflecting projectiles could be handy, considering DOOM's bestiary.
I considering this because breaks the meta, evading the projectiles fits better, i dont know, like devil may cry.
Malfunction wrote:> The HUD doesn't show health or armor being higher than 100%. If it is higher than 100%, then the health and armor bars just stay full and don't show how much health and armor you have.
could you please submit an image of the HUD please?
Malfunction wrote:> The Blursphere could be replaced with something more useful, especially since melee combat seems to be the main focus. Maybe something that severely reduces how much damage you take without giving complete invincibility?
Blursphere indeed will be replaced, but this is the alpha version, i have an idea for this.
Malfunction wrote:> The ability to dash in the air would be helpful, even if it doesn't have any new attacks with it.
That's right, air dash would be nice, thanks for this.
Malfunction wrote:That's all I got for nitpicks and suggestions. I'm excited to see where this mod will go.
Thanks for your review, im considering to add a boss fight with a weapon to get in the next update, stay tuned.
Malfunction

Post by Malfunction »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVfPUAB0IxU
The video probably does a better job showing what I mean, but the Health and Armor bars only go up to 100%. Anything beyond that doesn't get shown in any way and thus, you can't tell how much Health/Armor you have until it drops below 100%.
edypagaza

Post by edypagaza »

Malfunction wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVfPUAB0IxU
The video probably does a better job showing what I mean, but the Health and Armor bars only go up to 100%. Anything beyond that doesn't get shown in any way and thus, you can't tell how much Health/Armor you have until it drops below 100%.
OH i see, im fixing that
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

As i expected, it's one hell of a heck and slash doom mod. Never thought using the Crucible in vanilla doom was this so good! And also here are some feedback of mine:

- So there's the Devil May Cry style combo system. What happens if i get the maximum combo? Do i get something neat?

- Speaking of getting something neat, i would like to see some kind of... Orb. The Currency. To buy things in the menu or in game after you kill the enemies, if you're very experienced with the doom modding.

- Crouch animation for the Player model does not exist. Even in chasecam.

- Is it me? Or the player model spawns another player model upon death in chasecam?

- After getting the Berserksphere, the effect is not really different than usual. The damage increase is already there, yeah. But i mean visually! Maybe make the Player spawn wave projectile that rips through everything each time he slash?

- It seems the Player's jump is a little bit delayed. When i press the Jump key, he jumps after a bit of second.

- Someone already suggested that the player should be able to block. So i would like to suggest that the player also should dash to dodge the meleeing enemies as well.

And i just figured out that the player is not really in Third Person at all. I still can get hit at the middle of the screen. But if you really want some third person experience, try pressing Chasecam. I dare you. ;)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”