The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed again

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed again

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:29 pm

Woo-hoo! Update! :D
Starman the Blaziken
 
Joined: 07 Mar 2019
Location: United States, MI
Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed again

Postby devlman127 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:16 pm

For some reason I can't use the Draughsuit. I even tried with just the Guncaster pk3, but same glitch. I'm running GZDoom 4.1.3
[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/JO8hDuo.jpg[/imgur]
devlman127
 
Joined: 03 Nov 2019

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed again

Postby Rowsol » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:25 pm

devlman127 wrote:For some reason I can't use the Draughsuit. I even tried with just the Guncaster pk3, but same glitch. I'm running GZDoom 4.1.3
[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/JO8hDuo.jpg[/imgur]

Try "Summon DraughTomeBringer"
User avatar
Rowsol
 
Joined: 06 Mar 2013
Location: Maryland, US

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed again

Postby devlman127 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:48 am

Rowsol wrote:Try "Summon DraughTomeBringer"

Nope, just crashes the same.
devlman127
 
Joined: 03 Nov 2019

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed again

Postby PillowBlaster » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:33 am

devlman127 wrote:For some reason I can't use the Draughsuit. I even tried with just the Guncaster pk3, but same glitch. I'm running GZDoom 4.1.3


You might wanna update gzdoom and see if the issue persists.
User avatar
PillowBlaster
 
Joined: 24 Jan 2010

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed again

Postby AvzinElkein » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:28 am

Too bad the Weapon Shop doesn't sell Hexen energy (which weapons use in Hexen).
AvzinElkein
 
Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Discord: AvzinElkein#8621

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed again

Postby fakemai » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:41 am

Good work on making this interoperate with Strife, and in an amusing way even. Unfortunately I just finished a playthrough of the "bad ending" path however it was somewhat broken towards the end. Spoilers:
Spoiler:

I'm pretty sure I didn't accidentally sequence break somewhere, which is easy to do, and I'm about to try the good ending route since I saved before that fork.
User avatar
fakemai
 
Joined: 12 Feb 2018
Location: Australia

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed again

Postby PillowBlaster » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:08 pm

fakemai wrote:Good work on making this interoperate with Strife, and in an amusing way even. Unfortunately I just finished a playthrough of the "bad ending" path however it was somewhat broken towards the end. Spoilers:
Spoiler:

I'm pretty sure I didn't accidentally sequence break somewhere, which is easy to do, and I'm about to try the good ending route since I saved before that fork.


Can thank Amv2k9 for this, it's a bit beyond me, but I did notify him about it. Can only praytell he might be able to get back at me at some point with some solutions on what and where things went wrong.
User avatar
PillowBlaster
 
Joined: 24 Jan 2010

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed again

Postby fakemai » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:54 am

I should've said that I'm using LZDoom current (3.83a as of writing) but I doubt it matters. Also confirmed the good ending (and worst ending) path works correctly.

EDIT: If it helps, save file for LZDoom 3.83a just before the branch in decision.
User avatar
fakemai
 
Joined: 12 Feb 2018
Location: Australia

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed again

Postby AvzinElkein » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:37 pm

I have re-acquired an XBOX One controller. I assigned left trigger to cast spell and right trigger to fire. What should I assign to Stratocaster and Kick?
AvzinElkein
 
Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Discord: AvzinElkein#8621

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed again

Postby baddude1337 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:50 pm

AvzinElkein wrote:I have re-acquired an XBOX One controller. I assigned left trigger to cast spell and right trigger to fire. What should I assign to Stratocaster and Kick?


I'd say R3 for kicks, Left Bumper for grenades and Right Bumper for Strats.
User avatar
baddude1337
 
Joined: 09 Sep 2015

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed again

Postby AvzinElkein » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:56 pm

baddude1337 wrote:
AvzinElkein wrote:I have re-acquired an XBOX One controller. I assigned left trigger to cast spell and right trigger to fire. What should I assign to Stratocaster and Kick?


I'd say R3 for kicks, Left Bumper for grenades and Right Bumper for Strats.

I don't recall grenades being in Guncaster.
AvzinElkein
 
Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Discord: AvzinElkein#8621

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed again

Postby baddude1337 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:36 pm

AvzinElkein wrote:
baddude1337 wrote:
AvzinElkein wrote:I have re-acquired an XBOX One controller. I assigned left trigger to cast spell and right trigger to fire. What should I assign to Stratocaster and Kick?


I'd say R3 for kicks, Left Bumper for grenades and Right Bumper for Strats.

I don't recall grenades being in Guncaster.

Sorry, TNT quick toss.
User avatar
baddude1337
 
Joined: 09 Sep 2015

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed again

Postby erni945 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:30 pm

I am reporting a bug after using Deathmaker's Mask, Philosopher Tome and using Pound Attack on enemies.I am using the latest version of GZDoom (4.2.4)

https://ibb.co/wKbtkNY
erni945
 
Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Location: Poland

Re: The Guncaster - 3.5 hotfixed again

Postby Regios » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:43 pm

erni945 wrote:I am reporting a bug after using Deathmaker's Mask, Philosopher Tome and using Pound Attack on enemies.I am using the latest version of GZDoom (4.2.4)

https://ibb.co/wKbtkNY


Any map pack or additional mods in particular you're using? I'm trying to replicate this crash on the latest GZDoom version, but no matter how many enemies I kill with ground slams and stomps with the midas tome and the mask of Basilissa equipped, game goes on as normal.
User avatar
Regios
 
Joined: 28 Jun 2012

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gollgagh, guest6777, Scuba Steve and 12 guests