NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.1 OUT NOW!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1)

Postby Joblez_I » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:37 am

Rex705 wrote:I made a nice video to show off some gameplay of this mod. :)


Thanks a ton! Would you mind if i used it as a showcase for gameplay on the main post?
User avatar
Joblez_I
 
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Location: Xen
Discord: Joblez#3282

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1)

Postby Joblez_I » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:35 pm

https://streamable.com/s39ka

footage of v1.1, still need a few more things to update and then it'll be out
User avatar
Joblez_I
 
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Location: Xen
Discord: Joblez#3282

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1)

Postby Toberone » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:58 pm

Idk how you did it but you just made the lever action twice as cool jesus.

You work fast! thats a lot of cool changes since last, lovin the bonzai charge lol.
Toberone
 
Joined: 12 May 2013

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1)

Postby Rex705 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:23 pm

Joblez_I wrote:Thanks a ton! Would you mind if I used it as a showcase for gameplay on the main post?

Sure that's fine :)
User avatar
Rex705
 
Joined: 22 Nov 2015
Discord: Rex705
Twitch ID: Rex705
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1)

Postby eharper256 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:38 pm

A nice set of gunplay, and some of my issues appear to already be fixed by that video! Good job, always nice to see new weapon ideas, and I'm a sucker for Oni in general.

One thing left though; for the love of the kami, change that font on the HUD; its insanely hard to read!
User avatar
eharper256
 
Joined: 25 Feb 2018
Location: UK

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1)

Postby thewolfman00001 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:00 pm

Joblez_I wrote:https://streamable.com/s39ka

footage of v1.1, still need a few more things to update and then it'll be out


All I have to ask is this: Will the shotgun 1-shot pinkies?
thewolfman00001
 
Joined: 23 Feb 2019
Discord: Alexander (The Wolfman)#6010
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1)

Postby Joblez_I » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:36 pm

thewolfman00001 wrote:
Joblez_I wrote:https://streamable.com/s39ka

footage of v1.1, still need a few more things to update and then it'll be out


All I have to ask is this: Will the shotgun 1-shot pinkies?


Tested the shotgun, takes 2-3 shots to kill a pinky.
User avatar
Joblez_I
 
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Location: Xen
Discord: Joblez#3282

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1)

Postby thewolfman00001 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:44 pm

Joblez_I wrote:
thewolfman00001 wrote:
Joblez_I wrote:https://streamable.com/s39ka

footage of v1.1, still need a few more things to update and then it'll be out


All I have to ask is this: Will the shotgun 1-shot pinkies?


Tested the shotgun, takes 2-3 shots to kill a pinky.


I see, will you by any chance add a super-shotgun type weapon to the arsenal? Not having a weapon type that fits the super-shotgun niche would severely nerf the player, especially in Doom 2 style wads and map-sets
thewolfman00001
 
Joined: 23 Feb 2019
Discord: Alexander (The Wolfman)#6010
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1)

Postby Joblez_I » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:48 pm

I see, will you by any chance add a super-shotgun type weapon to the arsenal? Not having a weapon type that fits the super-shotgun niche would severely nerf the player, especially in Doom 2 style wads and map-sets




the ability to melee as a secondary, and weapons like the nambu lmg are made close the gap between you and enemies, in the same context you'd use the super shotgun in. if people are more persistent it is a problem then i will add a supershotgun of some sort to fill the need.
User avatar
Joblez_I
 
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Location: Xen
Discord: Joblez#3282

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1)

Postby Gideon020 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:43 am

Joblez_I wrote:the ability to melee as a secondary, and weapons like the nambu lmg are made close the gap between you and enemies, in the same context you'd use the super shotgun in. if people are more persistent it is a problem then i will add a supershotgun of some sort to fill the need.


A weapon that makes use of Plasma Cells in some form is probably what I'd want more than a Super Shotgun right now. Yorick's Skull is neat, but when you have levels built around using plasma ammo and there's no gun that uses it, it makes things...tricky.
Gideon020
Fanboy
 
Joined: 28 Sep 2015

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.1 OUT NOW!)

Postby Joblez_I » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:46 pm

Version 1.1 is out! tried to address as many critiques as possible, hopefully, this is a more enjoyable and playable version.
User avatar
Joblez_I
 
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Location: Xen
Discord: Joblez#3282

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.1 OUT NOW!)

Postby Zhs2 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:31 pm

My favorite part about the 9mm SMG is that tap-firing it (clicking once like you would when chaingun sniping for those perfectly accurate first bullets) produces a firing sound, smoke from the barrel, but no muzzle flash. Feature of a futuristic SMG, or developer oversight? It's your call!

Other than that, this weapons mod is pretty snazzy. I've been seeing your animations in #showroom on the ZDoom Discord for a while now, didn't know it was out to try until today!
User avatar
Zhs2
Power of three.
 
Joined: 07 Nov 2008
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.1 OUT NOW!)

Postby Joblez_I » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:06 pm

Zhs2 wrote:My favorite part about the 9mm SMG is that tap-firing it (clicking once like you would when chaingun sniping for those perfectly accurate first bullets) produces a firing sound, smoke from the barrel, but no muzzle flash. Feature of a futuristic SMG, or developer oversight? It's your call!

Other than that, this weapons mod is pretty snazzy. I've been seeing your animations in #showroom on the ZDoom Discord for a while now, didn't know it was out to try until today!


we'll call it a feature, not a bug ;^)
User avatar
Joblez_I
 
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Location: Xen
Discord: Joblez#3282

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.1 OUT NOW!)

Postby Fureyon » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:21 pm

The animations feel better and I like what you did with the lever action.
I didn't really notice much damage difference between fire and alt-fire for melee, nor did I notice any properties that would make it different, such as knockback in example.
Regarding Type99's charge it's possible to "charge in place" if all you do is hold alt-fire, you might want to force forward movement there or only trigger if moving forward.

Maybe add a scope to the Type99 as well?
Fureyon
 
Joined: 28 Jun 2018

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.1 OUT NOW!)

Postby Someone64 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:13 am

Primary melee seems to have longer range.

Bug report: If you zoom in with a weapon then switch to another weapon while zoomed in, switching back to the zoomed in weapon will still have your view zoomed but the weapon will not look like it's in its zoomed in state.
Someone64
 
Joined: 23 Feb 2016

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brohnesorge, chronoteeth, ilovedoom! clone, Joblez_I, LeonelC and 15 guests