WW-Cola3 [v2.5 bugfix release, 5/31/2019]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: WW-Cola3 [v2 now live! 6-16]

Post by Rachael »

I was running out of time to come up with a good April Fool's joke. >_>
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

AvzinElkein wrote:It seems the game may or may not work right in 3.7.2:

Edit: It is still playable, but I just wanted to make sure...
I have looked into this just now: there are no errors for me on a relatively recent dev build.

(Next official GZDoom release really can't come soon enough, by the sound of it... [sigh])
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Cola 3 whereabouts update: a new version has been tinkered with over the course of the last month and a half, off-and-on, as free time dictates. Thing is: it's largely bugfixes and very minor polishing issues, and the remainder of the To-Do list is stuff like this:
It's stuff that the average player might not care about, but bothers me because it's inconsistent with how it gets handled elsewhere.

I've had almost half a mind to release an update anyway, because among the things I remember for sure have been fixed are:
  • Hitscan enemies were dealing WAY too much damage!
  • I adopted Nash's menu tooltip code, with mild revisions, in order to make the Cola Options menu easier to read and manipulate.
  • Corrected the automap HUD issues I was having a couple weeks ago, so it now displays correctly in newer versions.
  • Automap HUD also now displays the current amount of ammo for each present weapon.
  • Probably forgot other stuff in the process, whatever
If I either don't receive more bug reports worth looking into, or don't muster the desire to add anything else to this, I'll push a v2.5 to the itch.io page at the end of next week. (Hound me about it if I don't.)
affandede

Post by affandede »

One of the fav mods of mine got an update, nice. I can't get enough of that skillet's thump! . I plan to implement something similar in my mod, it is just so awesome and gratifying.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I have posted an update to Cola 3. It is primarily bugfixes and updates to keep things up to date with the newer GZDooms; as such, most of my testing has been with the v4.1.x versions of GZDoom and you might have to update.

I anticipate this should be the definitive release of the mod, as I have not seen any bugs nor heard any reports of any bugs in the last couple of weeks.

The download link, as before, is on the itch.io page. Reminder, this mod is posted as "pay what you want" - if you enjoy it, feel free to fling loose change at me, but you are under no obligation to, and the file is still free by clicking "No thanks, take me to the downloads."
AvzinElkein

Re: WW-Cola3 [v2.5 bugfix release, 5/31/2019]

Post by AvzinElkein »

It seems that Cola3 won't work with Sigil, since the strange eye-thing will only respond to hitscan.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

AvzinElkein wrote:It seems that Cola3 won't work with Sigil, since the strange eye-thing will only respond to hitscan.
One workaround I'd suggest is using the "mdk" console command on the eyes. I don't know what the deal is with those trigger lines, though, I'd think anything should trigger those.
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by phantombeta »

wildweasel wrote:
AvzinElkein wrote:It seems that Cola3 won't work with Sigil, since the strange eye-thing will only respond to hitscan.
One workaround I'd suggest is using the "mdk" console command on the eyes. I don't know what the deal is with those trigger lines, though, I'd think anything should trigger those.
They do trigger it - you can notice this by shooting the hole at an angle where it doesn't hit the eye, or typing "remove EvilEye" before shooting the hole. It's just that the eye blocks projectiles, and all your guns use projectiles instead of hitscans.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”