Factotum [16/10/19] Survival

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Factotum [22/09/18] Arrange Mode V3

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Ohh, thanks yukes!

I am going to update it again. Give me a few hours.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Factotum [25/09/18] Arrange Mode v3.1

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Well, after some struggle with the code, i finally merged some changes that i kinda lost track and had to do again. But nothing major except some details were re-done. Now i believe i am finally free from Arrange mode to work the main Factotum game again.
Spoiler: Your daily changelog
Grab Arrange mode 3.1 here!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/y1j617gcz ... 918%5D.pk3
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Factotum [25/09/18] Both games updated

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

After a long wait, the vanilla version was updated!

I don't really NEED to list the changes, because they all featured during this time on Arrange Mode. But, of course, i've kept the old ammo quantities and 2 repair kits limit. The really NEW things are sounds to each weapon (aside from the vanilla sounds), and some menu graphics.

Bugs, or crashing features, please feedback to me!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0d97p4335 ... 918%5D.pk3

P.S.: I forgot to increase the reload time of the shotgun back to the vanilla value, but i don't think this is a major issue, given you can use the P94.

Feedback is appreciated. Have fun!

EDIT: Had to upload again because some bugs appeared. But i think nobody had the time to download it.
VriskaSerket
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by VriskaSerket »

I'm late to the party, but let me say this mod is awesome! It feels really good coupled with the Ashes 2063 maps, it really does feel like a proper survival horror experience (especially with the actual soundtrack of various survival horror games and similar playing) and it particularly feels very Resident Evil-ish in the map Damage Control.
I wonder if there will be more weapons and whatnot someday?

Also as a bonus, I loved the intro disclaimer typical in PS1 survival horror titles, so I made a bunch of variations:
Spoiler:
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thanks a lot man!

I do have plans for Factotum indeed. As i posted some time ago in the "Project Ideas you have", i want to explore a little bit more from the weapons and not just some "take inventory-give inventory".
Spoiler:
But, if the question is if this first game will be touched, maybe yes, but not as much as bugfixes or small tweaks. I want to keep both variations (normal and Arrange) intact on its trails, so a possible Factotum 2 would expand those ideas.

Also, thanks a lot for the screenies! I am dead sure to use them in the future (i'll try to make a random screen showing up if possible). In case you haven't seen, both Arrange and Normal Factotum have different disclaimer screens =p

Hope you enjoy it even more. Cheers!
VriskaSerket
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by VriskaSerket »

GAA1992 wrote:Thanks a lot man!

I do have plans for Factotum indeed. As i posted some time ago in the "Project Ideas you have", i want to explore a little bit more from the weapons and not just some "take inventory-give inventory".

But, if the question is if this first game will be touched, maybe yes, but not as much as bugfixes or small tweaks. I want to keep both variations (normal and Arrange) intact on its trails, so a possible Factotum 2 would expand those ideas.

Also, thanks a lot for the screenies! I am dead sure to use them in the future (i'll try to make a random screen showing up if possible). In case you haven't seen, both Arrange and Normal Factotum have different disclaimer screens =p

Hope you enjoy it even more. Cheers!
That's good to hear! This is definitely one of my favorite mods out there! I know you don't plan to add much more to the original Factotum, but it'd be nice to see flame or acid rounds for the grenade launcher, I knew they weren't there but seeing the ol' grenade bag gives me that nostalgia.
Also lookin' forward for whatever comes next! Great job on these, mate!

SNEAKY EDIT: Just a couple more intro screens because Factotum mixes really well with Ashes maps.
Spoiler:
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Factotum [16/10/19] Survival

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Anybody up to a new experience?

Click here for Factotum Survival.

I've been messing around with Factotum a bit, and kinda took the survival horror a little bit more seriously. But don't worry; this version won't override the others, and it's only meant to fulfill some desire i've had to make the game harder without losing fun.
Spoiler: Factotum Survival Changelog
Download link will be also avaiable in the first page. Have fun!
GRUARRR

Post by GRUARRR »

THIS MOD IS AMAZING THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I´ve tried your 3 Factotum mods and I´ve to say that trying Factotum Survival (on ultra-violence) with the mod "Resident Evil: Codename HUNK Monsters" is fucking amazing.

I really like Resident Evil especially 2, 3 and code veronica and I love the sounds and the PS1 intros you´ve put into this mod. I also like the way the player moves slower and the slow recharge for the shotgun. And the blue, red, green plants !!

Weapons are great, with a recharge system (I like recharge systems a lot, I prefer it over vanilla weapons mods that you don´t have to recharge although sometimes I use these mods and enjoy them, but I prefer mods with a recharge system) that fits the Resident Evil essence (pistols, shotguns, smg, grenade launchers). Also the machete and the grenades. Having a plasma weapon in the other mods is okey for me, I like it. Also the system of breaking weapons and repair kits is great.
I love the detail of the secret photo of Rebeca Chambers when you recharge the LMG. Furthermore RE1 (or 2 not sure) footsteps, also great, 10/10.

I also think that you have made very good making 3 different mods (the first being more arcade, the second a little bit more difficult and the last being survival and the hardest) because this way you can use them with different enemies mods/maps and have more and different experiences.

I have to try all three mods (and it´s sound addons) more times to have more conclusions, but the first sensations are being great.
Happy to see more Classic Resident Evil fans. You´ve made my day with this !!! Thank you.

PS: Do you know any RE2 / 3 music mod? Would be a (more) amazing experience.
64palm
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by 64palm »

are you RE fans ?? this mod are awesome reminds me to resident evil survivor
64palm
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by 64palm »

hello
can you give me a command to summon repair kits ??
and why i can't grab a weapon parts ??

edit : only gzdoom 1.9 cannot grab a weapon parts ????

Return to “Gameplay Mods”