Netronian Chaos V.3.57: The Final, Last, Concluding Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
insightguy

Re: Netronian Chaos V.3: Cosmic Adventures With no Tendencie

Post by insightguy »

Captain J wrote:
Some new enemy types would be welcome, due to the fact you can only pick up guns for ammo if you are carrying that specific gun, and not just one that uses the same ammo. For example, the Burst Pistol is only useful if you also carry a Service Pistol, because if you don't, you can't get ammo for it by picking up the countless Service Pistols that enemies drop. The same goes for the Hand Sweeper and Riot Gun, or the Burst SMG and Machine Carbine.
I'm thinking about making expansion pack later. I had the same problem and i would like to add new enemies with a-bit rare weapons and the regular one that old enemies couldn't have.
To solve the ammo problem, just add an extra button that switches between locking and unlocking weapon pickups. so if I want new guns, I lock it so that I don't pick the weapon up for ammo, If I just want ammo, then I pick up the weapon as ammo.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

here.PNG
Umm... You mean this one? It's from Option in the menu. After turning this on, you can grab any weapons with no limitation.

I already added this for long ago when Version 3 was released. And if this is not the kind of switch you're talking about, don't worry. You still can collect ammo by... Just picking them up!
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

It seems to be partially compatible with Chex Quest; the guns and keys are replaced, but the Flemoids remain Flemoids... Also, the episode list inadvertently uses the DOOM names instead of the Chex Quest names...
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

@Captain J. no, what I mean is weapon pickups becoming ammo if you have a gun with the same ammo type (picking up a sawn-off gives ammo if you are full and have a shotgun). to make it easier, just add a button that toggles between ammo vacuum and gun pickup.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Like i said, you still can gather some ammo from dropped weapons by dropping your own or turning on the disable weapon limit... I suppose you have a point. I'll consider about it in next update.
AvzinElkein wrote:It seems to be partially compatible with Chex Quest; the guns and keys are replaced, but the Flemoids remain Flemoids... Also, the episode list inadvertently uses the DOOM names instead of the Chex Quest names...
Flemoids being not replaced was intentional. Netronians shoots and bleeds so that kinda ruins the whole friendly-style of Chex Quest. Yes, i know the eilidh uses firearms to actually kill them, but still! They don't have to bleed and fling their own guts in red color anymore.

And about that problem, have you loaded NCMutator_FriendlyGreens after CJs_Netronian_Chaos?
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Captain J wrote:Like i said, you still can gather some ammo from dropped weapons by dropping your own or turning on the disable weapon limit... I suppose you have a point. I'll consider about it in next update.
AvzinElkein wrote:It seems to be partially compatible with Chex Quest; the guns and keys are replaced, but the Flemoids remain Flemoids... Also, the episode list inadvertently uses the DOOM names instead of the Chex Quest names...
Flemoids being not replaced was intentional. Netronians shoots and bleeds so that kinda ruins the whole friendly-style of Chex Quest. Yes, i know the eilidh uses firearms to actually kill them, but still! They don't have to bleed and fling their own guts in red color anymore.

And about that problem, have you loaded NCMutator_FriendlyGreens after CJs_Netronian_Chaos?
Yes, that fixed the issue, but you didn't include a custom message when ending Episode 1 of DOOM... (confused?)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Again, intentional. I thought it's unnecessary to add more extra details to DOOM 1 endings because it's mostly recommended to play with Doom 2, just like other gameplay mods nowadays. And no, i'm not confused.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Captain J wrote:Again, intentional. I thought it's unnecessary to add more extra details to DOOM 1 endings because it's mostly recommended to play with Doom 2, just like other gameplay mods nowadays. And no, i'm not confused.
Fair enough; I had a silly thought. What if Eilidh was sent out to investigate a hidden Netronian base in a medieval-esque world?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Like in Heretic, Hexen or maybe even in Strife? I'd love to, but sadly making custom maps nor compatibility patch for the mod is not my priority.

However, if anyone would like to make certain patches for others, be my guest!
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

insightguy wrote:@Captain J. no, what I mean is weapon pickups becoming ammo if you have a gun with the same ammo type (picking up a sawn-off gives ammo if you are full and have a shotgun). to make it easier, just add a button that toggles between ammo vacuum and gun pickup.
THIS. This is why I always play this mod with weapon limits turned OFF, because with weapon limits ON, I ALWAYS wind up either running out of ammo, or wind up having to keep a weapon I don't use on me so I can vacuum ammo for another gun, effectively limiting my arsenal.

All because I cannot easily 'vacuum' ammo from dropped guns that use the same ammo as a better weapon I'm currently carrying, but cannot collect said ammo because I cannot pickup the gun its in from being at weapons 'limit' and so as a result, I'm disallowed from picking up ammo for a weapon I already have. So a 'compromise' option on the weapon limits could be to allow you to 'vacuum like ammo' from dropped guns after you've hit the weapons limit would be a welcome playability improvement. Now the player can can play with the weapons limit turned ON as you originally intended, but no longer either starving for ammo from not being able to pick up like-ammo, or having to limit their arsenal to a crippling level by carrying 'trash guns' just so they can collect ammo for preferred guns that use the same ammo type as the 'trash guns'.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

You also have a point there. Plus seems like you've found the solution for it! Just turning on the disable weapon limit is probably the easiest way.
Facínora

Post by Facínora »

Dude... I'm in love with it. I fear that I need to show more than I did in the video I made for it.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Seen it and i loved it! And it seems i made Slot 8 weapons a lot powerful than i thought... Heheh. Very well detailed gameplay vid!
Ballistic5entinel

Post by Ballistic5entinel »

Ran into a pretty nasty bug. I've been playing with weapon limits on and I keep running into this issue where I can drop all my weapons but still have 6 full slots.

Screenshot of what I mean, I can't pick up that gun despite dropping everything.
Spoiler:
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Ballistic5entinel wrote:Ran into a pretty nasty bug. I've been playing with weapon limits on and I keep running into this issue where I can drop all my weapons but still have 6 full slots.

Are you dropping with the button from GZdoom or the custom button that captainJ added?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”