Netronian Chaos V.3.57: The Final, Last, Concluding Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Post by Captain J »

PlayerLin wrote:Also, any workarounds for users using non-widescreen resolution with the custom HUD? My default ini using 800x600 and the custom HUD's bombs part just invisible. Then I have other brand new ini with 1920x1080 and I can see the bombs part.
HOLY CRAWLY, why did i even missed this reply?... Anyway this mod is recommended/suited for widescreen resolution. But... Since i'm having the same resolution problem becaue my computer lags really hard, i'm considering about making another mutator that shows extra-bomb counter on the left.
Minor question/suggests: I noticed when using Chasecam, and I wondering about where is weapon when Eilidh's get killed, judging from her sprite, it just disappeared?!
I didn't wanted to add the falling weapon because it kinda makes her whole body visible. Also... Well, i don't like it when graphics are being complicated/disrupted.
Also, are you considering about make a crouch sprite set like the ZDooM's crouching Doomguy(PLYC**, you can found them in zd_extra.pk3\sprites\plyc\)? I think it would be nice small addition. But if you don't want then it's fine. :)
I wanted to. But since this mod is only for singleplay, i thought it was kinda unnecessary.

Anyway my apologies, and thanks for your reply. Even though i missed it somehow. :P
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Captain J wrote: Anyway my apologies, and thanks for your reply. Even though i missed it somehow. :P
...I were thought you just no interest/didn't care, now looks like how so silly I were. :P
Captain J wrote:HOLY CRAWLY, why did i even missed this reply?... Anyway this mod is recommended/suited for widescreen resolution. But... Since i'm having the same resolution problem becaue my computer lags really hard, i'm considering about making another mutator that shows extra-bomb counter on the left.
Now I made my default INI also using 1920x1080 for some other silly reasons only I know but...you know, not everyone using widescreen resolutions for their GZDooM so I think every modder should considering about this when designs their HUD.

Was played lot of mods/TCs' HUD looks not good at 800x600 or non-widescreen ones. :\
Spoiler: Stupid rant inside
Captain J wrote:I didn't wanted to add the falling weapon because it kinda makes her whole body visible. Also... Well, i don't like it when graphics are being complicated/disrupted.
Make sense, just considering that's my silly thought. :)
Captain J wrote:I wanted to. But since this mod is only for singleplay, i thought it was kinda unnecessary.
Okay I understand, I tend have weird habits about using Chasecam/3rd person camera to see shit(or just play with Chasecam on), just for aesthetics, squashed Eilidh's sprite(s) just looks bad for me... :3:
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

This sort of reminds me of salvo jettison and lizard-squad. pretty interesting!
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

Nice joke with the laser knife :D
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Hahah, yeah. I thought it would enlighten up the mod a bit.
Crudux Cruo wrote:This sort of reminds me of salvo jettison and lizard-squad. pretty interesting!
RSL's Adventures of salvo jettison? Frankly Jettison one has good and bizarre weaponry than mine, if you ask me! But thankie!
PlayerLin wrote:Now I made my default INI also using 1920x1080 for some other silly reasons only I know but...you know, not everyone using widescreen resolutions for their GZDooM so I think every modder should considering about this when designs their HUD.

Was played lot of mods/TCs' HUD looks not good at 800x600 or non-widescreen ones. :\
And that's how i'm considering about it. So stay tuned.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

While i'm working on the custom enemies, fixes, and voices for the enemies, i've updated the Mutator, Friendly Greens! It now features new difficulty texts, flemoids able to gib, new cartoony gib sfxs and the graphics. Check out the first page to download!
Captain J

Re: Netronian Chaos V.3: Cosmic Adventures With no Tendencie

Post by Captain J »

My and oh my. I did it. I truly have done it! Netronian Chaos has been updated to Version 3! For the past few days i was really silly and denying. But not anymore, man. I definitely picked up some informative Feedback and made the mod better. And i hope it IS actually better than previous versions.

Anyway here are some changes;
- Explosion sounds are way louder.
- Burst SMG now fires Wildweasel styled Projectile. Hope it makes more difference now.
- Some sound effects are replaced and improved.
- Throwing Dagger's pickup amound increased.
- Backpack will give you some Dagger ammo.
- Semi-auto Rifle's ammo spawn late increased.
- Some weapons' Accuracy are fixed and changed.
- Now you can turn off the Weapon-Limit at last! Have fun, ya Space-Sly Marbo!
- Some Powerups are Adjusted.
- F1 Help screens are now more helpful.
- Service Pistol now have own Alt-Fire; Sonic Shot! When Stealth time is needed, Sonic Shot will make them Silent! Don't ask me how this thing actually works. Heh.
- Berserk Effects are more detailed.
- EMP Damage is now affecting the player, Including the enemies. Also Certain enemy attacks will give you some debuffs. Plus, Some robot enemies are immune to EMP Damage and could be destroyed with ease!
- Fixed the Magazine Disappearing in Mid-air Bug.
- You can control her movement in Mid-Air!

And yes! Netronian Chaos now have... Well, Netronian Enemies! Replacing all existing vanilla ones. And they also have own Unique techniques to knock you over easily. So be careful!

Check out the First page. Thank you for reading, playing and enjoying my humble mod! I guess i finally completed one of my challenge. So yeah, hooray for that!

EDIT: Some voices of the enemies are all placeholder voice clips from certain video games. I'm slowly going to update the mod when there's more thankful volunteers voicing for more! So if interested, Please consider visit this Mini-Thread. Thanks!

DABLE-EDIT: Also some enemies may have bugs i couldn't find. Reporting some Bugs would be appreciated!
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Thank you thank you thank you for removing the weapon-limit! Its more reasons of maps that have plenty of weapon pickups but are stingy on ammo pickups (Git yer ammo from the zombies, soldier!) that this is needed. Now I'll try this mod again!
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Okay, first bug to report, it seems that the imp replacement's electroshock balls leave you permanently crippled and unable to run anymore if you get by several of them at once. Are you supposed to be momentarily stunned from taking a bunch of electro-shock ball hits at once? If so, the effect isn't wearing off like it should. Played through most of the Co-Op version of MAP03: The Gauntlet paralyzed practically until the last room when, thanks to being still perma-stunned, promptly got wasted by the Caco-replacements.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Yeah, i've noticed that too. And i think i know why. This often happens when you get shocked while firing your weapon, zoomed or not. For some reason i didn't added the extra pain state, i guess? So that's happening right now.

Thank you for your bug report. I'm going to fix it when i wake up!

EDIT: You know what? Never mind. I've just Fixed the bug, i think. Hope it never bothers us again! Please Download again!
dawnbreez

Post by dawnbreez »

Bug found: When you get zapped by the sentry droids, and subsequently kill the sentry droid while zapped, you remain zapped. Getting stuck like that is really annoying.
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

BEST MOD BEST MOD
MOD OF THE YEAR 2018
Besides the incredible amount of work gone into the enemies, you've added so much polish since the last version! :D
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Perma-stun from shock can still happen in the alt-fire mode of the VAR Semi-Auto Rifle, however, the 'stun-state' clears as soon as you get out of the alt-fire mode.

Otherwise, yes, gotta agree so far with Skelegant! Mod's utterly kick-arse and super fun to play now!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Alrighty. I just woke up and fixed the bug once again. Semi-Auto Rifle While laser beam turned on is now immune to speed Debuff. This is not a glitch nor feature... But frustrating intentional measure.

Re-Download again. And thank you so much for playing and liking my doom mod, as always!

EDIT: Also Machine Carbine's fire sound won't stop when the player dies. But not anymore!
Lime

Post by Lime »

This Update.....It's Awesome!
- Everything in this Update has been a blast! It has given me a challenge and this mod brings it to me.
:rock:Rock On! :rock:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”