[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Smashhacker

Re: [AA/BTSX PREVIEWS!] FINAL DOOMER

Post by Smashhacker »

So are classes based on Hell to Pay and Perdition's Gate included in this update, or do we have to wait until the next, next update for that?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Smashhacker wrote:So are classes based on Hell to Pay and Perdition's Gate included in this update, or do we have to wait until the next, next update for that?
Based on what's been said, the next update focuses on Back to Saturn X, JPCP, and Ancient Aliens. I recall some brainstorming for further classes, but those are to my knowledge only on paper.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Heh, Epic2Guy in the distant future hahah. :D
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

personally, i think i were the only one that voted for Talosianguy. :P
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Smashhacker wrote:So are classes based on Hell to Pay and Perdition's Gate included in this update, or do we have to wait until the next, next update for that?
That'd be like, four updates away, if it ever even happens at all.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom wrote:personally, i think i were the only one that voted for Talosianguy. :P
;__; rip talosianguy
wildweasel wrote:Based on what's been said, the next update focuses on Back to Saturn X, JPCP, and Ancient Aliens. I recall some brainstorming for further classes, but those are to my knowledge only on paper.
Exactly.

We also will not be working on Final Doomer, apart from bugfixing, after the 2.0 release. We'll be switching to long awaited other projects, trying to cut down on the infinite unfinished projects we (I) have.
We will return eventually to this, but it won't be anytime soon.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I wouldn't mind if when you come back to this it's still the top three in a poll that make it in, but you release updates one class at a time. I'm sure each one could easily keep me occupied until the next.

Lately, I was wondering what you might do if the Hell on Earth Starter Pack won one of these polls (not that I really want it to). I imagine two or three of the weapons in it would be taken directly from FreeDoom with barely any changes made.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Bug report: Weapon pickups give the same amount of ammo regardless of being placed in a map or dropped by enemies. The only exception is picking up a weapon for the first time. Yet, Doomguy's first chaingun comes with 50 bullets and 20 afterwards, while for example TNTGuy's Dual Uzis come also with 50 bullets, but every subsequent pickup is worth 60 bullets. Hope this gets fixed for the upcoming release :D
CasualScrub
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by CasualScrub »

Just tried this out for the first time. I really like it! Adds a nice new feel to the game while keeping it pretty vanilla

Edit: Perhaps this has been answered elsewhere, but why do you move so much slower than normal Doom?
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

CasualScrub wrote:why do you move so much slower than normal Doom?
Uhhh, we didn't.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

CasualScrub wrote:but why do you move so much slower than normal Doom?
Maybe turn always run on.
CasualScrub
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by CasualScrub »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:
CasualScrub wrote:why do you move so much slower than normal Doom?
Uhhh, we didn't.
Yes he does. His speed is slower compared to regular Doom. If this is on purpose, I just want to know why.
Slax wrote:
CasualScrub wrote:but why do you move so much slower than normal Doom?
Maybe turn always run on.
I prefer not using always run, just because I feel more in control when I can go between your normal speed and a sprint.
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

if you dont have always run on then you should not be complaining about speed
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

SiFi270 wrote:I imagine two or three of the weapons in it would be taken directly from FreeDoom with barely any changes made.
That's kinda anathema to the whole idea of Final Doomer, really, heh. We want to make cool stuff, not use something that already exists with no changes.
DabbingSquidward wrote:Bug report: Weapon pickups give the same amount of ammo regardless of being placed in a map or dropped by enemies. The only exception is picking up a weapon for the first time. Yet, Doomguy's first chaingun comes with 50 bullets and 20 afterwards, while for example TNTGuy's Dual Uzis come also with 50 bullets, but every subsequent pickup is worth 60 bullets. Hope this gets fixed for the upcoming release :D
The starting ammo was indeed off and has already been tweaked for 2.0. As for the ammo pickups, not a bug, intended.
CasualScrub wrote:Yes he does. His speed is slower compared to regular Doom. If this is on purpose, I just want to know why.
It's something I do in all my mods. In reality, walking speed is not half the speed of a car, so I drop it down to something sensible.
If it bothers you, simply comment the line out in the player classes.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I think the fact that the weapons bob faster makes walking feel slower because there's more of a visual mismatch than there is with vanilla. But they should actually be the same despite that, so it's just kind of a placebo thing.oh never mind
Yholl wrote:
SiFi270 wrote:I imagine two or three of the weapons in it would be taken directly from FreeDoom with barely any changes made.
That's kinda anathema to the whole idea of Final Doomer, really, heh. We want to make cool stuff, not use something that already exists with no changes.
It was meant as a jab at how that's what's done with some levels in the starter pack, so I figured being just as lazy with the weapons would be as fitting for the megawad as spamming the TNT logo for TNTguy's weapons. Never mind it was just a hilarious joke but I had to explain it so it wasn't hilarious.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

SiFi270 wrote:It was meant as a jab at how that's what's done with some levels in the starter pack
OH RIGHT HOW COULD I FORGET
ahahahsadfasjkfrbdsg

Yeah sorry, I usually only play the Hell on Earth section onwards, I don't particularly like the early levels so I forgot about that, ahahaha.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”