HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.0.1 + HUD (Updated 15 Nov 2017)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP] HeXeReTiC Fantasy v0.777

Postby ArcheKruz » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:58 am

Quick question, what map packs did you use as a testbed for development, and what map packs would you recommend we run this with?
User avatar
ArcheKruz
 
Joined: 26 Aug 2012

Re: [WIP] HeXeReTiC Fantasy v0.777

Postby Hexereticdoom » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:47 am

ArcheKruz wrote:Quick question, what map packs did you use as a testbed for development, and what map packs would you recommend we run this with?

Hello ArcheKruz, I just mainly use the Heretic base IWAD (SotSR version), and actually my preferred testing fields are some maps from Episode 2, specially E2M1 and E2M6.

And like I said in the addon's description, you can use it with any map pack, except those that makes big tweaks to the gameplay, monsters or weapons. There are several recommended ones like Heretic Treasure Chest, Call of the Apostate, Curse of D'sparil, Elf Gets Pissed, HYMN, History of Fruit, etc. And furthermore, you can also use the addon with auto-generated PWADs made with Oblige or Obhack. :winker:
User avatar
Hexereticdoom
Don't make me angry or I'll bite you! Heheheee...
 
Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Location: Spain

Re: [WIP] HeXeReTiC Fantasy v0.789 + HUD v0.1

Postby Hexereticdoom » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:47 pm

OK guys, new update is ready for being downloaded, including the new HeXeReTiC HUD as I promised! :D

Here is a small preview:

Image

Check the first post for more info and getting the links... :wink:

Enjoy and have fun, everyone! 8-)
User avatar
Hexereticdoom
Don't make me angry or I'll bite you! Heheheee...
 
Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Location: Spain

Re: [WIP] HeXeReTiC Fantasy v0.789 + HUD v0.1

Postby -Ghost- » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:02 pm

Hmm, I'm getting a script warning and can't run this newest version on the lastest GZDoom SVN, last version ran fine.

Code: Select allExpand view
Script warning, "HEXERETIC_FANTASY_V0.789.WAD:AMMO" line 15:
Icon 'INAMGLD' for '_GoldWandAmmo_' not found

Script warning, "HEXERETIC_FANTASY_V0.789.WAD:AMMO" line 62:
Icon 'INAMBOW' for '_CrossbowAmmo_' not found

Script warning, "HEXERETIC_FANTASY_V0.789.WAD:AMMO" line 107:
Icon 'INAMBST' for '_BlasterAmmo_' not found

Script warning, "HEXERETIC_FANTASY_V0.789.WAD:AMMO" line 203:
Icon 'INAMRAM' for '_SkullRodAmmo_' not found

Script warning, "HEXERETIC_FANTASY_V0.789.WAD:AMMO" line 299:
Icon 'INAMPNX' for '_PhoenixRodAmmo_' not found

Script warning, "HEXERETIC_FANTASY_V0.789.WAD:AMMO" line 349:
Icon 'INAMLOB' for '_MaceAmmo_' not found

Script warning, "HEXERETIC_FANTASY_V0.789.WAD:ARTIFACT" line 27:
Icon 'SHLDA0' for '_SilverShield_' not found

Script warning, "HEXERETIC_FANTASY_V0.789.WAD:ARTIFACT" line 44:
Icon 'SHD2A0' for '_EnchantedShield_' not found

script parsing took 147.14 ms
R_Init: Init Doom refresh subsystem.
DecalLibrary: Load decals.
M_Init: Init menus.
P_Init: Init Playloop state.

Execution could not continue.

R_InstallSprite: Sprite MNTR frame E is missing rotations
User avatar
-Ghost-
 
Joined: 08 Sep 2010

Re: [WIP] HeXeReTiC Fantasy v0.789 + HUD v0.1

Postby Hexereticdoom » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:23 pm

-Ghost- wrote:Hmm, I'm getting a script warning and can't run this newest version on the lastest GZDoom SVN, last version ran fine.

I see... It might be a temporal bug or glitch related to development releases, because latest stable versions of GZDoom (3.1.0 and 3.2.0) run the addon without any problem.
User avatar
Hexereticdoom
Don't make me angry or I'll bite you! Heheheee...
 
Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Location: Spain

Re: [WIP] HeXeReTiC Fantasy v0.789 + HUD v0.1

Postby -Ghost- » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:36 pm

Hmm, I'll try it with the official versions. I hadn't actually updated my SVN before that, so it was just odd that it worked for the last version of the mod but not this one.
User avatar
-Ghost-
 
Joined: 08 Sep 2010

Re: [WIP] HeXeReTiC Fantasy v0.789 + HUD v0.1

Postby Hexereticdoom » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:49 pm

Just a little announce for everyone: the addon is almost ready to abandon the WIP phase, and v1.0 is gonna be released very, very soon! :D

It has been a quite busy time for me lately, but near the 90% of the work is already completed, so expect easily a fresh release in a couple of days...

Until then, keep staying tuned mates! :wink:
User avatar
Hexereticdoom
Don't make me angry or I'll bite you! Heheheee...
 
Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Location: Spain

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.0 + HUD (Updated 12 Nov 2017)

Postby Hexereticdoom » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:03 pm

OK dudes, stable version 1.0 is released and ready for download! :joker:

Check more details and get the updated links at the first post, as usual. And please don't forget reporting possible bugs and glitches, if you find any... :wink:

Enjoy and have fun, everyone! 8-)
User avatar
Hexereticdoom
Don't make me angry or I'll bite you! Heheheee...
 
Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Location: Spain

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.0 + HUD (Updated 12 Nov 2017)

Postby Korell » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:02 pm

If this is designed for use with the Heretic IWAD, then should I enable jumping or not? Only the base game didn't have jumping but you state in the description that Corvus III can pick up more health and ammo, run faster and jump higher than his memorable grandfather.

Oh, and having played through the first three levels on episode 1, there seems to be something off with the transparency on some pickups, as if it is a negative of the image. Here are two screenshots, the first showing an ice shard, the second showing an ogre mask pickup.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuJ5mA00BwgahH1UTxno6JAyo_wS
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuJ5mA00BwgahHxXgT1ZGe87j6Rp

Note that these screenshots are just two such examples. I've also seen this effect with the vitality crystal vial, defense crystal vial, some gems, median runes and the diamond turrets.

Lastly, is the vitality crystal vial meant to refill your health or just increase your max health by 5? Only it does both.
User avatar
Korell
 
Joined: 28 May 2017

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.0 + HUD (Updated 12 Nov 2017)

Postby Hexereticdoom » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:34 pm

Korell wrote:If this is designed for use with the Heretic IWAD, then should I enable jumping or not? Only the base game didn't have jumping but you state in the description that Corvus III can pick up more health and ammo, run faster and jump higher than his memorable grandfather.

Well, that depends on the personal preferences of each player. Some users may prefer the jumping ability activated like in Hexen, and others may prefer act in 'classic Heretic' mode and not able to jump at all. So you can choose between those two options, and select the most suitable for you.

Korell wrote:Oh, and having played through the first three levels on episode 1, there seems to be something off with the transparency on some pickups, as if it is a negative of the image. Here are two screenshots, the first showing an ice shard, the second showing an ogre mask pickup.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuJ5mA00BwgahH1UTxno6JAyo_wS
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuJ5mA00BwgahHxXgT1ZGe87j6Rp

Note that these screenshots are just two such examples. I've also seen this effect with the vitality crystal vial, defense crystal vial, some gems, median runes and the diamond turrets.

I see... It seems it is necessary to view them correctly activating in GZDoom's OpenGL options one of the available Tonemap Modes. The fact is in my case I always have activated the Linear mode, and I haven't noticed before that all the addon items with the subtract renderstyle property are presented like blurred shadows, so sorry about it... :|

So please turn on one of the Tonemap Modes in OpenGL options, and the problem should get fixed.

Hmmm, perhaps I should include this extra warning in first post...

Korell wrote:Lastly, is the vitality crystal vial meant to refill your health or just increase your max health by 5? Only it does both.

The Vitality Crystal Vial acts in a similar way like the upgrading stamina items of Strife game, so it has a quite high utility in critical situations. In other words, yes, this item makes intentionally both things at once. :wink:
User avatar
Hexereticdoom
Don't make me angry or I'll bite you! Heheheee...
 
Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Location: Spain

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.0 + HUD (Updated 12 Nov 2017)

Postby Korell » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:55 pm

Hexereticdoom wrote:It seems it is necessary to view them correctly activating in GZDoom's OpenGL options one of the available Tonemap Modes. The fact is in my case I always have activated the Linear mode, and I haven't noticed before that all the addon items with the subtract renderstyle property are presented like blurred shadows, so sorry about it... :|

So please turn on one of the Tonemap Modes in OpenGL options, and the problem should get fixed.

Hmmm, perhaps I should include this extra warning in first post...

Ah, I see. I've never used the tonemap options before. I've just tried changing it and does make the sprites appear better, but it also changes the overall brightness. Is there any reason why the Subtract renderstyle is used instead of, say, the Translucent or SoulTrans renderstyles?

EDIT: Changing the tonemap doesn't fix everything. Some of the weapons, when they fire, the sparkle trails they leave behind are not correctly coloured (again appearing as negatives). For instance the wand that fires red projectiles leaves greenish sparkles behind the projectiles, and the one that fires the purple projectiles that summon allies leaves some kind of dark green after-image effect. As such, what I've now done is go through your WAD and replace all instances of Subtract with Translucent (the files affected are AMMO, ARTIFACT, DECOITEM, ENEMIES and WEAPONS). Now everything appears fine.
User avatar
Korell
 
Joined: 28 May 2017

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.0 + HUD (Updated 12 Nov 2017)

Postby -Ghost- » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:09 pm

Disregard my concerns about getting errors, it took me this long to realize it works with Heretic only. :P Any plans to expand it to the other games?
User avatar
-Ghost-
 
Joined: 08 Sep 2010

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.0.1 + HUD (Updated 15 Nov 2017)

Postby Hexereticdoom » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:49 pm

OK mates, I have released some instants ago a bugfix version of H-Fantasy, for fixing those game elements previously rendered in subtractive mode and tweaked all of them to standard translucency (not additive), due to appearing as blurred shadows under certain GZDoom's display setup.

If you are experiencing those visual issues, please get the v1.0.1 release ASAP. (Special thanks to Korell for bug reporting and for his provided solution). :thumb:

More details and updated download links at first post!

-Ghost- wrote:Disregard my concerns about getting errors, it took me this long to realize it works with Heretic only. :P Any plans to expand it to the other games?

OK, do not worry... And yes, this addon is exclusive for Heretic, although a fragment of 'Hexen' word is included in the addon's title... :tongue:

Do you mean expanding the addon to Doom, Hexen and Strife? Ouch... I'm sorry, but that would mean LOTS of work and time, and it may be not worth it... (Anyway, if anyone else want to give it a try, he/she will have all my support).

Anyway, don't forget you have still available my other addon/mod for Doom, the H-Project... :wink:
User avatar
Hexereticdoom
Don't make me angry or I'll bite you! Heheheee...
 
Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Location: Spain

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.0.1 + HUD (Updated 15 Nov 2017)

Postby Doomenator » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:39 am

Sound STFCRK looks like a side effect in the form of crackling.
Spoiler:
User avatar
Doomenator
 
Joined: 31 Mar 2015

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: affandede, Amujing, Bing [Bot], Discord [Bot], Korell, leodoom85 and 11 guests