DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Yholl

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by Yholl »

A_D_M_E_R_A_L wrote:If only the NM Mastermind had pain frames, I'd gladly used them in my mod =(
It's not for use in other projects without permission, much like any other DRLA-specific assets.
A_D_M_E_R_A_L
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by A_D_M_E_R_A_L »

Yholl wrote:
A_D_M_E_R_A_L wrote:If only the NM Mastermind had pain frames, I'd gladly used them in my mod =(
It's not for use in other projects without permission, much like any other DRLA-specific assets.
I'm saying if *only* that Mastermind had pain frames, I'd ask first, then use it. Speaking of which, were the pain frames for that Mastermind made and not included because... reasons?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

A_D_M_E_R_A_L wrote:Speaking of which, were the pain frames for that Mastermind made and not included because... reasons?
I'm not sure, was quite a while back now. The person that made it, Seryder, was quite destroyed making this thing, so either it was too much effort and he wanted it done and gone, or I told him it wasn't necessary due to how it acts. It's probably the latter, but I'm not sure.
It never had pain frames made.

In other news, DRLA going on will likely have a kerjillion harmless startup errors. There's no way around it, and they don't cause problems, so whatever. The most it does is just hamper my ability to find actual problems, so it's not much of a big deal.
A_D_M_E_R_A_L
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by A_D_M_E_R_A_L »

I'm not sure, was quite a while back now. The person that made it, Seryder, was quite destroyed making this thing, so either it was too much effort and he wanted it done and gone, or I told him it wasn't necessary due to how it acts. It's probably the latter, but I'm not sure.
It never had pain frames made.

In other news, DRLA going on will likely have a kerjillion harmless startup errors. There's no way around it, and they don't cause problems, so whatever. The most it does is just hamper my ability to find actual problems, so it's not much of a big deal.
Guess I have to improvise on which set of frames I'd consider as pain frames, if you allow me to do that.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

A_D_M_E_R_A_L wrote:Guess I have to improvise on which set of frames I'd consider as pain frames, if you allow me to do that.
PM me the details of what it's for, and I'll consider it.

ImageImage
crossposting from the gnucasterer thread, many durla monsterinos were made ded by dragon
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ramon.dexter »

Hi, I wanted to ask, what are the levels in the first post? I would love to play them.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i know the first two screenshots are from Hellcore 2.0 and Whitemare 2, respectively, but i haven't played the other ones. it looks like it's more Russian Doom levels though.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

So.. DRLAM will get a Guncaster compatibility then?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

4thcharacter wrote:So.. DRLAM will get a Guncaster compatibility then?
That is indeed what those images show, yes.
Compatibility with LegenDoom, Lithium, and Guncaster.
Hopefully more in the future. If there are any mods you'd like to see compatible, let me know and I'll look into it.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Yholl wrote:
4thcharacter wrote:So.. DRLAM will get a Guncaster compatibility then?
That is indeed what those images show, yes.
Compatibility with LegenDoom, Lithium, and Guncaster.
Hopefully more in the future. If there are any mods you'd like to see compatible, let me know and I'll look into it.

Is the guncaster patch going to be on a different separate file? Speaking of Guncaster, does this mean that DoomRLA would be incompatible or won't be based or made just for ZDoom 2.1.1 or GZDoom 1.9.1 only anymore? Guncaser has tons of features making it not run with the said G/ZDoom versions.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Would absolutely love to see compatibility with Demonsteele but I have a feeling that it'll just be a HUGE pain in the ass due to all the animations and other such things (like making hitscanners fire tracers in such a way that would retain the same balance with DRLAM) that are required. Though I'm not sure if I'm remembering this right but I think at some point somebody did this with Colorful Hell.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

4thcharacter wrote:Is the guncaster patch going to be on a different separate file?
Nope, monsterpack comes with it, just needs to be loaded after gnucasterer.
4thcharacter wrote:Speaking of Guncaster, does this mean that DoomRLA would be incompatible or won't be based or made just for ZDoom 2.1.1 or GZDoom 1.9.1 only anymore? Guncaser has tons of features making it not run with the said G/ZDoom versions.
Nope, Guncaster has many new GZDoom features, but this is just simple damagetype and item drop shenanigans, along with a sprinkling of flashy stuff. Nothing new added at all.
It's not for those versions you said anyway, it's for ZDoom 2.8.1/GZDoom 2.1.1.
Someone64 wrote:Would absolutely love to see compatibility with Demonsteele but I have a feeling that it'll just be a HUGE pain in the ass due to all the animations and other such things (like making hitscanners fire tracers in such a way that would retain the same balance with DRLAM) that are required.
I technically already have a small amount of Demonsteele compat, but it's just for the item drops. I can totally add the tracers though, that'd be easy, I already do that for something else.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Just curious, why guncaster? Did you and pillow have some sort of agreement or was this just a "fuck it i'm bored" situation?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

insightguy wrote:Just curious, why guncaster? Did you and pillow have some sort of agreement or was this just a "fuck it i'm bored" situation?
I talk to Pillow a lot, is friendulon.
He was interesting in doing such a thing, but I wanted to wait till after I finished this update before I tried it. He did some stuff on his end for it, and his enthusiasm migrated to me and I ended up throwing myself at the rewrite necessary for this.
Glad I did, it's pretty cool.

In anycase, I can add reactions to things across all monsters really easy now, due to the massive amount of inheritance I now use. Stuff like monsters melting, turning to ash, being electrocuted, etc., like Guncaster.
Doomguy914

Post by Doomguy914 »

Yholl wrote:
insightguy wrote:Just curious, why guncaster? Did you and pillow have some sort of agreement or was this just a "fuck it i'm bored" situation?
I talk to Pillow a lot, is friendulon.
He was interesting in doing such a thing, but I wanted to wait till after I finished this update before I tried it. He did some stuff on his end for it, and his enthusiasm migrated to me and I ended up throwing myself at the rewrite necessary for this.
Glad I did, it's pretty cool.

In anycase, I can add reactions to things across all monsters really easy now, due to the massive amount of inheritance I now use. Stuff like monsters melting, turning to ash, being electrocuted, etc., like Guncaster.
That sounds pretty damn awesome. Maybe I can rely on those different death types to help stem some archivile resurrections, instead of relying solely on skulls.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”