Zion V08 WIP

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheCamaleonMaligno

Re: Zion V07 (DOOM 4 in DooM 2) WIP

Post by TheCamaleonMaligno »

Shadez12 wrote:Found a bug: killing a Cyberdemon while charging its laser will have its charging FX stay and continuously grow in size
Darn, i tought i fixed that before
doomguy214

Ammo does not drop every time i kill a shotguner or chaingun

Post by doomguy214 »

I Noticed a bug using z doom latest drd team build from here:https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/zdoom/zdo ... 4f21ff2.7z
Weapon does not drop every time i kill a shotguner or chaingunner. It randomly drops from chaingunner or shotgunner.

Is this a bug or its intenational
SoundOfDarkness

Post by SoundOfDarkness »

The high-res doesn't seem to work for the weapons or aren't there any high-res weapon sprites? Well, the HQ sprites files, that was uploaded to MODDB on September 5th doesn't work either.
mutator

Post by mutator »

Yeah it's disappointing to see new zion has bad sprites.. Also no multiplayer guns.. You think it was worth the wait? To me it seems the mod was rushed to be released... Alot of things need improvement
TheCamaleonMaligno

Re: Zion V08 WIP

doomguy214 wrote:I Noticed a bug using z doom latest drd team build from here:https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/zdoom/zdo ... 4f21ff2.7z
Weapon does not drop every time i kill a shotguner or chaingunner. It randomly drops from chaingunner or shotgunner.

it's intentional
SoundOfDarkness wrote:The high-res doesn't seem to work for the weapons or aren't there any high-res weapon sprites? Well, the HQ sprites files, that was uploaded to MODDB on September 5th doesn't work either.
uhm that's strange, i'll try to check what's happening here
mutator wrote:Yeah it's disappointing to see new zion has bad sprites.. Also no multiplayer guns.. You think it was worth the wait? To me it seems the mod was rushed to be released... Alot of things need improvement
thanks for the feedback mah boi
DoomKrakken

Re: Ammo does not drop every time i kill a shotguner or chai

Post by DoomKrakken »

doomguy214 wrote:I Noticed a bug using z doom latest drd team build from here:https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/zdoom/zdo ... 4f21ff2.7z

I believe it's intentional. Remember that in DOOM monsters never drop weapons, and weapons weren't very common to find. In order to help maintain that aspect, but also to have Shotguns/Chainguns/Heavy Assault Rifles available in maps that only provide them via Shotgunners/Chaingunners, they only drop those weapons sometimes.

@mutator

Of course it was worth the wait. So what if the weapon sprites are still crispy? The effects are what to go for now. AND BY GRAVY, the explosions, BFG effects, and Gauss Cannon effects are ASTOUNDING. :D

I did notice a couple of bugs during some playtesting...
- Plasma Rifle cannot fire while the Heat Blast is cooling down.
- On some levels, Rocket Launcher's sprites turn into black squares while firing.
TheCamaleonMaligno

Re: Ammo does not drop every time i kill a shotguner or chai

DoomKrakken wrote: - Plasma Rifle cannot fire while the Heat Blast is cooling down.
- On some levels, Rocket Launcher's sprites turn into black squares while firing.
- Yes, i made that intentionally, when i played doom'16 i remember the plasma rifle to get stuck while its heatblast was cooling.
- Uhm i'm not sure but i think that means you ran out of ram, that happened to me with some other big mods too
SoundOfDarkness

mutator wrote:Also no multiplayer guns.
I don't need the MP guns. Some of them are nice but there can be too many weapons. For example look at D4T. I really like that mod but I think they have too many weapons. Of course that's just my opinion but I guess I'm not alone with that thought.
TheCamaleonMaligno wrote:
SoundOfDarkness wrote:The high-res doesn't seem to work for the weapons or aren't there any high-res weapon sprites? Well, the HQ sprites files, that was uploaded to MODDB on September 5th doesn't work either.
uhm that's strange, i'll try to check what's happening here
I was wondering how the high-res should work when the full mod is smaller in file size than the HQ pack alone. If it helps: I'm using the latest stable Zandronum 3.0.
Last edited by SoundOfDarkness on Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

MP guns aren't at all necessary. I'm just doing singleplayer. If doing multiplayer deathmatch, then I can see it being necessary. But all of the weapons found in singleplayer are also available in multiplayer.

@TheCamaleonMaligno Holy cow, I'm looking through many of the gameplay vids I watched beforehand which had the Heat Blast, and now I'm noticing that they're not firing while it's cooling down. They've usually upgraded it to a point that it takes so little time to cool down completely.
LukasG2004
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by LukasG2004 »

15 Weapons? I only see 11. Unless you add MP weapons.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Even the sprites not being in HD I liked the Mod, but most of the DooM 2016-based mods that the staff did are pretty cool.

My question about this Zion is it about the weapons mods, are they enabled when killing a certain number of enemies?

I do not find easy them playing Ultimate Doom on Normal difficulty.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Doctrine Gamer wrote:Even the sprites not being in HD I liked the Mod, but most of the DooM 2016-based mods that the staff did are pretty cool.

My question about this Zion is it about the weapons mods, are they enabled when killing a certain number of enemies?

I do not find easy them playing Ultimate Doom on Normal difficulty.
you press the weapon mod switch key located in the options.
(default bind is R i presume)
SoundOfDarkness

I think he wants to how to get the mods, not how to activate.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

SoundOfDarkness wrote:I think he wants to how to get the mods, not how to activate.
I would like to know this :D

I'm in the middle of the campaign and nothing to find mods, is there anything to do with Doom I? :shrug:

I have not tested on Doom 2 yet. :nope:

YukesVonFaust

"you press the weapon mod switch key located in the options.
(default bind is R i presume)"

It was not exactly that, but I thank you anyway, my friend. :thumb:

EDIT: Finally I found a Mod for weapon, the progression that is kind of slow, I thought it was a problem with my version but I see that it is not.
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

OK about the whole "HQ sprites not working" issue, guys, how are you loading that file with the ZION v8 Code PK3 file?

I'm using ZDL, and I have the code PK3 (only) in my loading order as first and the HQ sprites as 2nd and it works perfectly fine.

Also mod is great, but I'm getting a lot of crashes (and its usually due to having the monster prediction CVAR on and other SFX stuff, but it's just the monster prediction CVAR that's been causing the most trouble for me). A suggestion: Make the shit mods spawn more often than the really good mods. IE: make the following spawn more:
-Charge burst
-Lock on Burst (compared to remote detonate, it's not overkill)
-Heat Blast
-Gatling Rotator
-Precision Bolt
-Tactical Scope

The other weapon mod spawning chances are fine, however. I think just those should spawn a bit more often. Other than that, great job Malingo and Saph and the whole ZION Team!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”