[1/31/2022] Doom Delta v2.5.0! (+ mapping starter kit!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Retraux Squid

Re: Doom Delta v1.1 - Evil has been unleashed!

Post by Retraux Squid »

DrPyspy wrote:
Retraux Squid wrote: Perhaps, though, you could include an option for the two square screens on each side to be more flush with the rest of the helmet instead of sticking out; it's rather weird to have them cut in so jarringly to the rest of the helmet.
I'm having trouble visualizing this, what do you have in mind?
The weapon/ammo and minimap screens rather jarringly stick out from the rest of the helmet. Including an option to make them contour more flushly to the helmet edges (or at least have the helmet extend around them slightly) would make them look aesthetically superior.
Gordon228

Post by Gordon228 »

just wanted to post my work on the alpha hud aka the slim version viewtopic.php?f=46&t=50658 but yours is modified for your mod witch is nice.
Elie(T)Zerg

Post by Elie(T)Zerg »

Damm I was searching for somethig like this... Awesome work man, i wating for the next release
Gordon228

Post by Gordon228 »

Retraux Squid wrote:
DrPyspy wrote:
Retraux Squid wrote: Perhaps, though, you could include an option for the two square screens on each side to be more flush with the rest of the helmet instead of sticking out; it's rather weird to have them cut in so jarringly to the rest of the helmet.
I'm having trouble visualizing this, what do you have in mind?
The weapon/ammo and minimap screens rather jarringly stick out from the rest of the helmet. Including an option to make them contour more flushly to the helmet edges (or at least have the helmet extend around them slightly) would make them look aesthetically superior.
thats how the hud looked in the alpha it was featured in.
Korell

Post by Korell »

Just tried this and my standard settings for GZDoom are to run it fullscreen. However, as my monitor is 16:10 (I hope to replace it soon with a 16:9) all I got on the screen was a message about the aspect ratio being unsupported. I understand that this mod is trying to replicate the pre-release version of the game, but is there no way to force the screen to be pillarboxed fullscreen within GZDoom so that I can still use my native 1680x1050 resolution? Only I'd rather not played windowed and if I use a 4:3 screen resolution with GPU scaling then it still isn't my native screen resolution.
DrPyspy
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows XP Gangster Edition

Post by DrPyspy »

Retraux Squid wrote:The weapon/ammo and minimap screens rather jarringly stick out from the rest of the helmet. Including an option to make them contour more flushly to the helmet edges (or at least have the helmet extend around them slightly) would make them look aesthetically superior.
Personally I like the way the helmet HUD looks right now, so this sounds like add-on territory. Sounds like an interesting idea though!
Elie(T)Zerg wrote:Damm I was searching for somethig like this... Awesome work man, i wating for the next release
Thanks! The next release is coming soon.
Korell wrote:Just tried this and my standard settings for GZDoom are to run it fullscreen. However, as my monitor is 16:10 (I hope to replace it soon with a 16:9) all I got on the screen was a message about the aspect ratio being unsupported. I understand that this mod is trying to replicate the pre-release version of the game, but is there no way to force the screen to be pillarboxed fullscreen within GZDoom so that I can still use my native 1680x1050 resolution? Only I'd rather not played windowed and if I use a 4:3 screen resolution with GPU scaling then it still isn't my native screen resolution.
The next version will feature 16:10 support for the helmet HUD, so this should fix your problem. :D I'm also thinking about a setting to force the aspect ratio of the helmet HUD as a fallback solution in case people have an unsupported aspect ratio.
Facínora

Post by Facínora »

I loved to play, review and make a video about this. I like now you are being able to bring together all this unused content in a coherent and fun fashion.

By the way, the nazis aren't recharging the Dark Claw or the Unmaker. Is this supposed to be this way?
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Facínora wrote:By the way, the nazis aren't recharging the Dark Claw or the Unmaker. Is this supposed to be this way?
Nazis don't have souls, silly!
DrPyspy

Re: Doom Delta v2.0 BETA TEST!

Post by DrPyspy »

Facínora wrote:I loved to play, review and make a video about this. I like now you are being able to bring together all this unused content in a coherent and fun fashion.

By the way, the nazis aren't recharging the Dark Claw or the Unmaker. Is this supposed to be this way?
Thanks for the video! It's awesome to see some gameplay. The nazis not recharging the demon weapons is an oversight, I'll look into fixing it.

ALSO BETA RELEASE

Here you go everyone! A playable beta of 2.0 is now released. Right here. Please note that all features are subject to change, or may be exclusive to the beta. Some features may even be missing or unfinished! Do not let this deter you from offering criticism or suggestions! If you want a good idea of what you'll find in this build, consult the early changelog below. If you encounter any bugs or crashes, please let me know in the thread, in the Discord, or in my PMs. Have fun! In my tests I was able to complete two full episodes of Doom 1, with Doom 2 having yet to be completed.

Doom Delta v2.0 BETA TEST!
Spoiler: Early v2.0 Changelog
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Only GZDoom 2.4.0 is supported?
DrPyspy

Post by DrPyspy »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Only GZDoom 2.4.0 is supported?
Only GZDoom versions 3.1.0 and after, due to the reliance on ZScript.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Then why do I get the following error?

Script error, "DoomDelta.pk3:zscript.txt" line 1:
Version mismatch. 2.5.0 expected but only 2.4.0 supported
DrPyspy

Post by DrPyspy »

What version of GZDoom are you using?
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Nevermind. I just updated my Doom Delta installation with GZDoom 3.1 and now it is working.

I have to say, I really like the Machine Gun: the vanilla Chaingun's accuracy and fire rate makes much more sense with it than the Chaingun.

I see the Berserk item now increases melee damage as it should. However, it does not make me automatically switch to the Bayonet. Is that intentional?
DrPyspy

Post by DrPyspy »

It should automatically switch to the bayonet, I'll fix that now.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”