Ultimate Torment & Torture (New Screens p.26)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Postby Shadelight » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:13 am

We'll still see through it either way. :P
Shadelight
You must construct additional lumber.

Discord: Shadelight#4920

Postby Phobus » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:18 am

It's the date, you see :P

Also, it's become second nature for me to disbelieve everything I read on the internet, and scrutinise important things before allowing myself to go along with it. Important things in this case being me remembering what the date is :laff:

Anyway, enough jokes, get back to work ;)
Phobus
Registered Occasional Lurker

Postby Tormentor667 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:35 am

Yeah, good news:
Ultimate Torment & Torture nears completion!
Torment & Torture 3 is finally done, now the only things left to do are simple bugfixes in TNT:LE and the Boss Arena in TNT4 (also final beta tests, but that shouldn't take too long!) Stay tuned! ;)
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Shadelight » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:37 am

Hey, it looks like a portal now. :P
Shadelight

Postby Alterworldruler » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:59 am

Tormentor667 wrote:Yeah, good news:
Ultimate Torment & Torture nears completion!
Torment & Torture 3 is finally done, now the only things left to do are simple bugfixes in TNT:LE and the Boss Arena in TNT4 (also final beta tests, but that shouldn't take too long!) Stay tuned! ;)
It's nice so far..... it definitely looks like portal
Alterworldruler
Crushing your soul, $9,99 per day!

Postby Shadelight » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:38 am

You don't need to quote the image. :P
Shadelight

Postby Tormentor667 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:54 am

Well, that's a bad coincidence but I don't think that I will change that... I mean,... it's a rune, who cares if it looks like an arrow?! :)

BTW, here is a very interesting status report on The Ultimate Torment & Torture: I have worked all day long on Episode 1, Episode 2 and Episode 3 they are now completely finished! :) From my point of view they are visually finished and the Ultra Violence skill setting is balanced for every single map in these Episodes, wether you play them
from the startmap or after each other. Coop support should also work as I haven't found any places where things could be difficult. The only thing left to do is beta-tests and other skill settings.

Beyond with Solarsnowfalls incredible help, I could also enhance many special effects ingame and I have also added lots of new and nifty features that make things easier (for example camera walls - over are the times of searching for the right door ;)). The last thing to work on now is Torment & Torture LE and the final Torment & Torture 4 Boss Area (as well as the TITLEMAP, CREDITSMAP is already done)... so let's see how this looks in a little summary:

OVERVIEW
--------------
EPISODE 1
MAP01 = 98%
EPISODE 2
MAP01 = 98%
EPISODE 3
MAP01A = 98%
MAP01B = 98%
MAP02 = 98%
LOST EPISODE
MAP01 = 80%
EPISODE 4
MAP01 = 95%
MAP02 = 92%
MAP03 = 90%
RESOURCE OVERALL = 98%
--------------
MAKES UP FOR AN OVERALL STATUS OF: 94,5%

...sounds promising, doesn't it?! :)
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Ryan Cordell » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:22 pm

I'm actually eager a bit to see how Episode 2 progresses on, although if at all possible, more cover and more ammo wouldn't be a bad choice there, or for those who really don't want to get through, a hard, enemy filled passage of getting past the arena and such?
Ryan Cordell
PDA Man

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Tormentor667 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:55 pm

Episode 2 will get more ammo, more cover, more health and armor and beyond, the arena passage has changed alot and will be much better in gameplay now ;)
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Unknown_Assassin » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:10 pm

Are the newish monsters (ex: Grey Chaingunguy that replaces Spectre)from Episode 2 and 3 modified?
Will this be in episodes (separate categories) or will the episodes merge as one (not as in maps) as in TNT1, Map01 will be Map-01 and TNT2, Map01 will be Map02?
Will the Ultimate Torment and Torture stay to be Zdoom compatible, or is it already for GZDoom?

I'm asking questions just to be sure.
Unknown_Assassin
Bow down to the Protoss Race!!

Postby Amuscaria » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:45 pm

cant wait to play this thing. :D Looks sweet.
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom

Postby Tormentor667 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:12 am

Unknown_Assassin wrote:Are the newish monsters (ex: Grey Chaingunguy that replaces Spectre)from Episode 2 and 3 modified?

Yeah, the new Chaingun Major will have complete new sprites, drawn by Vader!
Unknown_Assassin wrote:Will this be in episodes (separate categories) or will the episodes merge as one (not as in maps) as in TNT1, Map01 will be Map-01 and TNT2, Map01 will be Map02?

Well, you can do both if you want to :) Every TNT Episode can be chosen from the start menue so you can play each of them alone or you can play all of them in a row (where LE won't be included in this row as it is a special episode).
Unknown_Assassin wrote:Will the Ultimate Torment and Torture stay to be Zdoom compatible, or is it already for GZDoom?
I'm asking questions just to be sure.

GZDoom for many reasons, will work with ZDoom but look much worse and even some 3D floors won't be visible.
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Vader » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:13 am

Tormentor667 wrote:
Unknown_Assassin wrote:Are the newish monsters (ex: Grey Chaingunguy that replaces Spectre)from Episode 2 and 3 modified?

Yeah, the new Chaingun Major will have complete new sprites, drawn by Vader!

Good to know the chaingunner has a use outside of KDiZD!
Vader
Mandroid ginger Ninja

Postby Ixnatifual » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:59 am

Now that's a pretty portal.
Ixnatifual
Is that virtuous?!

Postby Tormentor667 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:56 am

Just wait until you see it in motion :)
Tormentor667
needs more detail

PreviousNext

Return to Levels