Ultimate Torment & Torture (New Screens p.26)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Postby Shadelight » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:40 am

Those lights look so nice Torm :)
Shadelight
You must construct additional lumber.

Discord: Shadelight#4920

Postby Vader » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:27 pm

Seems like you´re also using the simplicity palette... very nice!
Vader
Mandroid ginger Ninja

Postby Tormentor667 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:46 pm

Vader wrote:Seems like you´re also using the simplicity palette... very nice!

Yeah exactly, the blue and green in this palette just looks beautiful and makes TNT a bit less oversaturated.
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Tormentor667 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:25 am

"Torment & Torture Episode 2 - Armory of Pain"
...the evolution of heat has just begun!
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Nmn » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:35 am

Can't see shit without brightening that shot first. How about some more contrasted light variety? Or a light gradient up from the lava stream?
Nmn
Just lurking about...

Postby Tormentor667 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:43 am

@NMN - Supposed to be that dark and hazey (and beyond, for me it isn't that dark, maybe your monitor's brightness is too low? Sectors have brightness of 140+, not darker! BEyond, that gradient light wont work here because I have sloped sectors with lava and I have no idea how to gradient them correctly!
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Tormentor667 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:17 pm

Did some more work (changed textures of the tubes, added more structures and made the bridge look more like a bridge), so here a small comparison on the old and new TNT2 main-room:
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Nmn » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:18 pm

Tormentor667 wrote:@NMN - Supposed to be that dark and hazey (and beyond, for me it isn't that dark, maybe your monitor's brightness is too low? Sectors have brightness of 140+, not darker! BEyond, that gradient light wont work here because I have sloped sectors with lava and I have no idea how to gradient them correctly!

It may be because my room is bright. My point was a bit more light variety ;) and sloped sectors.. you're right, a gradient won't work.
Nmn
Just lurking about...

Postby Phobus » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:28 pm

Glad you're moving away from rooms that look symetrical across the horizon Torm. It was one thing I always wondered about. That dusty heat effect is very nice. I've seen a similar thing in my garage, when we swept the floor :)

One request: Can you make that titanium chaingunner have a higher mass in Decorate please? It felt really odd when I shot it and it flew across the room, but didn't die. Even though the mass is probably the same as the others, it's not acheiving the same effect.
Phobus
Registered Occasional Lurker

Postby Tormentor667 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:08 pm

Thx for comments and feedback, I will fix that!
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Tormentor667 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:42 pm

(Sorry for the Dark shot, view it on dark backgrounds and you will see details)

Okay, some more progress report on "The Ultimate Torment & Torture" ;) I'm still working on TNT2 and I am about 75% finished. There are still some areas which need a little touch-up but the overall TNT2 is pretty close to being finished.

I added new effects, new visuals, some easter eggs (same to TNT1), a new tune for BOSS Battles (yes, you will find things like that in both TNT1 and TNT2 now ;)) and beyond some other new surprises that will be interesting for persons which have already played TNT1 and TNT2 and who are looking for some new challenges!

Keep looking forward to new screenshots soon ;)
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Tormentor667 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:06 pm

Last shot for today after another hour of fulltime work:
"Clever usage of Translucent Lights and Brightness_Level specials in ZDoom make this room look that beautiful!"
(Note: No 3D Lights, no GZDoom/GLZDoom specific features, runs with ZDoom .98!!!)
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby SMG M7 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:29 pm

Nice, very, very nice! I just played through TNT3 again and I'm just waiting for this to come out.
SMG M7
Woo!

Postby Caligari87 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:38 pm

:shock: That is AMAZING....

8-)
Caligari87
I'm just here for the community
User Accounts Assistant

Discord: Caligari87#3089

Postby Tormentor667 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:13 am

Thx ;)
Tormentor667