Ultimate Torment & Torture (New Screens p.26)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Vader wrote:I guess i should start work then :P
If I work consistently, it will still take me about 2-3 weeks to clean up the old TNTs and finish the last map of TNT4 (needs just the boss-arena and your sprites/decorate), so there is still enough time left.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

Remember co-op. There are only a few things that mess up co-op in the current TNT wads so they should be easy to fix.
ace

Post by ace »

2-3 weeks (to a month or so as things ALWAYS get in the way at some point)? And this will be DONE?! I've been waiting for TNT4 since I played TNT3, and this sounds awesome.

Heh, I remember stumbling on NewDoom and when I noticed the Wad in a Week contest, I've gotta say, I'm utterly shocked that TNT1 took less than 1 week to be made. Hell, working on my map for NDCP2 for the past 3 weeks I've only gotten 5 rooms done. Feh, rotten speedmappers... :p

Looking forward to this bigtime. But here's my question: considering this is the end-all-be-all for the series.... what's next? More somewhat random levels like City of the Damned? A new series? Nothing?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Bio - You've got mail!

@ace - Yeah, thats good to hear and TNT4 is already in developement for almost a whole year... even a bit longer since I started with it a few months before KDiZD... nevertheless, I'll give my best to not disappoint you guys. And yes, after this final TNT piece, I won't stop working for that series... the reason is quite simple: I am finally out of ideas! Everytime I created another TNT part, I made it even better then the first one with some new innovative things never seen before, and I just could do this, because the Quake (and equal) resources made me think of new stuff while working on a precessor. And now, with TNT4 I have finished what I had in mind and - as anyone knows - you should stop when it's the best time of a piece and I don't think I can make TNT5 better than all the others.
After TNT I will concentrate again on KDiZD and meanwhile finish the "Tower of Suffering" which will all be released in 2006. Afterwards, Stronghold and Netherworld still needs to be finished, but I think, that will also take another year or more ;) So, no new series like TNT, but maybe another random map like CotD or ToS!
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Tormentor667 wrote: Stronghold and Netherworld

Yeah. THat would be great.
ace

Post by ace »

Well glad to hear everything (especially KDiZD :p) will be moving along soon. By the way:
as anyone knows - you should stop when it's the best time of a piece
Try telling that to the people at EA, Sega, Capcom, and so on, who JUST WON'T QUIT with franchises like Need for Speed, Sonic, Megaman... the original games and a few that followed in most cases were good, but the more you make of a "good" thing, the worse it ends up becoming, especially when out of ideas. Those companies need to learn that you cannot milk a cow that has been dead for years... [/offtopicrant]
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@ace - Absolutely true!

@GrafZahl - Especially Stronghold is one of the projects I'd really like to finish, but I need a lot of help with that one becaue I still have Chilvence's monumental script lying around but it is buggy in some places and I can't fix this on my own, because it is heavy ACS stuff in there :(

BTW, some progress report: TNT1 is about 25% remade! But I won't post any screenshots from now on!
solarsnowfall

Post by solarsnowfall »

Nmn wrote: I'm really busy with... ROne.
:shock: Details!
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Tormentor667 wrote: @GrafZahl - Especially Stronghold is one of the projects I'd really like to finish, but I need a lot of help with that one becaue I still have Chilvence's monumental script lying around but it is buggy in some places and I can't fix this on my own, because it is heavy ACS stuff in there :(
Any way I can help?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Well, sure, if you are familiar with all the complicated ACS stuff, you might be able to help. If you want me to, I can already send you the complete script library and a demo map of Stronghold via email!
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Please do so. Then I can take a look. Is this a universal script for all maps?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Yeah, it's a universal script for all the maps with one single IN-MAP part that controls the others. I will do that in a few minutes. And, btw, did you get my email concer. the TNT Resource bugs? (switches, hellwarrior)
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Didn't you get my answer?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Answered now with link to the files. Thx man! :)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Some new on the developement:

I finished the new "Upper Libraries" of TNT1 today and added Stacked Sectors and other cool effects to this part of the map... that looks amazing now, I don't dare to post any screenshots to destroy the surprise :)

Return to “Levels”