M17 Project: One-Man Mapping Project

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

M17 Project: One-Man Mapping Project

Postby MEMEAIDS » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:14 pm

Initiated on May 17th, 2021 (hence the name), the M17 Project is something of a pet project of mine, that has roots in an older, abandoned project from a year prior, that had similar ambitions to this one. In the time between when I abandoned the previous project, to the initiation of this one, I have since grown in my mapping consciousness, and so, I feel more comfortable, undertaking a project of this scale. Ideally, this will end up as a complete 32-level Megawad, though, as it stands, it exists as a six-map beta, with an unfinished Map07 in the files.

The M17 Project contains new levels, new music, new sounds, and new textures.
Each map is made with the design philosophy of offering the player short, concise map design with combat encounters that provide a fair challenge for beginners, while also offering a handful of traps that will keep veterans from getting bored. The ultimate goal of this philosophy, is to promote a pick-up-and-play style that allows users to play for as long as they like, drop the game for as long as they like, and pick it back up, without falling out of the loop.

The WAD, complete with README.txt can be found HERE:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wskdp04j ... 6.zip/file
(Features Maps 01 through 06, with an unbeatable early alpha of Map07)

Screenshots can be found HERE:
(Note: Some screenshots may or may not show earlier builds of the maps)
https://imgur.com/gallery/Q7tO1Gh

Additionally, a link to the Doomworld post, can be found here, if you would prefer to follow the wad's development, there:
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... nt-2388418

In closing, I would like to say, that I sincerely hope whomever plays this, enjoys what I have on offer, and will stick around for the future of this wad's development!
MEMEAIDS

Discord: Sleep Country OFFICIAL#0438
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 32-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Re: M17 Project: One-Man Mapping Project

Postby MEMEAIDS » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:07 pm

Note:
Development on Map08 has begun.

No name has been settled upon, as that will come, once the map starts to really take form.

Expect more in the future!
MEMEAIDS

Discord: Sleep Country OFFICIAL#0438
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 32-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Return to Levels