EDAY Vanilla 2019 for GZD/LZD/ZDoom2.8/Zandro

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
kalensar
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): linux mint 21
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: EDAY Vanilla for vanilla and mods

Post by kalensar »

Serathis wrote:This will come very handy for Hideous Destructor! Eday works surpsingly well with that mapset!
Yup, Hideous Destructor is on the clean list. Eday is built upon a lot of very natural designs from cities to valleys to wilderness. Map EDAY17 is especially cool because it is a Suburb styled level.
primavoltage

Post by primavoltage »

kalensar wrote: I don't really expect Eday Vanilla to work on old Zdoom due to the BDv21 ACS module. QCDE is trying to replace custom trees and failed. But it works on Zandronum just fine? I can't test on Zandronum so that is really cool to know!

I'll test Doosk and QCDE( if I can find it) to see whats up and if the trouble persists on GZ 4.6.1
Well, its ZDoom Fork of a an old ZDoom with some features from GZDoom 1.9x, developed by drfrag since it has smooth run than GZDoom or his LZDoom ports and i primarily use it for non-ZScript mods like DoomRL Arsenal (which i still need to test if it runs with this mapset) so maybe it would run normally fine (actually it runs fine besides it runs BD v21 with no problem)...

And yes, it runs Zandronum on those two mods with no problem while ZDoom32,GZDoom (latest included the GLS branch) and LZDoom (latest) doesnt so i have been wondering why it runs Zandro just fine. Maybe probably that 'PowerUp function error that pop out by those two mods are the reason behind it...

Btw, i run it with Combined Arms Gaiden (of course, using the ZDoom32 port) and it works as well...
kalensar

Post by kalensar »

Updated the Success list with CODBW Call of Duty Black Warfare.
kalensar

Post by kalensar »

Fixed the looping exit of Map EDAY41 so it now sends you to map 19 like it was intended. Updated success and failure list as well
kalensar

Post by kalensar »

Update! Got D4V Classic working with EDAY Vanilla! Updated main post

D4VClassic!!!---- Make a separate copy of D4VClassic. Open a Wad Editor and delete the ANIMDEF file. It will work. Make sure to rename the new copy to like D4V4EDAY or something. 
kalensar

Re: EDAY Vanilla (2019 version base) Works in GZD/LZD/DeltaT

Post by kalensar »

updated title. Updated success list. LZDoom works. Added Meatgrinder to the success list.
kalensar

Re: EDAY Vanilla 2019 (Finalized hopefully)

Post by kalensar »

Updated Big update. Changelog right at the top of main post.
kalensar

Post by kalensar »

Update
11/15/21--- Current Update; Works on Zdoom2.8 (minor graphics errors but works!)
Works on Zandronum Singleplayer, testing on multiplayer doesnt seem to support it yet.
kalensar

Post by kalensar »

Update

11/29/21--- Fixed Blue door in Map EDAY16 so its now passable. Fixed Turretdudes by replacing them with Chaingunners.
kalensar

Re: EDAY Vanilla 2019 for GZD/LZD/ZDoom2.8/Zandro

Post by kalensar »

12/6/21-- FIxed some missing sprites on Map EDAY30. The missing player turrets are replaced with Chaingunners.
kalensar

Re: EDAY Vanilla 2019 for GZD/LZD/ZDoom2.8/Zandro

Post by kalensar »

Changelog--

3/26/22--- Major performance update. Reorganized the file structure and improved the performance value by like 5x. I can literally run smooth on a low-end with zero Precache Textures running now. Also!!! Maps are now renamed to Doom 2 format so IDCLEV now works. THe Secret Levels are still 40,41, 42. So Terminal Format is now Map Map05 as an example.
Important!! Music Mods are not compatible despite the map renaming. =(
This is due to Map ACS having control over music control. I will not rewrite the ACS to bypass for choice of music.

Return to “Levels”