[REALMS-DEEP-2021] Basilica of a Thousand Torments

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

[REALMS-DEEP-2021] Basilica of a Thousand Torments

Postby IvanDobrovski » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:09 pm

Download

This is my map submission for the Realms Deep 2021 event, it seemed the link for it was missing except for the README, so I took to putting it here instead. I've finished a map that's for another project which is in a hiatus at the moment. I thought it'd make a good map when finished, and I've went the extra mile and optimized a lot of areas and added Quake monsters to fit the theme. The map itself was around 60-65% done, most of the layout was finished. It was missing detail in some places, thing placement + scripting was missing or broken in a lot of places. Proper item balancing wasn't there etc. In the time alotted I basically touched up the whole thing, polished it and am now releasing it for everyone to enjoy.

Spoiler: Screenshots

Good luck and have fun finding the hidden logo :)
IvanDobrovski

Re: [REALMS-DEEP-2021] Basilica of a Thousand Torments

Postby m1lk » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:31 am

looks amazing, ill try it out
m1lk

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.8 or later
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [REALMS-DEEP-2021] Basilica of a Thousand Torments

Postby Voltcom9 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:21 pm

I love the artistic detail in these screenshots! Looks awesome!
Especially the last shot with the circular cathedral looking area.
Voltcom9
the invisible member

Return to Levels