Göbekli Grave (A.K.A My first public wad)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Göbekli Grave (A.K.A My first public wad)

Postby Doomber119 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:58 pm

Hello Friends!

This is the first wad i have decided to upload, I have been making Doom wads on, and off for about 6 years now, but this wad is my most recent. Göbekli Grave is a simple 5 level (including 1 secret level) miniwad i have working on since late April on and off before work, and on my days off. Using skills i have created this wad as something not only fun to play, but fun to make too. This is the first wad where i actually gave a hoot, and decided to dive into DECORATE, ZDoom features (MAPINFO, ANIMDEFS, etc.) and how to use them.

Constructive Criticism is welcome
Thanks for Downloading!

- Doomber119 (A.K.A Oatmeal Khan)

For those curious about the secret level:
Spoiler:

Screenshot at 2021-06-14 09-21-59.jpg

map2.jpg

map3.jpg

DOWNLOAD:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... .Ks_GG.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doomber119

Re: Göbekli Grave (A.K.A My first public wad)

Postby gerolf » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:58 pm

So far I'm on level 3 and have enjoyed this. The menu looks really cool, and map 3 has an awesome atmosphere. I'm going to finish this up and give more thoughts later.

edit:
Spoiler:

Also, like the revolver in this WAD, great pistol replacement.
gerolf

Postby Doomber119 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:28 pm

gerolf wrote:So far I'm on level 3 and have enjoyed this. The menu looks really cool, and map 3 has an awesome atmosphere. I'm going to finish this up and give more thoughts later.

edit:
Spoiler:

Also, like the revolver in this WAD, great pistol replacement.

So sorry for the late reply friend, what do you mean when you say "The switch isn't activating"? are you referring to the lowering wall to access the red key? In my testing you have to be basically touching the skull switch due to the nature of the lindefs i placed.
Doomber119

Postby gerolf » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:28 pm

Hey Doomber119, I tried activating the switch but it wouldn't work no matter what, so I had to no-clip at that point. I was able to finish this, and I really enjoyed the finale, though I only had the SSG to kill the boss, but managed to do it before running out of ammo! I really like the themes of your maps, they feel really cool and the music fits well, and the ending art is very well done!

I recommend this WAD to others! I also hope to see a sequel sometime.
gerolf

Return to Levels