DBK01: Dungeon Synths - looking for mappers!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: DBK01: Dungeon Synths - looking for mappers!

Postby glenzinho » Fri May 14, 2021 10:35 pm

Just wanna touch on music slots as it hasn't been mentioned: If you wanna claim a track, make your map for the mapslot the music occupies in the music wad. I can mention at this stage that MAP04 + 06 are already spoken for, and I would assume MAP01's track is taken as well and will be used for the map in the resource wad.
glenzinho
dbk4lyfe

Postby glenzinho » Tue May 18, 2021 2:23 am

More WIP screens:

Spoiler:
glenzinho
dbk4lyfe

Postby Big Ol' Billy » Sun May 23, 2021 12:00 pm

We've got a number of maps well under way now, including a new one from me that will be dropping any day now! I've noted current music slot claims now in the OP--let me know if there are any issues or if you want to go ahead and claim a track. Expect to see a lot more activity soon as we near the (initial mapping) finish line.
Big Ol' Billy

Discord: Big Ol' Billy#7280

Postby Endless » Wed May 26, 2021 7:09 am

Excitedly awaiting the launch of this project. The subject matter is of great appeal to me and I'm sure I will enjoy this quite a bit.
Once I get my mappper skills polished (if I ever get them polished lol) I hope to be able to participate in this sometime. In the meantime, I can contribute to play the crap out of it :P
Endless

Discord: 𝕰𝖓𝖉𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖘#2065

Postby glenzinho » Mon May 31, 2021 3:10 am

Synthful Journey v1, plays on MAP04 for the music track
Download

3 Days until mapping deadline! There are a couple of maps in the works that I know of that are just about done, plus whatever secret surprises that MC Bill cooks up for the bookend storytelling maps in the polish month of June. Get your synth on peeps!
glenzinho
dbk4lyfe

Postby DooM_RO » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:11 am

My contribution: Vlad's Carpathian Resort. It plays on Map 01 for now and uses track 11.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/j6botni4 ... 3.wad/file
DooM_RO

Postby Big Ol' Billy » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:27 am

Another map from me, probably early-set: Knights of the Patch Cables https://www.dropbox.com/s/zhr63pigsqeg3rf/knights-v1.wad?dl=1 (plays MAP07 for music)

I'm making some good progress on the intro map, so with that and a possible last-minute drop from one or two others, we're looking at a respectable 7-8 map set. Not a bad haul! That said: please post your map here by midnight tomorrow (June 2nd) in your time zone to be considered for inclusion. Remember that we've got a month for polishing, so any good-faith effort should have a very strong chance of making it in the final set!
Big Ol' Billy

Postby BearInThaWoods » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:59 pm

BearInThaWoods

Postby Big Ol' Billy » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:41 pm

The polishing phase has begun! Stay tuned...
Big Ol' Billy

Postby BearInThaWoods » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:57 pm

BearInThaWoods

Previous

Return to Levels