Filtration Plant - (GZDoom, Stand-Alone Map)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Filtration Plant - (GZDoom, Stand-Alone Map)

Postby Emperor S P O O N » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:15 am

Filtration Plant is a stand-alone map utilizing GZDoom and the UDMF format to create an atmosphere that compliments the fast-paced nature of the level.

I made this level in my spare time when I wasn't working on stuff irl or on an upcoming project with the working title of "Spectre". You can find videos of my progress on it from my channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf6qnV ... 25R1IYXwrQ

In any case, here are some screenshots of the level itself:

Spoiler:

Some things to note before diving into this level:

- This will only run with GZDoom.
- You will need the Doom 2 IWAD for this level.
- Jumping, Crouching, and Freelook will be allowed.
- Dynamic lights are aplenty here, almost a necessity, so if you're having performance issues I'd suggest to turn dynamic lights off and turn the brightness up.
- Difficulty is hard to judge with this one. I think it sits comfortably close to Doom 2, yet it can fall near Plutonia in some areas.

That's about it, I think. You'll find the link to the IdGames Archive here:
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... f/filtplnt

Let me know if you liked this level. I really do appreciate the feedback.
Emperor S P O O N

Re: Filtration Plant - (GZDoom, Stand-Alone Map)

Postby Misery » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:10 am

That was a good map. I liked it. Good detail. Was a bit easy. I did beat it in a blind run, and I almost never do that. No, but seriously, it was a good map.

Spoiler:
Misery

Re: Filtration Plant - (GZDoom, Stand-Alone Map)

Postby Clippy » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:15 am

Clippy

Return to Levels