HEXEN: Afterlands - 10 Level Hub

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

HEXEN: Afterlands - 10 Level Hub

Postby Seidolon » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:00 am

Afterlands is a 10 Level Single-Player Hub which is a sequel to Cyrgoth's Revenge. It is designed for GZDoom and Zandronum, and utilizes no new assets, meaning compatibility with any Hexen gameplay mod. While being Single-Player oriented, Afterlands can also be played in Co-op and Deathmatch modes, however due to the large map sizes, the latter is discouraged. Like in it's predecessors, there are numerous unmarked secrets throughout the span of the Hub, as well as two secret levels, one you can access early in the game, and another that is accessible towards the end of the WAD.

I only uploaded the previous two Cyrgoth WADs to the Doomworld Forums because of some drama that occurred here before, but thanks to Rachael being willing to give me a second chance, I am able to share the final WAD in the trilogy with the users of the ZDoom Forums as well. Hope you guys and gals enjoy my contributions to the community!

Spoiler: Screenshots

DOWNLOAD: AFTLAND1.zip

Find the previous two wads from the Cyrgoth Series here:
CYRGOTH'S MANOR
CYRGOTH'S REVENGE

Credits:
Level Design and Graphics: Seidolon
Font used in Title Graphic: Ichor
Seidolon

Re: HEXEN: Afterlands - 10 Level Hub

Postby StroggVorbis » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:44 am

I kinda forgot about the two previous entries, but since I'm on a Hexen binge right now, playing all custom content I come across, this comes right on time. I'll try the whole trilogy from start to finish. Happy to see you here again, wishing you a belated 1st advent from Germany :D
StroggVorbis
Donut eat me pls!

Discord: StroggVorbis#2466
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Seidolon » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:14 pm

Thanks! I'll have to play my trilogy from start to finish now as well since I finally have it complete. Enjoy!
Seidolon

Postby Woolie Wool » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:23 pm

I just played through this (though I missed the secret levels) and this was some mighty fine Hexen mapping, though I didn't like the ice platforming level for being an ice platforming level. Any chance of a Cyrgoth omnibus megawad with the whole trilogy in one game?
Woolie Wool
Call Apogee Say "Snappity!"

Discord: Woolie Wool#9878
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Seidolon » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:08 pm

Thanks for the feedback! The ice level is an optional level (though not one of the secret levels), so I made it the most difficult. I definitely want to get around to putting all of the trilogy together into one WAD, although I would need to rebalance the earlier levels to make them easier so that there isn't a difficulty falloff as you get to Revenge and Afterlands.
Seidolon

Return to Levels