[GZDoom] TacoSalad

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

[GZDoom] TacoSalad

Postby Matias » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:14 am

Requirements and other important stuff

-DOOM II (replaces map01)
-Freelook Required
-GZDoom Only (tested with 4.2.1, 4.3.3 and 4.4.2)
-UDMF format
-Hardware Rendering
-Sector light mode Doom or Dark
-Uses dynamic lights and reflective floors
-Has some 3d floors
-Playtime around 20-45 minutes

DOWNLOAD. Zip file includes TacoSalad.wad and TacoLite.wad. They are identical except TacoLite doesn't include reflective floors
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qrVGOb ... sp=sharing

Little backround of this wad.

So i originally started making this right after my last map Books And Blue so that would be summer 2019.
I worked on it for a while until i abandoned it, i continued working on it fall 2019 and abandoned it again.
Later that year around late november i decided i would try to finish it before the year ends, that obviously didn't happen.
I still continued working on this wad on and off all the way to february 2020. While also doing other stuff like the amazing dr.Phil archvile mod .
Most of the work was done between novemer 2019 and february 2020, it was 90% done at the time until i lost interest/ was burned out with this map.
Biggest reason for abandoning this map again was that there was one specific room that i really struggled to make good so i just kinda forgot about the entire map.
Now in late 2020 i came back to doom mapping and started 2 new maps, but a thought came to my mind
"wasn't that one map almost done? i should probably finish that one first"
So that is what i did. Like i said the map was 90% done.
I didn't want to change it too much so i only fixed the issues i came across and obviously finished everything that was unfinished.
So all the areas that were done i left untouched so i don't get carried away and remake the entire thing.

End result ? well i like to think it's an old building that has been partly modernized or something like that.
There are areas that i really like about this map which was the main reason for finishing this map but there are also areas i'm not a huge fan of.

Check Doomworld for screenshots, imgur isn't working properly right now
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... tacosalad/
Matias

Re: [GZDoom] TacoSalad

Postby Kinsie » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:52 am

Screenshots from the Doomworld thread:

Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Re: [GZDoom] TacoSalad

Postby Matias » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:06 pm

Thanks for posting the screenshots! I came here to edit the original post to include them but now it's unneccessary
Matias

Return to Levels