Flesh Season REDUX

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Flesh Season REDUX

Postby Angel-Neko_X » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:37 am

Flesh Season is a mini mod for skulltag in the past but for this Halloween, it have his remake and for GZDOOM

What's the changes comparing to the original version?

-Map reworked
-More darkness
-Weapons Changed
-Two types of weapons according of the difficulty you choose
-And more important, more deadly.
-Oh, I almost forgot, the flashlight!

Link for download : https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/add ... ason-redux

Happy Halloween!
Angel-Neko_X
Swan Fox doesn't like hurt other people, I do!

Discord: Audom_Moy#1094
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Flesh Season REDUX

Postby Kills_Alone » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:00 pm

Nice job, and thanks for taking the time to update it to GZDoom.

Kills_Alone

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby EnriksD8 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:16 pm

Alright, so I tried both versions (ANX_flesh_season_REDUX.pk3 and the flesh season V4.wad) and I have a few things to say about both.

The former (ANX_flesh_season_REDUX.pk3) is too dark (even if horror was the main goal of the original and this remake) and the flashlight doesn't really help that much in illuminating the surrounding area as much. Even when I found that one switch to turn on the lights in the main house, things were still rather dark in the surrounding areas. It makes it less tense and challenging and more of an annoyance, having to squint my eyes just to see what's beyond five feet of me. You may want to tweak the lighting levels so that it's a good blend of dark and visible.

The latter (flesh season V4.wad), while a little bright, makes things more bearable at least.

Still, this is a good mod despite the problems I have with it. The weapon balance is good, the Revolver being a decent sidearm with a large ammo pool (at first I wasn't fond of it, having to magdump each zombie but once I got a bunch of ammo it was my primary weapon for most of the first map), the Coach Gun is a powerful gun in CQC (good positioning always ensured I killed at least two zombies in a single blast) and the Trench Gun is an accurate mid-ranged gun perfect for dealing with monsters from afar (I know, a shotgun being good at long range is surreal but that's their real-life purpose especially when hunting deer or birds from 50 or so meters away).

I'll give more feedback once I played more of this mod.
EnriksD8
That one dude that writes shit fanfics as a hobby

Discord: #9472

Postby EnriksD8 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:23 pm

One minor gripe is the misspelled words. It's a bit annoying on the eyes but not really much to turn me away from the mod itself.
EnriksD8
That one dude that writes shit fanfics as a hobby

Discord: #9472

Postby Rex705 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:42 pm

This was a fun spooky map good update. I also did a video.

Rex705

Discord: Rex705
Twitch ID: Rex705

Return to Levels