Doom #20hours20monsters Speedmapping Challenge

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Doom #20hours20monsters Speedmapping Challenge

Postby TiagoR2 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:02 pm

So I created a little jam with little hype at itch.io for creating a vanilla-compatible Doom II single-player map with exactly 20 monsters in 20 hours (that can be spread over a week).

On itch.io, everyone who submits can then rank the other submissions, and I plan on grouping them all on a megawad for release on Friday the 13th.

https://itch.io/jam/halloween-2020-doom-speedmapping-challenge

Signing up is exclusively thru the link, but I'll copy all info here.

Halloween 2020 Doom Speedmapping Challenge - 20 hours, 20 monsters

Let's celebrate the day of the dead with a speedmapping challenge! And, demons willing, we might have a megawad just in time for Friday the 13th!

RESTRICTIONS
Spoiler:

SUGGESTIONS
Spoiler:

CRITERIA
Spoiler:

RESULTS
Spoiler:

You can sign up [url="https://itch.io/jam/halloween-2020-doom-speedmapping-challenge"]here[/url]. If you have some hours to spare and would like to spend your Halloween week on Doom Builder, join us!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TiagoR2

Discord: tiagor2#9387

Re: Doom #20hours20monsters Speedmapping Challenge

Postby Dewzanity » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:18 pm

Well, I'll just jump in and make a map. I say this now and I'll probably forget about it all on day 2, so we'll see about that. I've already got some interesting ideas brewing through my cerebral circuits.
Dewzanity
I'M A PRINCESS!!

Postby TiagoR2 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:32 pm

That's great! If you have any questions or suggestions you can reach me here, but also on the Community tab on the jam page, and on the topic over at Doomworld. :D
TiagoR2

Postby TiagoR2 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:00 pm

We already have some submissions coming in, so it's a good moment to quickly comment on the submissions process so no one is caught off-guard:

On itch.io, after logging in, you should:

1. "Upload new project" from the dropdown next to your username on the bar at the top;
  2. I suggest choosing "Game mods" on the Classification drop-down. The rest is very self-explanatory;
  3. Now with the project uploaded and made public, go to the Jam page;
  4. Join it if you haven't already (Please do! Joining early brings us visibility even if you didn't upload your project yet)
  5. Click "Submit your project" and choose it from the drop-down.

If you miss the deadline contact me so I can manually add late submissions.
TiagoR2

Return to Levels