[GZDoom] DOOM II - The Cage Under Site 19 - RELEASE

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

[GZDoom] DOOM II - The Cage Under Site 19 - RELEASE

Postby hjordan159 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:18 pm

UPDATE 10/14/2020 - A new version is available, changes include:

-A new, different opening has been added to the starting zone.
-More secrets have been added. Secrets have been cleaned up and now show the correct amount (currently 15).
-An overall polish in several areas - tweaks to some monster spawns, a new trap, improved/cleaned up the ending fight, a bit tougher on higher difficulties, etc.
-Remade the below intro post, removed old/outdated information

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! After playing some awesome DOOM WADs I really wanted to learn the editor and try putting out a map. This is my first WAD, however I ´╗┐have used level editors for other games. Basically, I just wanted to create a big ass map for DOOM II. This is a one map WAD with an average playtime of 45-60 minutes, and for the most part is medium-high difficulty. There are traps, secrets, and tons of enemies. The gameplay involves progressing through a large complex with ever-changing environments around every corner, while still keeping everything cohesive and focused. This map is on the longer side and you will be shooting and fighting your way through many different rooms to make it to the end!

Definitely put some time into creating this. Playtests and feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Requirements:
    -Sourceport - GZDOOM latest version G4.4.2
    -Roughly one hour of your time

GZDoom Settings:
    -Be sure that freelook, jumping, and crouching are enabled
    -Hardware rendering recommended
    -Compatibility mode: Default (avoid any collision/infinite tall monster issues)
    -Ultra violence recommended (DOOM II)

Recommended mods:
Beautiful Doom - Vanilla gameplay, nicer lighting and animations: https://www.moddb.com/mods/beautiful-doom-6100

Download Links:
10/14/2020 - Latest Release: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o61b7rr7btxty ... 9.wad?dl=0

Screenshots:

Thanks again, and if you do decide to playtest I would love to know what you think!
Last edited by hjordan159 on Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hjordan159

Re: [GZDoom] DOOM II - The Cage Under Site 19 - RELEASE

Postby hjordan159 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:24 am

Just posting a reply to this that a new version has been uploaded for playing with normal Doom II, and that the original post has been updated.
hjordan159

Postby armymen12002003 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:55 am

Great job for a single level wad I thoroughly enjoyed this is the name of the level SCP inspired though?
armymen12002003
Halt!

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby hjordan159 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:28 pm

Hello, no intentional inspiration regarding the map title. Someone else on Doomworld pointed that out and I didn't even realize (don't follow SCP), but oh well, too late now!
hjordan159

Postby armymen12002003 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:54 pm

lol it's fine as i said it's a great level.
armymen12002003
Halt!

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Return to Levels