My First Map - A Simple Tech Base

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

My First Map - A Simple Tech Base

Postby commanderskittles » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:44 pm

Hello There, I recently have gotten into Doom Modding (ie Making custom Weapon sprites) and I found out that making levels isn't a difficult process
So i downloaded GZdoom Builder and had a crack at it

Its Not the Greatest level ever made but I'm proud of it and want to improve upon it
here's the link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zfut3M4TYli4LmzkNDSK4Ne-jAgVHz5x/view?usp=sharing
commanderskittles

Discord: Brodie (Commander Skittles)#4677
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: My First Map - A Simple Tech Base

Postby Enjay » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:31 am

Not a bad little map at all (especially for a first attempt). It's got a nice Episode 1 (ish) feeling to it and its difficulty is in line with that. It could certainly work as the first map of a multi-map episode.

I noticed a few minor texture oddities but there was nothing particularly problematic and you seem to have avoided most (perhaps even all) of the classic first map errors/mistakes.

Definitely worth playing.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Re: My First Map - A Simple Tech Base

Postby commanderskittles » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:54 am

Thanks For The Feedback, is there any ideas on what i should add next?, I want to make this a little bit longer
commanderskittles

Discord: Brodie (Commander Skittles)#4677
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Return to Levels