DOOM2: Freekill2 Level pack

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

DOOM2: Freekill2 Level pack

Postby Fryuko » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:55 am

Freekill 2 is the spiritual successor of my first ever wad and I started working on it almost right after finishing the previous one. Making this wad took around 4-5 years (with huge breaks) to finish. This means some of the levels are really old and others quite recent. Later I went back and patched up the older maps, but I still feel that most of them are heavily dated. Also deleted a few terrible maps. As a result, I ended up with 11 Levels. I completely gave up working on this wad in favor of my Heretic episode. So this is why I decided to release it. The quality doesn't reach my current stuff, that's why I hesitated to release it for a while now.

Features:
- A few new enemies
- 11 levels
- some slaughterish parts
- 3D floors used here and there

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Short video

Download:
You'll need GZDOOM to play it, a friend of mine managed to play it with zandronum as well. You might be able to run it with other source ports, but I built and tested it with this one.
I might have to update and fix stuff after feedback.
https://mega.nz/file/0WJDXaBR#hRXvTK06FWNwoXwAIKLVdwrLgIctUPb8mu6hS9YJBrc

Credits:

-Id Software
- Simon Judd - for Slade 3
- Pascal vd Heiden for Doom Builder
- Realm667 for most of the stock assets in the wad
- The authors of cc-4 tex
- Raven MIDI pack
- Other music sources are credited in the info file
- If I forgot to credit anyone please let me know and I'll fix that

Changelog:
- Fixed some game-breaking bugs
- added a makeshift menu background referencing the first installment of this wad
- added more ammo on map08
Fryuko

Discord: Фриуко#0725

Return to Levels