SURVIVE: THE 3 PILLARS OF TORCHES (UPCOMING BIG UPDATE!)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

SURVIVE: THE 3 PILLARS OF TORCHES (UPCOMING BIG UPDATE!)

Postby puffleboi » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:37 pm

SURVIVE
The 3 Pillars of Torches

Hello fellow doomers. Welcome to my first ever map.

About:
It's a survival map. (what did you expect)

It started from a simple idea when I was playing every Doom 2 level and then I reached the final level, Map 30: Icon of Sin.
I really enjoyed it. The thrill of killing all the enemies that spawned by the Icon of Sin. The only problem I found after playing it for hours is that the highest level of the platforms is really dark. That's why I asked the forums on how to toggle IDBEHOLDL always.

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=69895 (thank you so much by the way)

Couple of hours later, I searched in Google if I could find any maps similar to that but the rarity of finding those maps are the same as finding a needle in a haystack. Disappointed on the result, I thought that if you can't find it, make it. And this is where it led me to this.

What's inside?
Nothing new is changed. Only one map though..
There are 10 secrets, a SUPER secret and a NON CANON ending.

Note: The NON CANON ending is only for singleplayer not multiplayer. Otherwise, something will be guarding the ending.

Goal?
To survive as long as possible and die for honor [CANON] or find a really hard secret that has nothing [NON CANON]. (no cheating, of course)

Difficulties:
Pick ITYTD or HNTR for only 1 slow spawner. Pick HMP for 2 fast spawners. Pick UV for 3 fast spawners. Pick NM! for 3 fast spawners and a chance to blow your computer fans. (I did not handle the respawning)

Side Note:
Even though this map may be underrated, I will try to constantly update it if I have the time. This map will never die. (unless I get bored)

Changelog:

Update 0 [The Release]:
    • Map released

Update 1 [The Dewzanity Update]:
    • 8 - player coop availability
    • Music has changed. Now you can battle demons while jamming to Sign Of Evil.
    • Added the trigger for the 2 secrets.
    • Added a SUPER secret (I recommend you to bind "jump" for this)
    • Expanded the arena
    • Updated the guns closet

Update 2 [Ending? Update]:
    • Added a NON CANON ending to the map (if you somehow achieved this, don't be offended to the witty insult at the end)

To achieve the NON CANON ending route:

3 hidden skull keys must be obtained
      Find a secret within the "Added more secrets" part

• Added more secrets (basically it's a secret within a secret within a secret) (I am not joking)

Update 2 PATCH:

I'm so sorry. I did some fiddling on the Update 2 and I found out that some scripts are irreversably broken. This patched update will not only fix the scripts but adds more fixed scripts to enhance the NON CANON ending. (I guess). Nothing is new, just fixed scripts. That's all.

Download Link [Update #2 PATCHED]: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jocucjipj ... E.wad/file
(If it crashes a lot on GZDoom, optionally you can use LZDoom for better performance)

Recommended Mods:
I'm pretty sure that most gameplay mods will work, just try the mods first. But for now, Samsara, Brutal Doom, Project Brutality, and Trailblazer might be the best bet.

Bugs or suggestions? Let me know!

I hope you have fun!

Screenshots: [OUTDATED]
screenshot.png

screenshot1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by puffleboi on Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:54 am, edited 38 times in total.
puffleboi

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: SURVIVE

Postby Dewzanity » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:55 am

Very interesting choice for a first map. I swear everyone's first map is always better than mine, probably because my first map was made when I was 9. Anyhow, it was a fun experience and I'd look at this as something that wasn't someone's first map and something that someone wanted to put together without any extra detail, because I've made plenty of maps where I just want to get it done and ignore any aspects of detail while not implying the fact that "I'M A TERRIBLE MAPPER, I CAN'T MAKE A WORKING DOOR!", so I'd say your mapping skills are off to a good start.

I would suggest an idea, where the icon of sin spawns demons in teleporter rooms outside the map so that they would then teleport into the arena after already being spawned, that way the player won't get telefragged by the icon of sin cubes and if the demons are teleporting from the teleporter rooms, you aren't able to get telefragged.

Another suggestion that's totally optional is to make a survival arena that's much bigger, since the scale of most of my survival maps are always pretty large so that you can have an open space to shoot enemies. I also have a future idea where if you ever figure out how to make monster spawners outside the map, you can additionally change that idea into making a progressive survival system where every so often, another icon of sin spawner is alerted until there's eventually 10 cubes spitting at the same time.

Played it once on UV and got 115 kills and survived 3 minutes, and I died from a telefrag. It's not often I see survival mods in Doom, but they're always a blast. Keep up the good work man.
Dewzanity
I'M A PRINCESS!!

Re: SURVIVE: THE 3 PILLARS OF TORCHES

Postby puffleboi » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:32 am

[Update 2] coming soon..
Last edited by puffleboi on Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
puffleboi

Postby puffleboi » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:05 am

[Update 2] is now out!
puffleboi

Postby puffleboi » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:54 pm

If you downloaded the [Update 2], please delete that and download the [Update 2 PATCHED] instead. More info on why in the changelog.
puffleboi

Postby puffleboi » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:49 am

Here is the OST files for the upcoming big update!
OST.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
puffleboi

Return to Levels