[RELEASED] The Unholy Tetragram

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

[RELEASED] The Unholy Tetragram

Postby Dwim-pon » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:49 am

Download here!

Hey everyone! Here's my very first completed Doom map. It's a single level, of the medium/big size. I tried to give it a slightly ambient, Doom 1-esque mood, while still experimenting quite a bit here and there.

The level works in a non-linear, fairly open-ended fashion: There's a main hub and 4 "mini-levels", and at the end of each mini-level you get one skull key of your choice. Once you have at least 3 skull keys, you can open the path to the final area! (In case you grab multiple same-colored skull keys, the game autosaves at the end of each mini-level.)

Here are a few screenshots!

Spoiler:

I hope you'll enjoy my dinky little map! Feedback much appreciated, of course.
Dwim-pon

Discord: Dream#8875

Re: [RELEASED] The Unholy Tetragram

Postby Enjay » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:35 pm

I quite enjoyed that. :)

It's quite old-school in looks and basic structure, but I thought that it played well . The many teleports section was driving me mad but the auto-map is actually pretty useful there.

A 7+MB WAD having most of its size taken up by three 1280x960 full-screen graphics (TITLEPIC, CREDIT and INTERPIC take up 5.5MB) is a strange choice.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Return to Levels