Dissolution: Remastered Demo released!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Dissolution: Remastered Demo released!

Postby gunrock » Sat May 16, 2020 4:35 am

Dissolution: Remastered is a 4 map demo that serves as a prequel to "Project Slipgate". This new edition features the first 4 maps all remastered with enhanced architectural details, improved lighting effects, 4k textures, and effects! Requires either GZDoom or K8Vavoom.

Pics:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Special thanks go out to: Doomworld, ID software, Realm667, Ketmar, Graf Zahl, HorrorMovieGuy, and Nash Muhandes for all the resources used in this mod.
Please report any bugs and suggestions if any.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kg6oqumbp3ojd6e/distion.zip/file
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gunrock

Re: Dissolution: Remastered Demo released!

Postby AL-97 » Sat May 16, 2020 8:59 am

A great small set of levels! It's obvious that a lot of care and attention has gone into building this episode. Waiting for a full version.
AL-97

Postby Turin Turambar » Fri May 22, 2020 5:20 am

I got stuck on the second level, on the room after the red key. I press the two switches on the floor, I heard a sound, but nothing happens. I'm still trapped.

Also, I have to ask. Is the player supposed to find a good weapon somewhere in the first level? Because I only have the normal shotgun and chaingun, and fighting with those against Barons, Pain Elementals and even Archviles is a freaking pain in the ass, a slog.
Turin Turambar

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Voltcom9 » Fri May 22, 2020 5:04 pm

These were really solid maps! Honestly I loved the gloomy theme of these. I'm surprised there wasn't a lot more hype.
Voltcom9
the invisible member

Postby AL-97 » Fri May 22, 2020 8:03 pm

Turin Turambar wrote:I got stuck on the second level, on the room after the red key. I press the two switches on the floor, I heard a sound, but nothing happens. I'm still trapped.

Also, I have to ask. Is the player supposed to find a good weapon somewhere in the first level? Because I only have the normal shotgun and chaingun, and fighting with those against Barons, Pain Elementals and even Archviles is a freaking pain in the ass, a slog.

I made a video playthrough you might consider to consult if you got stuck or need help finding the secrets:
AL-97

Postby arnaldocsf » Mon May 25, 2020 7:25 am

AL-97 wrote:
Turin Turambar wrote:I got stuck on the second level, on the room after the red key. I press the two switches on the floor, I heard a sound, but nothing happens. I'm still trapped.

I made a video playthrough you might consider to consult if you got stuck or need help finding the secrets:

Hey, totaly unrelated, but what's the mods are you using for the VFX? :P
arnaldocsf

Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby AL-97 » Mon May 25, 2020 4:57 pm

Full list of mods used, along with the download links, is in the video's description. Not sure what you mean by "VFX"? If you're talking about demon projectiles, then it's a Particle Fire Enhancer Mod. Just be aware that it's an old, and not particularly performance-friendly mod. By default, it comes bundled with the very old, long ago discontinued version of Nash's Gore mod. It also modifies items, weapons, status bar and torches, so if you'll want to use it with a weapon or any other mod that changes those properties, you would be required to do some manual editing.
AL-97

Postby arnaldocsf » Tue May 26, 2020 8:57 pm

I see. That's exactly what I mean by "VFX"! Thank you!
arnaldocsf

Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Return to Levels