Fy_pool_day remake for GZDoom - Now on idGames!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Fy_pool_day remake for GZDoom - Now on idGames!

Postby Agentbromsnor » Wed May 06, 2020 6:41 am

For those who don't lurk over on Doomworld: I spent about two weeks working on remaking the famous custom Counter-Strike map fy_pool_day for GZDoom.

These are the features that it comes with:
- The original textures ripped from the BSP
- A few minor player actor modifications, mostly to scale the player to the appropriate size for the map
- Lots and lots of 3D floors (no 3D models here!)
- Fully tweaked for death matching, up to 8 players (see video below for a demonstration of 1v1 dm)
- An almost 1:1 recreation of the original layout

A video demonstration featuring a 1v1 death match against a friend:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEpD7XjMxGA[/youtube]

Download link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ts0bK ... Ti6AasxZAY

As an aside:
Would this be allowed on idGames, you think? If so, I'll upload the map there as well, for convenience.

Other than that: have fun! If you spot some really significant bugs, please let me know so I can fix it. Would you like to see me attempt more remakes of CS maps?
Last edited by Agentbromsnor on Sat May 09, 2020 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agentbromsnor

Re: Fy_pool_day remake for GZDoom

Postby Agentbromsnor » Sat May 09, 2020 4:17 pm

Agentbromsnor

Return to Levels